Daily Current Affairs 15th 16th November 2020: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 15th 16th November 2020. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 15th 16th November 2020. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 15th 16th November 2020 Current affairs test.
1. Two New Ayurveda Institutions
- Government of India has dedicated Two new Ayurveda Institutions to the nation.
- Institute of Teaching & Research in Ayurveda (ITRA), Jamnagar
- National Institute of Ayurveda (NIA), Jaipur
2. Statue of Peace
- PM Modi has unveiled ‘Statue of Peace’ to mark 151st Birth Anniversary of Jainacharya Shree Vijay Vallabh Surishwer Maharajin Pali, Rajasthan.
- Rajasthan: Governor: Kalraj Mishra || Chief minister: Ashok Gehlot
3. India’s first sandalwood museum
- India’s first sandalwood museum will be installed at Mysuru Palace.
- Karnataka: Governor: Vajubhai Vala || Chief minister: B. S. Yediyurappa
4. Lonar Lake in Maharashtra
- The Lonar Lake in Maharashtra has been chosen as a wetland site of international importance under the Ramsar conservation treaty.
- In January, Maharashtra got its first Ramsar site at Nandur Madhmeshwar, in Nashik.
1. Neo Banking Platform of SBM India
- SBM Bank India, the wholly–owned subsidiary of State Bank of Mauritius is set to launch a neo banking platform.
- SBM: Founded: 1973 || Headquarters: Port Louis, Mauritius || Parvataneni Venkateswara Rao (CEO)
1. Book ‘Boskiyana’
- ‘Boskiyana’ is a New Book On Gulzar is Unveiled
- Gulzar said the book shares the same name – ‘Boskiyana’– as his house in Mumbai.
- Sampooran Singh Kalra, known professionally as Gulzar, is an Indian lyricist, poet, author, screenwriter, and film director.
2. Book ‘I Am No Messiah’
- Actor Sonu Sood has announced that his autobiography titled ‘I Am No Messiah‘ will release in December.
- Theme: ‘This is a story of my life, as much as it is of the thousands of migrant workers’.
1. National Children’s Day
- National Children’s Day on 14 November every year as a tribute to India’s First Prime Minister, Jawaharlal Nehru.
- 20 November is the date observed as Universal Children’s Day by the United Nations.
2. National Press Day
- 16 November is celebrated as National Press Day every year.
- In 1956, the First Press Commission was planned to form a Press Council to protect freedom of the press in India. On 4 July 1966, the Press Council was established in India. It came into effect from 16 November 1966.
1. Soumitra Chatterjee passes away
- Legendary Bengali actor Soumitra Chatterjee has passed away.
- Soumitra Chatterjee was an Indian film actor, director, playwright, writer and poet. He is best known for his collaborations with director Satyajit Ray, with whom he worked in fourteen films.
- Soumitra Chatterjee was the first Indian film personality conferred with the Ordre des Arts et des Lettres, France’s highest award for artists
1. First Female Director Of PCB’s Board Of Governors
- Alia Zafar Becomes First Female Director Of PCB’s Board Of Governors.
- The Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) has appointed Alia Zafar as one of its directors of the board.
2. F1 Turkish Grand Prix
- Lewis Hamilton clinched the 2020 F1 championship at Turkish GP to equal Michael Schumacher’s illustrious record of seven drivers’ world titles.