Daily Current Affairs 15th January 2023: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 15th January 2023. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 15th January 2023. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 15th January 2023 Current affairs test.
1. Rajasthan Takes Initiatives to Protect “Right to Sight”
- Marking a pioneering effort as the first Indian state, Rajasthan has introduced measures to protect its citizens’ “right to sight” by combatting preventable instances of blindness.
- The main objective is to diminish the prevalence of blindness and enhance the quality of life for those with visual impairments.
- The state’s target is to reduce the blindness rate from 1.1% in 2020 to 0.3% by 2030.
- Keratoplasty institutes for cornea transplants and eye banks will be established in medical institutions and managed by the state government.
2. BRO Appoints Captain Surbhi Jakhmola as its First Female Officer
- Indian Army Captain Surabhi Jakhmola becomes the first female officer in the Border Roads Organisation (BRO) to be assigned to a mission abroad.
- Assigned to Bhutan as part of Project Dantak, she represents the Border Roads Organisation, which is responsible for infrastructure development along India’s borders and in allied nations.
- With its integration into the Order of Battle, the army guarantees full support at all times. In 2015, the defence ministry took over the BRO to enhance border connectivity.
- Squadron Leader Avani Chaturvedi, a female fighter pilot of the Indian Air Force, was recently sent to Japan for the Veer Guardian 2023 exercise.
- The Border Roads Organisation was established on May 7, 1960. Its current chief is Lt. General Rajeev Chaudhary and is headquartered in New Delhi.
- Santosh Kumar Yadav – Chairman, National Highways Authority of India (NHAI)
- Ganji Kamala Vardhana Rao – CEO, Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI)
- Hasmukh Adhia – Chief Advisor to the Gujarat Chief Minister
- Anil Kumar Lahoti – Chairman, Railway Board (replacing Vinay Kumar Tripathi)
3. Indian Army Day – 15 January 2023
- India commemorated the 75th Indian Army Day on 15 January, marking the appointment of Field Marshall K. M. Cariappa as the first Indian Commander-in-Chief of the Indian Army in 1949.
- The event showcased a flypast featuring the Army Aviation’s Dhruv and Rudra helicopters, complemented by the Indian Air Force’s Sukhoi-30Mki fighter jets.