Daily Current Affairs 16 August 2018: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 16 August 2018. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 16 August 2018. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 16 August 2018 Current affairs test.
1. Atal Bihari Vajpayee passes away due to serious health issue
- Former PM Atal Bihari Vajpayee has passed away at 93 in Delhi
- He was an Indian politician who served as the Prime Minister of India thrice, first for a term of 13 days in 1996, for a period of eleven months from 1998 to 1999, and then for a full term from 1999 to 2004.
2. Brand Ambassador for Road Safety Campaigns
- Akshay Kumar has appointed as Brand Ambassador For Road Safety Campaigns
- Road Transport and Highways Ministry has launched three short films featuring Akshay Kumar for public awareness towards road safety.
3. Kotak Wealth Hurun-Leading Wealthy Women 2018 list
- Smitha V. Crishna ranked first in the Wealthy Women 2018 list (37,570 crore) She is a third-generation heir of the Godrej family.
- Roshni Nadar(CEO HCL Enterprise) ranked second in the list
4. 3 mobile apps launched by CJI Deepak Misra
- These apps will be used for e-filing of cases.
- e-courts services: This app is for e-filing along with user manual.
- E-pay : This enables user to make digital payments.
- NSTEP (National Service and Tracking of Electronic Processes):Any service of judicial notices.
1. Understand India
- India is planning to launch an ‘Understanding India’ programme in China.
- This programme will be in collabraation with Indian Council of Cultural Relations.
2. International Year of Millets
- Agriculture and Farmers’ Welfare Minister,Radha Mohan Singh wrote to the DG of Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) and proposed the declaration of an upcoming year as ‘International Year of Millets’.
- Government has been actively promoting millets and has raised its MSP by more than 50% of production cost
3. World Congress of Philosophy
- The 24th World Congress of Philosophy (WCP) was held in Beijing
- Theme of 24th WCP 2018 is ‘Learning To Be Human’.
4. MEA appoints new Ambassador of India to Russia
- D Bala Venkatesh Varma has been appointed as the Ambassador to Russia.
- Varma’s appointment comes at a time when India and Russia are ramping up strategic cooperation, particularly after the “informal” May 21 summit betweenNarendra Modi and Vladimir Putin.
1. UPI 2.0
- An upgraded version of the Unified Payments Interface (UPI), UPI 2.0, was launched by NPCI
- Features are:
- Linking of overdraft account
- Customers can pre-authorise a transaction and pay at a later date.
- Invoice in the inbox
- Signed intent and QR Facility
2. WINGS Service
- BSNL has launched BSNL WINGS Services.
- It is a VOIP based services and also there is no sim cards in it.
3. FICCI’s GDP prediction
- According to FICCI,The Indian economy is expected to grow at 7.4% in 2018-19
- The Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry is an association of business organisations in India.
4. Bharti Axa Ties Up With Airtel Payments Bank
- Both have entered to an alliance to provide ‘Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana’ (PMJJBY).
- Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana is a government-backed Life insurance scheme in India. It was originally mentioned in the 2015 Budget speech by Finance Minister Arun Jaitley in February 2015.
1. Ajit Wadekar passes away
- Former India cricket captain Ajit Wadekar has passed away at 77.
- He was an Indian international cricketer who played for the Indian national team between 1966 and 1974.
2. UEFA Super Cup
- Real Madrid lost 2-4 to rivals Atlético Madrid in UEFA Super Cup.
- UEFA Super Cup is an annual football match contested between the current Champions League and Europa League champions.
3. La-Liga Rights
- Facebook has won the rights to show La-Liga in the Indian subcontinent.
- Previously it was held by Sony.
- Daily Current Affairs: August 1
- Daily Current Affairs: August 2
- Daily Current Affairs: August 3
- Daily Current Affairs: August 4
- Daily Current Affairs: August 5
- Daily Current Affairs: August 6
- Daily Current Affairs: August 7
- Daily Current Affairs: August 8
- Daily Current Affairs: August 9
- Daily Current Affairs: August 10
- Daily Current Affairs: August 11
- Daily Current Affairs: August 12
- Daily Current Affairs: August 13
- Daily Current Affairs: August 14
- Daily Current Affairs: August 15