Daily Current Affairs 16 March 2020: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 16 March 2020. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 16 March 2020. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 16 March 2020 Current affairs test.
1. Pradhan Mantri YUVA (PM YUVA) Yojana
- The Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship (MSDE) is implementing a pilot scheme, Pradhan Mantri YUVA (PM YUVA) Yojana towards creating an enabling ecosystem through entrepreneurship education, training, advocacy and easy access to entrepreneurship network.
- MSDE in collaboration with GIZ, Germany has launched a pilot project called ‘Economic Empowerment of Women Entrepreneurs and Start-ups by Women’ to support aspiring and existing women entrepreneurs in India.
- The Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship is a Ministry of Government of India set up on 9 November 2014 to coordinate all skill development efforts across the country.
- Officeholder: Mahendra Nath Pandey
2. Dearness Allowance for Central Government Employee
- Government of India has approved a 4% hike in Dearness Allowance for central government employees and Dearness Relief to pensioners with effect from January 1, 2020.
- This will be applicable above the 17% (existing rate) of the Basic Pay/Pension.
1. Worlds first Dark Sky Nation
- Niue has become the world’s first whole country recognised as a ‘Dark Sky Place’ by the International Dark-Sky Association’s (IDA).
- Niue: Capital: Alofi || Currency: New Zealand dollar
2. CMS Ambassadors for Migratory Species
- Convention on Migratory Species has appointed New Wildlife Ambassadors representing species that Run, Fly and Swim.
- Convention on Migratory Species has appointed actor Randeep Hooda as its new wildlife ambassador species that swim.
3. Covid-19 Emergency Fund
- Indian Government is pledged $10 million toward a Covid-19 emergency fund under the South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation (SAARC) nations belt.
- The South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation is the regional intergovernmental organization and geopolitical union of states in South Asia. Its member states are Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, the Maldives, Nepal, Pakistan and Sri Lanka.
- Founded: 8 December 1985, Dhaka, Bangladesh || Headquarters: Kathmandu, Nepal
1. PhonePe With Swiggy
- PhonePe has integrated Swiggy on its Switch platform.
- Swiggy: Founders: Nandan Reddy; Sriharsha Majety; Rahul Jaimini || Headquarters: Bengaluru, India || CEO: Sriharsha Majety
- PhonePe: Parent organization: Flipkart || Founded: December 2015 || CEO: Sameer Nigam || Headquarters location: Bengaluru
2. New Brand Ambassador of iQOO Mobile
- Chinese smartphone brand iQOO has appointed Cricketer Virat Kohli as its new brand ambassador.
- BBK Electronics Corporation markets smartphones under the Realme, Oppo, Vivo and OnePlus brands.
- The latest member of the BBK Electronics group is “iQOO”.
1. NCLAT Chairman
- Justice (Retd) Bansi Lal Bhat has been appointed NCLAT officiating Chairperson.
- National Company Law Tribunal: Founded- 1 June 2016 || Headquarters- New Delhi
1. National Vaccination Day
- On 16 March every year, National Vaccination Day is observed in India which is also known as National Immunisation Day (IMD).
- It was first observed on 16 March, 1995 when the first dose of Oral Polio Vaccine was given.
1. Puthussery Ramachandran passes away
- Veteran Malayalam Poet and scholar Puthussery Ramachandran passed away.
- Puthussery Ramachandran Pillai was an Indian poet of the Malayalam language. He was a scholar of Dravidian linguistics and a professor of Malayalam for more than three decades.
Award, Rankings and Indexes
1. All India Survey on Higher Education (AISHE) 2018-19
- As per All India Survey on Higher Education (AISHE) 2018-19, Gross Enrolment Ratio for females in higher education is higher than the National Gross Enrolment Ratio.
- Females constitute 48.6% of the total enrolment in higher education.
- The Gross Enrolment Ratio (GER) for females in higher education at 26.4% is higher than the national GER of boys at 26.3%.
2. 2019 Chameli Devi Jain Award for Outstanding Women Mediapersons
- Rohini Mohan and Arfa Khanum Sherwani (The Wire) has won the Chameli Devi Jain Award for outstanding woman journalists.
- The Chameli Devi Jain Award for Outstanding Women Mediaperson is an Indian journalistic award named after Chameli Devi Jain, an Indian freedom fighter .
1. All England Open Badminton Championships
- The All England Open Badminton Championships is the world’s oldest badminton tournament, held annually in England. With the introduction of the BWF’s latest grading system, it was given Superseries status in 2007, upgraded to Superseries Premier status in 2011.
- Men’s Singles: Denmark’s Viktor Axelsen
- Women’s Singles: Chinese’s Taipei Tai Tzu-ying
2. ISL 2019-20
- Winner: ATK
- Runner-up: Chennaiyin FC
Try some Quiz Questions now: Current Affairs Quiz,16 March