Daily Current Affairs 16th April 2020: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 16th April 2020. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 16th April 2020. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 16th April 2020 Current affairs test.
1. #DekhoApnaDesh Webinar Series
- Ministry of Tourism has launched #DekhoApnaDesh Webinar Series with an aim to provide information on many destinations and culture & heritage of Incredible India.
- Minister of State (I/C) for Tourism: Prahalad Singh Patel.
2. Free Live session by National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS)
- National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS) will be organizing free live counselling sessions on free-to-air DTH channels for secondary and senior secondary levels.
- The National Institute of Open Schooling, formerly National Open School, is the board of education under the Union Government of India.
- Headquarters location: New Delhi || Founded: 3 November 1989 || Parent organization: Ministry of Human Resource Development || Chairman: Prof C B Sharma
3. First state to start ‘Pool Testing’ of Covid-19 samples
- Indian Council of Medical Research has given permission to Uttar Pradesh to start ‘Pool Testing’ of COVID-19 samples thus becoming the first state to start ‘Pool Testing’ of Covid-19 samples.
- Anandiben Patel is the current Governor of Uttar Pradesh.
1. President Moon Jae wins the election
- The ruling democratic party of South Korea President Moon Jae won the election taking 180 seats.
- South Korea, an East Asian nation on the southern half of the Korean Peninsula, shares one of the world’s most heavily militarized borders with North Korea.
- Capital: Seoul || President: Moon Jae-in || Currency: South Korean won
1. Government of India to buy up to 15% equity in MSMEs with high credit rating
- Rs 10000 crore ‘Fund of Funds’ will be approved by Indian Government to buy up to 15% equity in MSMEs with high credit rating that want to list on stock exchanges.
- The Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises, a branch of the Government of India, is the apex executive body for the formulation and administration of rules, regulations and laws relating to micro, small and medium enterprises in India.
2. Jigsaw Academy with IIM Indore
- Jigsaw Academy has collaborated with IIM-Indore to offer the ‘Integrated Program in Business Analytics’.
- The Indian Institute of Management Indore is an autonomous public business school located in Indore, Madhya Pradesh in India. Instituted in 1996, IIM Indore is the sixth addition to the Indian Institute of Management family of management schools.
Science and Technology News
1. COVSACK kiosk
- Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) has developed kiosk ‘COVSACK’ for COVID-19 sample collection.
- Chairman of DRDO: G Satheesh Reddy || Headquarters of DRDO: New Delhi.
2. Sahyog App
- The Survey of India has launched ‘Sahyog’ App to collect information about COVID-19 specific data sets through community engagement.
- The Survey of India is India’s central engineering agency in charge of mapping and surveying. Set up in 1767 to help consolidate the territories of the British East India Company, it is one of the oldest Engineering Departments of the Government of India.
- Headquarters: Dehradun || Founder: East India Company || Founded: 1767 || Survey and mapping agency executives: Lt. Gen. Girish Kumar, Surveyor General of India
1. MD & CEO of Care Ratings
- Ajay Mahajan has been appointed as Managing Director & Chief Executive Officer of CARE Ratings.
- CARE Ratings commenced operations in April 1993 and in over 25 years, it has established itself as the second-largest credit rating agency in India. With the rating volume of debt of around Rs. 128.37 lakh crores (as on March 31, 2019).
- Headquarters: Mumbai || Founded: 1993
1. World Voice Day
- World Voice Day is a worldwide annual event that takes place on April 16 devoted to the celebration of the phenomenon of voice.
- The aim is to demonstrate the enormous importance of the voice in the daily lives of all people.
1. M V Rajasekharan passes away
- former Union Minister and Veteran Congress Leader M V Rajasekharan has passed away at 91
- M.V. Rajasekharan was a politician from the Indian National Congress party and a member of the Legislative Council Karnataka in the upper house of the Government of Karnataka. He was also the Minister of State for Planning, Government of India.
1. Tour de France
- Cycle race tournament Tour de France has been postponed due to Coronavirus Pandemic.
- France: Capital: Paris || Currency: Euro, CFP Franc.