Daily Current Affairs 15th June 2020: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 15th June 2020. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 15th June 2020. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 15th June 2020 Current affairs test.
1. Brand Ambassador of Bihar Khadi
- Actor Pankaj Tripathi has been appointed as the brand ambassador of Bihar Khadi.
- Governor of Bihar: Phagu Chauhan || Chief Minister: Nitish Kumar.
1. First female head of Human Spaceflight
- NASA’s Kathy Lueders has ascended to the position of the first female head of human spaceflight.
- She has been selected to lead @NASA’s Human Exploration & Operations Mission Directorate.
- NASA: Headquarters: Washington DC || Administered by: Jim Bridenstine
1. Internal Working Group (IWG) by RBI
- RBI’s Internal Working Group (IWG) has been constituted to review the extant guidelines on ownership and corporate structure for Indian private sector banks.
- The Internal Working Group will be headed by Dr. Prasanna Kumar Mohanty, Director, Central Board of RBI.
2. ePaisa with First Alliance Bank
- ePaisa has signed an MoU with First Alliance Bank in Zambia, Africa to provide mobile point of sale.
- ePaisa is enabling small and medium businesses (SME’s) to run their businesses more efficiently with same tools as the big businesses use thereby increasing profitability and efficiency for SME’s.
Science and Technology News
1. Ghar Ghar Nigrani App
- Punjab Government has launched Ghar Ghar Nigrani App to check the community spread of COVID-19.
- Chief Minister: Capt. Amarinder Singh || Governor: V.P. Singh Badnore.
1. India’s Ambassador to Philippines
- Shambhu S. Kumaran has been appointed as the Ambassador of India to Philippines.
- Philippines: Capital: Manila || Currency: Philippine Peso || President: Rodrigo Duterte
2. CEO of UTI Mutual Fund
- UTI Mutual Fund has appointed Imtaiyazur Rahman as its CEO.
- UTI Mutual Fund was carved out of the erstwhile Unit Trust of India as a Securities and Exchange Board of India registered mutual fund from 1 February 2003. The Unit Trust of India Act 1963 was repealed, paving way for the bifurcation of UTI into: Specified Undertaking of Unit Trust of India and UTI Mutual Fund.
1. Bollywood actor Sushant Singh Rajput passes away
- Bollywood actor Sushant Singh Rajput (34-years) committed suicide Bandra residence in Mumbai.
- He was noticed in the famous soap on Zee TV’s ‘Pavitra Rishta’ in 2009, for which he received a nomination for the Filmfare Award for Best Male Debut.
- Later starred in films such as PK (2014), sports biopic M.S. Dhoni: The Untold Story (2016), Kedarnath (2018) and Chhichhore (2019).
1. World Blood Donor Day
- Every year on 14 June, countries around the world celebrate World Blood Donor Day.
- The event was organised for the first time in 2005, by a joint initiative of World Health Organisation, the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies to raise awareness of the need for safe blood and blood products, and to thank blood donors for their voluntary, life-saving gifts of blood.
- Theme: ‘Safe Blood Saves Lives’.
2. World Wind Day
- Global Wind Day is a worldwide event that occurs annually on 15 June.
- It is organised by WindEurope and GWEC. It is a day when wind energy is celebrated, information is exchanged and adults and children find out about wind energy, its power and the possibilities it holds to change the world.