Daily Current Affairs 15th March 2023: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 15th March 2023. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 15th March 2023. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 15th March 2023 Current affairs test.
1. LCA Tejas undergoes successful flight test with indigenous PTO Shaft
- The Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) recently achieved a successful flight test of the indigenous Power Take Off (PTO) Shaft on the Light Combat Aircraft (LCA) Tejas’ Limited Series Production (LSP)-3 variant in Bengaluru.
- The PTO shaft, a pivotal element in the aircraft, was locally designed and fabricated by the Combat Vehicles Research & Development Establishment (CVRDE) located in Chennai.
- This development aims to cater to future fighter planes and their models, ensuring cost-effectiveness.
Banking & Finance
2. 18 foreign countries granted permission by RBI to trade in Indian rupee
- The Reserve Bank of India has given the green light to banks from 18 nations to initiate Vostro accounts for settling international trade transactions in rupees.
- This list comprises countries like Botswana, Fiji, Germany, Israel, Kenya, Mauritius, Russia, Singapore, and the UK, among others.
- This information was relayed in the Rajya Sabha by MoS Finance, Bhagwat Karad.
- The government had previously, in July 2022, announced its plans to introduce a mechanism facilitating international trade settlements in rupees.
3. World Consumer Rights Day 2023 marked on March 15 with focus on Clean Energy
- March 15 is recognized annually as World Consumer Rights Day, aiming to enlighten the public on consumer rights and emphasize their protection.
- For 2023, the theme is “Empowering Consumers Through Clean Energy Transitions”.
- The origination of this day dates back to March 15, 1983, taking inspiration from US President John F. Kennedy’s address to the US Congress on consumer rights on March 15, 1962.
4. Completion of the 13th edition of the Bold Kurukshetra exercise between India and Singapore
- The bilateral armor exercise between India and Singapore, dubbed “EX Bold Kurukshetra,” wrapped up its 13th iteration on March 13, 2023, at the Jodhpur Military Station in India.
- This ten-day joint training initiative, which kicked off on March 5, aimed to build a shared understanding of mechanized warfare amidst the backdrop of new-age threats and technological advancements.
- The exercise saw the participation of troops from Singapore’s 42nd Battalion, Singapore Armoured Regiment, and the Armoured Brigade from the Indian Army.