Daily Current Affairs 16 July 2018: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 16 July 2018. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 16 July 2018. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 16 July 2018 Current affairs test.
1. Conference of Heads of AYUSH National Institutes
- All India Institute of Ayurveda (AIIA) under Ministry of AYUSH is organising two days Conference of Heads of AYUSH National Institutes on 17th and 18th July 2018 at India International Centre, New Delhi.
- The conference will be graced by Minister of Human Resource Development Prakash Javadekar and Minister of State (Independent Charge) for AYUSH Shripad Yesso Naik.
2. 90th Foundation Day of Indian Council of Agricultural Research
- Union Minister of Agriculture and Farmers’ Welfare Shri Radha Mohan Singh addresses 90th Foundation Day ceremony of Indian Council of Agricultural Research.
- ICAR is playing a vital role in fulfilling the government vision of doubling farmers’ income by 2022.ICAR has established the Indian Agricultural Research Institute (IARI), Assam and IARI, Jharkhand on the lines of India’s leading agricultural research institute IARI, Pusa.
3. British Indian of the Year
- Ishwar Sharma has been named the “British Indian of the Year” who is the under-11 UK national yoga champion .
- He also won Gold Medal at the World Student Games 2018 held in Winnipeg, Canada, in June 2018.
4. Bansagar canal project
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi recently inaugurated the Bansagar canal project in Mirzapur in Uttar Pradesh.
- Bansagar Dam project is a joint venture between Madhya Pradesh, Uttar Pradesh and Bihar. Bansagar Dam is a multipurpose river Valley Project on Sone River situated in the Ganges Basin in Madhya Pradesh.
1. Chief of the Naval Staff, Nigerian Navy visiting India
- Ibok-Ete Ekwe Ibas, Chief of the Naval Staff, Nigerian Navy will be visiting India from 16 to 19 July 2018 along with a four member Nigerian Navy delegation.
- During his visit, the Chief of the Naval Staff of the Nigerian Navy will hold bilateral discussions with Admiral Sunil Lanba, Chief of the Naval Staff and other senior officials of the Indian Navy.
2. OFC communication link between China and Pakistan inaugurated
- The 1st-ever land-based communication link between China and Pakistan.
- The Pakistan-China Optical Fibre Cable project includes an 820-kilometre underground cable that starts from Pakistan’s Rawalpindi and ends at Khunjerab bordering China.
3. India’s first hypercar ‘Shul’
- Vazirani Automotive has unveiled India’s first turbine-electric hyper car called ‘Vazirani Shul’.
- This car is propelled by four separate electric motors located beside every wheel, hence enabling torque vectoring and has a regenerative braking technology for power saving.
1. IFFCO iMandi
- IFFCO (Indian Farmers Fertiliser Cooperative Limited) iMandi is an e-commerce platform launched by IFFCO to address all needs of the farming community associated with it.
- IFFCO has partnered with Singapore-based technology firm iMandi.
2. Haryana is the top state in per capita revenue collection under GST
- Haryana has widened the tax base by 82.22 per cent.
- Haryana is also the fourth highest generator of e-way bills in the country.
3. JIO Institute Chancellor
- Eminent scientist Raghunath A Mashelkar as the Chancellor of JIO Institute Pune.
- Dipak C Jain, former director of Sasin Graduate Institute of Business Administration in Bangkok, will serve as the Vice-Chancellor of the Institute.
1. Wimbledon Grand Slam Updates
- Angelique Kerber defeated seven-time champion Serena Williams in the women’s singles final to clinch her first-ever Wimbledon title.
- Djokovic won his 13th major Wimbledon Grand Slam by beating South African Kevin Anderson in straight sets.
2. P V Sindhu as runner-up of Thailand Open
- Sindhu lost the match 15-21, 18-21 against the world number eight Nozomi Okuhara of Japan.
- Kanta Tsuneyama of Japan won the men’s singles title against Tommy Sugiarto of Indonesia.
3. An interim coach of Indian women’s team
- Former Indian cricketer Ramesh Powar has been named as the interim coach of the Indian women’s cricket team.
- This comes after Coach Tushar Arothe resigned from the post with less than four months left for the Women’s World T20 tournament.
Try some Quiz Questions now: Current Affairs Quiz,16 July
- Daily Current Affairs: July 1
- Daily Current Affairs: July 2
- Daily Current Affairs: July 3
- Daily Current Affairs: July 4
- Daily Current Affairs: July 5
- Daily Current Affairs: July 6
- Daily Current Affairs: July 7
- Daily Current Affairs: July 8
- Daily Current Affairs: July 9
- Daily Current Affairs: July 10
- Daily Current Affairs: July 11
- Daily Current Affairs: July 12
- Daily Current Affairs: July 13
- Daily Current Affairs: July 14
- Daily Current Affairs: July 15