Daily Current Affairs 16 December 2018: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 16 December 2018. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 16 December 2018. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 16 December 2018 Current affairs test.
1. New Secretary of NCST
- Ashok Kumar Singh has assumed charge as Secretary of National Commission for Scheduled Tribes (NCST).
- Website: ncst.nic.in || Formed: 19 February 2004 || Objectives: Protection, welfare and development & advancement of the Scheduled Tribes || Jurisdiction: Government of India || Headquarters: New Delhi || First executive: Kunwar Singh Tekam
2. ECO Niwas Samhita 2018
- ECO Niwas Samhita 2018 is an Energy Conservation Building Code for Residential Buildings which was recently launched by Power Ministry.
- The aim is to promote energy efficiency in design and construction of homes, apartments and townships.
3. Operation Oliva
- Indian Coast Guard has launched ‘Operation Oliva’ for Olive Ridley Turtles in Gahirmatha Marine Sanctuary and Rushikulya Beach, Odisha.
- The aim is to ensure the safe breeding of Olive Ridley sea turtles.
- The olive ridley sea turtle, also known as the Pacific ridley sea turtle, are the smallest and most abundant of all sea turtles found in the world; this species of sea turtle is found in warm and tropical waters, primarily in the Pacific and Indian Oceans.
4. Vijay Diwas
- Victory Day is commemorated every 16 December in India, as it marks its military victory over Pakistan in 1971 during the war for the independence of Bangladesh from Pakistan.
- The end of the war also resulted in the unilateral and unconditional surrender of the Pakistan Army and subsequent secession of East Pakistan into Bangladesh. The chief of the Pakistani forces, General Amir Abdullah Khan Niazi, along with 93,000 troops, surrendered to the allied forces consists of Indian Army and Mukti Bahini.
1. Nepal to ban Indian currency above Rs 100
- Nepal Govt. has banned New Indian note of Rs 2,000, Rs 500 and Rs 200 denominations.
- Nepal government has not yet legalised them in the market.
2. India’s Ambassador to the Republic of Guinea
- TC Barupal has been appointed as next Ambassador of India to the Republic of Guinea.
- Guinea:- Capital: Conakry || Currency: Guinean franc.
3. Nancy Wilson passes away
- Jazz Singer Nancy Wilson has passed away at 81.
- She was an American singer and three times Grammy award winner whose career spanned over five decades, from the mid–1950s until her retirement in the early–2010s. She was notable for her single ” How Glad I Am” and her version of the standard “Guess Who I Saw Today”.
4. International Tea Day
- International Tea Day was observed on December 15.
- International Tea Day is observed annually on December 15. It has been celebrated since 2005 in tea producing countries like Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Nepal, Vietnam, Indonesia, Kenya, Malawi, Malaysia, Uganda, India and Tanzania.
- The first International Tea Day was celebrated in New Delhi on 15th December 2005.
1. Panel to select MDs of PSU Insurance Companies
- Govt. has constituted a seven-member panel to select MDs of PSU Insurance Companies.
- It is headed by chairman of ‘Banks Board Bureau’:- BP Sharma.
2. Oxytocin Drug
- The Delhi High Court set aside Govt’s decision to ban private firms from producing and selling oxytocin.
- Oxytocin is misused in the dairy industry where livestock is injected with Oxytocin to make them release milk at a time convenient and is also used to increase the size of vegetables such as pumpkins, watermelons, gourds, and cucumbers.
3. Chairman of Star and Disney India
- Walt Disney has appointed Uday Shankar as Chairman of Star and Disney India.
- He also has been appointed as the President of The Walt Disney Company Asia Pacific.
- The Walt Disney Company, commonly known as Walt Disney or simply Disney, is an American diversified multinational mass media and entertainment conglomerate headquartered at the Walt Disney Studios in Burbank, California.
4. GSAT-7A on GSLV-F11
- ISRO will be launching its latest communication satellite ‘GSAT-7A’ on Geosynchronous Satellite Launch Vehicle (GSLV-F11) on December 19.
- The Indian Space Research Organisation is the space agency of the Government of India headquartered in the city of Bengaluru. Its vision is to “harness space technology for national development while pursuing space science research and planetary exploration.”
1. Marathon ‘Soldierathon’
- Marathon ‘Soldierathon’ was flagged off on the occasion of Vijay Diwas by Sports Minister Col Rajyavardhan Rathore at Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium, New Delhi.
- Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium is the national stadium of India, located in Delhi. It is a 60,000 seat stadium, designed and constructed to meet the international standards for stadiums set by FIFA, AFC and International Association of Athletics Federations (IAAF). In terms of seating capacity, it is the fourth largest stadium in India.
2. BWF World Tour
- Men’s Singles :- Shi Yuqi(China).
- Women’s Singles :- PV Sindhu(India).
3. 2018 ITF world champions
- International Tennis Federation has declared that in Men’s Singles Category Novak Djokovic (Serbia) and in women’s Singles Category Simona Halep(Romania) as the 2018 ITF World Champions.
- International Tennis Federation(ITF): President: David Haggerty || HeadQuarter: London, United Kingdom
- Daily Current Affairs: December 1
- Daily Current Affairs: December 2
- Daily Current Affairs: December 3
- Daily Current Affairs: December 4
- Daily Current Affairs: December 5
- Daily Current Affairs: December 6
- Daily Current Affairs: December 7
- Daily Current Affairs: December 8
- Daily Current Affairs: December 9
- Daily Current Affairs: December 10
- Daily Current Affairs: December 11
- Daily Current Affairs: December 12
- Daily Current Affairs: December 13
- Daily Current Affairs: December 14
- Daily Current Affairs: December 15