Daily Current Affairs 15th 16th October 2020: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 15th 16th October 2020. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 15th 16th October 2020. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 15th 16th October 2020 Current affairs test.
1. 75th Anniversary of Food and Agriculture Organisation (FAO)
- PM Modi has released a commemorative coin of Rs 75 denomination on the occasion of 75th Anniversary of Food and Agriculture Organisation (FAO) on 16 October 2020.
- Food and Agriculture Organisation Headquarters: Rome, Italy || Head: Qu Dongyu.
2. Sujal Mission
- Odisha Government has launched ‘Sujal Mission’ to provide tap water fit for drinking by March 2022.
- Odisha Governor: Ganeshi Lal.
1. FATF stands on Pakistan
- Financial Action Task Force (FATF) Asia Pacific Group has kept Pakistan in its ‘Enhanced Follow Up’ list from the ‘regular follow-up’.
- The Financial Action Task Force is an intergovernmental organisation founded in 1989 on the initiative of the G7 to develop policies to combat money laundering. In 2001, its mandate was expanded to include terrorism financing.
- Headquarters: Paris || President: Marcus Pleyer
2. World Economic Forum Annual Meeting
- World Economic Forum has shifted annual meeting 2021 from Davos from Lucerne-Burgenstock, Switzerland.
- Theme: ‘The Great Reset’.
- The World Economic Forum, based in Cologny, Geneva Canton, Switzerland, is an international NGO, founded in 1971. The WEF’s mission is cited as “committed to improving the state of the world by engaging business, political, academic, and other leaders of society to shape global, regional, and industry agendas”.
- Headquarters: Cologny, Switzerland || Founder: Klaus Schwab
3. EpiVacCorona Vaccine
- Russia has approved 2nd coronavirus vaccine ‘EpiVacCorona’ after the Russia’s first vaccine Sputnik V.
- Russia: Capital: Moscow || Currency: Russian Ruble.
4. President of International Solar Alliance
- India and France were re-elected as the president and co-president of the International Solar Alliance.
- ISA: Headquarters Location: Gurgram, Haryana || ISA Chief: Upendra Tripathy.
1. BharatPe’s New Brand Ambassador
- BharatPe has launched ‘Team BharatPe’ with 11 Cricket stars as brand ambassadors.
- It includes Rohit Sharma, Jasprit Bumrah, KL Rahul, Mohammed Shami, Ravindra Jadeja, Suresh Raina, Shreyas Iyer, Prithvi Shaw, Sanju Samson, Yuzvendra Chahal, and Shubhman Gill.
2. Most-valuable IT services firm globally
- TCS has surpassed Accenture to become the most-valuable IT services firm globally.
- IBM is at third place.
- TCS is the second most valued company across sectors in India, just behind Reliance Industries.
1. National Thermal Power Corporation Chairman
- Gurdeep Singh has been re-appointed as the Chairman and Managing Director of National Thermal Power Corporation.
- National Thermal Power Corporation Headquarters: New Delhi
1. World Students’ Day
- World Students’ Day is observed every year on 15 October to mark the birth anniversary of former President APJ Abdul Kalam.
- In 2010 the United Nations declared 15 October World Students’ Day.
2. International Day of Rural Women
- The International Day of Rural Women is observed globally on 15 October.
- International Day of Rural Women recognizes the critical role and contribution of rural women, including indigenous women, in enhancing agricultural and rural.
- Theme: ‘Building rural women’s resilience in the wake of COVID-19’.
3. World Food Day
- World Food Day (WFD) is observed globally on 16 October by Food and Agriculture Organisation.
- Theme: ‘Grow, Nourish, Sustain. Together’.
1. Shobha Naidu passes away
- Renowned Kuchipudi dancer Shoba Naidu has passed away.
- Sobha Naidu was among the foremost Kuchipudi dancers of India and a disciple of the renowned master Vempati Chinna Satyam. She mastered the technique of Kuchipudi and began dancing lead roles in dance-dramas while still very young.
2. Bhanu Athaiya passes away
- The first Indian Oscar award winner Bhanu Athaiya passed away.
- She won the Best Costume Design Oscar for her work in the 1982 film Gandhi, directed by Richard Attenborough.
- Bhanu Athaiya was an Indian costume designer. She worked on over 100 films, with Indian filmmakers such as Guru Dutt, Yash Chopra, B.R. Chopra, Raj Kapoor, Vijay Anand, Raj Khosla, and Ashutosh Gowariker; and international directors such Conrad Rooks and Richard Attenborough.
Award, Rankings and Indexes
1. Central bank of the year award 2020
- Bank of Ghana has won the Central bank of the year award 2020.
- Governor of the Bank of England Mark Carney has won the Governor of the year award 2020.
- Central Banking Awards is held every year globally to recognize excellence in the central banking community.
1. Suraksha Kavach
- Indian Army and Maharashtra Police organised an anti-terror exercise ‘Suraksha Kavach’ at Pune.
- Chief of the Army Staff (COAS) General Manoj Mukund Naravane