Daily Current Affairs 15th November 2023: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 15th November 2023. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 15th November 2023. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 15th November 2023 Current affairs test.
1. India’s Strategic Plan to Auction Critical Mineral Blocks
- The Indian government is preparing to auction 20 crucial mineral blocks, including lithium and graphite, in the next two weeks, advancing its energy transition goals.
- This initiative is part of India’s strategy to secure domestic resources for the green energy transition and enhance national security.
- India discovered its first lithium deposits in Jammu and Kashmir in February, with an estimated 5.9 million tonnes reserve.
- Recent amendments to mining regulations allow private companies to extract these vital minerals, with Jammu and Kashmir poised to auction its lithium reserves soon.
2. Prime Minister Modi’s Historic Visit to Jharkhand
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi is set to visit Ulihatu Village, the birthplace of freedom fighter Bhagwan Birsa Munda, marking the first such visit by a Prime Minister.
- Scheduled for November 15th, PM Modi will pay respects at Bhagwan Birsa Munda Memorial Park and Freedom Fighter Museum in Ranchi.
- The visit coincides with Janjatiya Gaurav Diwas, during which PM Modi will inaugurate the ‘Viksit Bharat Sankalp Yatra’ to ensure the reach of government schemes to beneficiaries.
3. Rajnath Singh to Attend ASEAN Defence Ministers’ Meeting in Jakarta
- Defence Minister Rajnath Singh will participate in the 10th ASEAN Defence Ministers’ MeetingPlus (ADMM Plus) in Jakarta from November 16th to 17th.
- The Ministry of Defence announced that Singh will hold bilateral talks with counterparts from other countries, focusing on defence cooperation aspects.
4. India Records Continued Deflation in Wholesale Price Index
- India has witnessed a continuous decline in its Wholesale Price Index (WPI), with a deflation rate of 0.52% in October, marking the seventh consecutive month of deflation.
- This consistent decrease in factory gate prices is attributed to a high base effect and price reductions in various sectors.
5. Sahara Group Founder Subrata Roy Dies at 75
- Subrata Roy, founder and chairman of the Sahara Group, passed away at 75 in Mumbai after a prolonged illness.
- Roy, who started Sahara India Pariwar in 1978, transformed it into a significant business empire.
6. Virat Kohli Surpasses Sachin Tendulkar’s ODI Century Record
- Virat Kohli, Indian cricket captain, has become the first player to score 50 centuries in One Day Internationals (ODI), surpassing Sachin Tendulkar’s record of 49 ODI centuries.
- This milestone establishes Kohli as the leading centurymaker in ODI cricket history.