Daily Current Affairs 16 April 2018: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 16 April 2018. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 16 April 2018. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 16 April 2018 Current affairs test.
1. Himachal Pradesh celebrates Foundation Day
- The state came in to existence in 1948 when 30 princely states merged.
- CM Jairam Thakur witnessed the parade at Ridge Maidan in Shimla.
2. West Bengal has lowest rate of crime against SC/ST
- Bihar reported the highest rate of crimes against SC/ST.
- MP is highest at 43.4% and Rajasthan is highest at 12.9% against SC and ST respectively.
3. Health centre under Ayushman Bharat Scheme
- PM Modi inaugurated the health centre in Bijapur.
- The 1st phase of Bastar Internet Scheme covering 40,000 km is also inaugurated.
4. Accused in 2007 Mecca blast acquitted
- They were acquitted due to lack of evidence.
- The bomb blast at the Mecca Masjid had killed 9 people and injured 58.
1. CHOGM 2018 begins in London
- The Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting will witness delegates from across 53 Commonwealth nations.
- The theme of the meeting is “Towards a Common Future”.
2. India signs 7 MoUs with Russia at DefExpo
- The MoUs were for manufacture, assemblies, subassemblies and spares.
- The DefExpo is being held at Chennai, Tamil Nadu.
3. Russian TV Channel asks citizens to be ready for WWIII
- Rossiya-24 has suggested a list of essential supplies and ways to protect the body from radiation.
- This comes amid ongoing tensions over missile strikes on Syria.
4. Ghana mosques to use WhatsApp for call
- Mosques and Churches have been asked to use WhatsApp for call to prayer over loudspeakers.
- This they believe, would help to curb noise pollution in places of worship.
1. BEL, L&T sign MoU
- This is to cater to the needs of emerging market it defense products and systems.
- The MoU intends to enhance exports in defense sector.
2. Wholesale inflation falls to 2.47%
- Inflation eased to 8-month low in March.
- Fuel and power inflation is at 4.7%.
3. Idea-Vodafone merger may result in layoffs
- Both employ about 21,000 people and are looking to cut costs and improve efficiency.
- The merger could result in a loss of 5000 jobs.
4. World Bank says India has recovered from GST
- The World Bank predicts that the economy will accelerate to 7.3% in 2018 and 7.5% in 2019.
- To maintain the employment rate, India has to create 8.1 million jobs per annum.
1. 7 yr old climbs Uhuru peak
- Samanyu Pothuraju of Hyderabad climbed the peak of Mt Kilimanjaro.
- It is the highest peak in Africa.
2. All Indian wrestlers won medals at CWG
- India had sent 12 wrestlers to Gold Coast to participate in CWG 2018.
- 5 bagged gold, 3 silver and the rest clinched bronze.
3. Australia tops CWG tally yet again
- Australia bagged 80 gold, 59 silver and 59 bronze.
- This is the 13th time for Australia to have topped the tally.
- Daily Current Affairs: April 1
- Daily Current Affairs: April 2
- Daily Current Affairs: April 3
- Daily Current Affairs: April 4
- Daily Current Affairs: April 5
- Daily Current Affairs: April 6
- Daily Current Affairs: April 7
- Daily Current Affairs: April 8
- Daily Current Affairs: April 9
- Daily Current Affairs: April 10
- Daily Current Affairs: April 11
- Daily Current Affairs: April 12
- Daily Current Affairs: April 13
- Daily Current Affairs: April 14
- Daily Current Affairs: April 15