Daily Current Affairs 16 April 2019: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 16 April 2019. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 16 April 2019. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 16 April 2019 Current affairs test.
1. Social Worker Sankurathri Chandrasekhar
- ‘Ashakiranam’ or ‘A Ray of Hope’ is the autobiography of noted social worker Sankurathri Chandrasekhar.
- Sankurathri Foundation’ was established in 1989 by Dr. Chandra Sekhar Sankurathri in memory of his wife Manjari, son Kiran and daughter Sarada, who died in the bombing of Air India Flight 182 off the coast of Ireland on 23 June 1985.
- The Foundations’ goals are to improve the quality of life of needy people in the rural and remote areas of Andhra Pradesh.
2. APJ Abdul Kalam Innovation Conclave
- The 4th Edition of APJ Abdul Kalam Innovation Conclave was held at Chandigarh University, Mohali.
- Dr. A K Singh (director at Life Sciences, DRDO) has been awarded Lifetime Achievement Award 2019.
- The Defence Research and Development Organisation is an agency of the Government of India, charged with the military’s research and development, headquartered in New Delhi, India.
3. EsselWorld Bird Park
- India’s first Foreign Interactive Bird Park was launched by EsselWorld Leisure Pvt in Mumbai.
- EsselWorld is an amusement park located in Gorai, Mumbai and established in 1989.
- The park is owned by EsselWorld Leisure Pvt. Ltd. (ELPL). EsselWorld along with its counterparts, Water Kingdom are stretched over 64 acres of land. Together, they are recognized as one of the largest Amusement And Water Park.
4. Post of Deputy Comptroller and Auditor General
- Cabinet has given its approval to create one post of Deputy Comptroller and Auditor General in the Office of the Comptroller and Auditor General of India.
- The post will be created under Coordination, Communication and Information System Division.
- The Comptroller and Auditor General of India is an authority, established by Article 148 of the Constitution of India, which audits all receipts and expenditure of the Government of India and the state governments, including those of bodies and authorities substantially financed by the government.
- Current CAG :- Rajiv Mehrishi
- The Comptroller and Auditor-General of India is appointed by the President of India following a recommendation by the Prime Minister.
1. World’s first Armed Amphibious Drone Boat
- The world’s first Armed Amphibious Drone Boat named ‘Marine Lizard’ was tested by China.
- It is guided by China’s BeiDou Navigation Satellite System.
2. Exercise AUSINDEX-19
- The Australian and Indian Navy have concluded a two-week long bilateral maritime exercise code-named AUSINDEX.
- Capital: Canberra || Currency: Australian dollar
- Scott John Morrison is an Australian politician serving as the 30th and current Prime Minister of Australia and leader of the Liberal Party since 24 August 2018.
3. World’s Longest Railway Station Name Title
- Chennai Central Railway Station officially called ‘Puratchi Thalaivar Dr. M.G. Ramachandran Central Railway Station’ has lost world’s longest railway station name title by a letter.
- ‘Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch’ in Wales is the world’s longest Railway Station name.
1. Central Marine Fisheries Research Institute with Indian Space Research Organisation
- Central Marine Fisheries Research Institute has signed a pact with ISRO to map, validate and protect smaller wetlands in coastal regions.
- The Central Marine Fisheries Research Institute is one of the largest marine fishery research institutes in India located in Kochi, India. It is an institute for the Indian Council of Agricultural Research.
- The Indian Space Research Organisation is the space agency of the Government of India headquartered in the city of Bengaluru.
2. Resilient Cities Asia-Pacific 2019 Congress
- The 4th edition of Resilient Cities Asia-Pacific 2019 Congress is being organised by International Council for Local Environmental Initiatives.
- It is hosted by South Delhi Municipal Corporation in New Delhi.
3. World’s Foremost Artificial Intelligence Summit
- UAE will host World’s Foremost Artificial Intelligence Summit at the Dubai World Trade Centre.
- Theme :- ‘AI Everything’.
- UAE Capital: Abu Dhabi || Currency: United Arab Emirates Dirham.
1. Chinese Grand Prix
- Mercedes’ British driver Lewis Hamilton has won Chinese Grand Prix.
- Lewis Carl Davidson Hamilton MBE is a British racing driver who races in Formula One for Mercedes-AMG Petronas Motorsport.
- A five-time Formula One World Champion, he is often considered the best driver of his generation and widely regarded as one of the greatest drivers in the history of the sport.
2. Boxing World Cup in Cologne
- Meena Kumari from India has clinched Gold medal in the 54 kg event at the Boxing World Cup in Cologne.
- Indian Boxing Federation is the Indian national governing body for Olympic boxing and is the India’s member organization of the International Amateur Boxing Association. It is headquartered in New Delhi.
- Indian Boxing Federation is also known as all India boxing association.
3. International Hockey Federation (FIH) Health and Safety Committee
- Bibhu Kalyan Nayak became the first Indian to be appointed Chair of International Hockey Federation (FIH) Health and Safety Committee
- FIH, is the international governing body of field hockey and indoor field hockey. Its headquarters are in Lausanne, Switzerland and the president is Narinder Batra.
- About :- President: Narinder Batra || Headquarters: Lausanne, Switzerland || CEO: Kelly Fairweather || Founded: 7 January 1924 || Motto: FairPlay Friendship Forever || Affiliation: International Olympic Committee
4. Paris Marathon
- The 43rd edition of the Paris Marathon was concluded.
- Men’s race winner :- Abrha Milaw (Ethiopia)
- Women’s race winner :- Gelete Burka (Ethiopia)
Try some Quiz Questions now: Current Affairs Quiz,16 April
- Daily Current Affairs: April 1
- Daily Current Affairs: April 2
- Daily Current Affairs: April 3
- Daily Current Affairs: April 4
- Daily Current Affairs: April 5
- Daily Current Affairs: April 6
- Daily Current Affairs: April 7
- Daily Current Affairs: April 8
- Daily Current Affairs: April 9
- Daily Current Affairs: April 10
- Daily Current Affairs: April 11
- Daily Current Affairs: April 12
- Daily Current Affairs: April 13
- Daily Current Affairs: April 14
- Daily Current Affairs: April 15
- Daily Current Affairs: April 16
- Daily Current Affairs: April 17
- Daily Current Affairs: April 18
- Daily Current Affairs: April 19
- Daily Current Affairs: April 20
- Daily Current Affairs: April 21
- Daily Current Affairs: April 22
- Daily Current Affairs: April 23
- Daily Current Affairs: April 24
- Daily Current Affairs: April 25
- Daily Current Affairs: April 26
- Daily Current Affairs: April 27
- Daily Current Affairs: April 28
- Daily Current Affairs: April 29
- Daily Current Affairs: April 30