Daily Current Affairs 15th 16th August 2020: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 15th 16th August 2020. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 15th 16th August 2020. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 15th 16th August 2020 Current affairs test.
1. Council of Architecture Regulations, 2020
- Education Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank has virtually rolled out Council of Architecture Regulations, 2020 in New Delhi.
- Council of Architecture by the Government of India under the provisions of the Architects Act, 1972.
- It has the responsibility to regulate the education and practice of profession throughout India besides maintaining the register of architects.
2. One Sun, One World, One Grid Initiative
- Prime Minister Modi has announced the ‘One Sun, One World, One Grid’ (OSOWOG) Plan.
- Aim: To have a trans-national electricity grid, for supplying solar power across India/Globe.
- Minister of State (IC) of the Ministry of New and Renewable Energy: Raj Kumar Singh.
3. Indian Coast Guard Ship ‘Sarthak’
- Indian Coast Guard has launched a Offshore Patrol Vessels (OPV) ICG ‘Sarthak’.
- Director General of Indian Coast Guard: Krishnaswamy Natarajan.
4. New GI Tag for Goa
- Goa’s Traditional festive Sweet Dish ‘Khaje’, Spicy Harmal Chilli and Myndoli Banana have obtained Geographical Indication (GI) tag from the Geographical Indications Registry.
- Geographical Indications Registry headquartered: Chennai, Tamil Nadu.
- Goa: Governor: Satya Pal Malik || Chief Minister: Pramod Sawant.
5. Naval Innovation and Indigenisation Organisation
- Naval Innovation and Indigenisation Organisation has been launched by the Defence Minister Rajnath Singh.
- Naval Innovation and Indigenisation Organisation will be a three-tiered organisation, will enable for the promotion of innovation and indigenisation for self-reliance in defence sector.
1. Peace Agreement between UAE & Israel
- A full normalization of relation relation agreement has been signed between Israel and the United Arab Emirates.
- The United Arab Emirates and Israel will immediately expand and accelerate cooperation between them.
- It is signed among USA President Donald Trump, Prime Minister of Israel, Benjamin Netanyahu and Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi.
2. India’s next envoy to Bangladesh
- Diplomat Vikram Kumar Doraiswami appointed as the next High Commissioner of India to Bangladesh.
- Capital: Dhaka || Currency: Bangladeshi taka
1. Standard Chartered Bank with Airtel Africa
- Standard Chartered Bank and Airtel Africa have partnered to drive financial inclusion across Africa.
- Standard Chartered Bank: Headquarters: London, United Kingdom || CEO: Bill Winters
2. YONO Krishi
- SBI has rolled out YONO Krishi review to empower farmers
- SBI: Chairperson: Rajnish Kumar || Headquarters: Mumbai || Founded: 1 July 1955
3. Shaurya KGC Card
- HDFC Bank has launched Shaurya KGC Card for armed forces.
- Aim: To provide armed forces personnel with finance for agricultural requirements like production of crop, post-harvest maintenance and consumption needs.
- HDFC: Headquarters: Mumbai || Non-Exe Chairperson: Shyamala Gopinath || CEO: Sashidhar Jagdishan
1. CEO of GoAir
- Kaushik Khona has been appointed as the CEO of GoAir replacing Vinay Dube.
- GoAir is an Indian low-cost airline based in Mumbai, Maharashtra. It is owned by the Indian business conglomerate Wadia Group. In October 2017 it was the fifth largest airline in India with an 8.4% passenger market share.
- Headquarters: Mumbai
1. F1 Spanish Grand Prix 2020
- Lewis Hamilton has won the Formula One Spanish Grand Prix 2020.
- Lewis Carl Davidson Hamilton MBE HonFREng is a British racing driver currently competing in Formula One for the Mercedes-AMG Petronas Formula One Team.
2. MS Dhoni and Suresh Raina retires
- Former Indian Captain and the World Cup winner Mahendra Singh Dhoni has announced his retirement from the International Cricket.
- He was the only captain to win all three major ICC trophies (the World Cup, the World Twenty20 and the Champions Trophy).
- Cricketer Suresh Raina has announced his retirement from the International Cricket.