Daily Current Affairs 15th July 2020: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 15th July 2020. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 15th July 2020. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 15th July 2020 Current affairs test.
1. India’s first fully indigenously developed vaccine against pneumonia
- India’s first fully indigenously developed vaccine against pneumonia has got approval from the Drug Controller General of India.
- Drugs Controller General of India is a department of the Central Drugs Standard Control Organization of the Government of India responsible for approval of licences of specified categories of drugs such as blood and blood products, IV fluids, vaccines, and sera in India.
1. Chabahar Rail Project
- Iran has dropped India from Chabahar Rail Project.
- The reason is cited by Iranian government is the delays from the Indian side in funding and starting the project.
- Iran: President: Hassan Rouhani || Capital: Tehran || Currency: Iranian rial
2. Poland’s Presidential Election
- Andrzej Duda has been re-elected as the President of Poland.
- Poland: Capital: Warsaw || Currency: Polish złoty.
1. ADB Vice President
- Asian Development Bank has appointed Election Commissioner Ashok Lavasa as its Vice-President.
- Ashok Lavasa is a retired 1980 batch Indian Administrative Service officer of Haryana cadre and was one of the two Election Commissioners of India. He has also served as the Finance Secretary of India, Environment, Forests and Climate Change Secretary of India and Civil Aviation Secretary of India.
- ADB: Headquarters: Mandaluyong, Philippines || President: MasatsuguAsakawa
2. Chairperson of The Hindu Group
- Malini Parthasarathy took over as Chairperson of The Hindu Group after N Ram.
- The Hindu Group is a publishing company located in Chennai. The initial publication of The Hindu Group was The Hindu, a daily newspaper that began as a weekly in 1878.
1. World Youth Skills Day
- World Youth Skills Day is observed on July 15 by United Nations.
- Theme: ‘Skills for a Resilient Youth in the Era of COVID-19 and Beyond’
Agreements and MoUs
1. UNICEF India with FICCI
- UNICEF INDIA has announced its partnership with FICCI for #Reimagine Campaign.
- Aim: To support the most vulnerable populations and children amid COVID-19.
- FICCI :President– Sangita Reddy || Secretary General– DilipChenoy || Headquarter– New Delhi
- UNICEF: Headquarter– New York || Executive Director– Henrietta Holsman Fore
Award, Rankings and Indexes
1. Von Karman Award 2020
- ISRO Chief K Sivan has been named for Von Karman Award 2020 by the International Academy of Astronautics (IAA).
- The International Academy of Astronautics is a non-governmental organisation of experts committed to expanding the frontiers of space. It was established in Stockholm on August 16, 1960.
- International Academy of Astronautics Headquarters: Paris.
1. Mohun Bagan Ratna
- Former Hockey Player Gurbux Singh and former cricketer Palash Nandi will receive Mohun Bagan Ratna 2020.
- 29th July is celebrated as Mohun Bagan Day every year.
- Mohun Bagan Athletic Club, commonly known as Mohun Bagan, is a major Indian multi-sport club based in the Kolkata, India. Founded in 1889 as Mohun Bagan Sporting Club, the club’s football section is one of the oldest football clubs in India and Asia.
- ATK Mohun Bagan Football Club was established on 1 June 2020 as part of a merger between former ISL side ATK and I-League club Mohun Bagan.