Daily Current Affairs 16 December 2017: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 16 December 2017. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 16 December 2017. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 16 December 2017 Current affairs test.
1. Mizoram hydropower project inaugurated 19 yrs post clearance
- PM Modi inaugurated the Tuirial Hydropower Project in Mizoram.
- The project was inaugurated by former PM Vajpayee in 1998.
2. BJP got Rs.80,000 crore donation in last 5 months : Anna Hazare
- He cited a Forbes magazine article and said India has topped the list of corrupt countries in Asia under NDA rule.
- He further added that it’s the time to speak against them.
3. Rahul Gandhi officially takes charge as Congress President
- He replaced his mother Sonia Gandhi who was on the post for 19 years.
- He is the 6th member of the Nehru-Gandhi family to take charge as the President of the party.
4.Income Inequality Highest in India Since 1980s
- Deregulation and opening-up reforms in India since 1980s have led to substantial increase in inequality so much that top 0.1% of earners has continued to capture more growth than all those in the bottom 50% combined, said the World Inequality Lab in its World Inequality Report 2018.
- Top 0.1% of earners has continued to capture more growth than all those in the bottom 50% combined,” the report said.
1. UN condemns Iraq’s execution of 38 ISIS, al-Qaeda terrorists
- The UN called for an immediate halt to the mass execution of prisoners in the country.
- UN envoy Elizabeth Throssel said that the executions raised the prospect of irreversible miscarriages of justice and violations of rights.
2. China unveils satellite network plan for South China Sea
- The East Asian country plans to launch 10 satellites into space over the next 3 years to maintain non-stop surveillance on the disputed waterway.
- China said the program would provide scientific support for its One Belt One Road initiative and emergency response efforts at sea.
3.Bangladesh marks 1971 war victory, honours Indian soldiers
- Bangladesh honoured 27 Indian war veterans today as it celebrated ‘Victory Day’ marking its emergence as an independent nation following the 1971 Liberation War against Pakistan
- Notably, India also celebrates this day as Vijay Diwas every year on 16 December, as it marks its military victory over Pakistan in 1971 during the Indo-Pakistani War of 1971, in alliance with Bangladesh Mukti Bahini.
4.Saudi Arabian women will also be allowed to drive motorcycle, trucks
- Saudi Arabian women will be able to drive trucks and motorcycles, officials have said three months after the kingdom announced a historic decision to end a ban on women driving.
- In September, King Salman issued a decree saying women will be able to drive from next June as part of an ambitious reform push in the conservative kingdom of Saudi Arabia
1. Japanese company to start paying employees in Bitcoin
- GMO Internet Group will pay up to $890 monthly by Bitcoin to its employees in Japan.
- Employees will also get an additional 10% of salary they choose to receive in Bitcoin as an incentive.
2.India’s trade deficit narrows to $13.83 billion in November
- The trade deficit widens on an annual basis as compared to $13.40 bn in the year-ago period.
- Goods imports increased to $40.02 billion, a gain of 19.61% from a year ago.
3.Sovereign Gold Bond Scheme 2017-18
- Government of India, in consultation with the Reserve Bank of India, has decided to issue Sovereign Gold Bonds 2017-18 – Series-III. Applications for the bond will be accepted from October 09, 2017 to December 27, 2017.
- The Bonds will be sold through banks, Stock Holding Corporation of India Limited (SHCIL), designated post offices and recognised stock exchanges viz., National Stock Exchange of India Limited and Bombay Stock Exchange.
4.J&K Bank launches ‘Sahafat finance scheme’ for journalists
- Jammu and Kashmir Bank on Thursday launched a “J&K Sahafat Finance Scheme” for journalists, editors, employees of newspapers, and media houses.
- The scheme which will give a maximum amount of Rs three lakh would help journalists to buy equipments without any delay and additional charges.
1. IPL style Jallikattu to be held in Chennai
- Chennai will host Jallikattu Premier League on Jan 7th .
- Around 500 participants from 17 districts of Tamil Nadu are expected at the event while bulls belonging to MPs and MLAs will be used.
2. Smith beat Sachin to become 3rd quickest to 22 Test tons
- He achieved the feat in the third Ashes Test(108th innings) against England in Perth.
- He is behind Don Bradman(58th) and Sunil Gavaskar(101st).
3.Michael Jordan named world’s highest-paid athlete ever
- Jordan has another accolade to add to his career as he was recently named the world’s highest-paid athlete of all time by Forbes with $1.7 billion in the bank.
- Former world number one golfer Tiger Woods is standing at the second spot. Late America golfer Arnold Palmer is at No.3 with incredible $1.4 billion to his name.
- Daily Current Affairs: December 1
- Daily Current Affairs: December 2
- Daily Current Affairs: December 3
- Daily Current Affairs: December 4
- Daily Current Affairs: December 5
- Daily Current Affairs: December 6
- Daily Current Affairs: December 7
- Daily Current Affairs: December 8
- Daily Current Affairs: December 9
- Daily Current Affairs: December 10
- Daily Current Affairs: December 11
- Daily Current Affairs: December 12
- Daily Current Affairs: December 13
- Daily Current Affairs: December 14
- Daily Current Affairs: December 15