Daily Current Affairs 16 June 2017: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This article, Daily Current Affairs 16 June 2017, includes all Major National, International, Business, and Sports events. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through this article, that is, Daily Current Affairs 16 June 2017, we would recommend to you to try 16 June 2017 Current affairs test.
1. Free Education for Transgender Students
- Tamil Nadu Government has announced free education for the transgender community in the Manonmaniam Sundaranar University in Tirunelveli.
- One seat in every course of all the colleges affiliated to the university has been reserved for the transgenders.
- Manonmaniam Sundaranar University is the first in India to offer free education to the transgenders.
- Meritorious students will also get a stipend of Rs 3,000 per month under this scheme.
2. Health Ministry launches Intensified Diarrhoea Control Fortnight.
- In order to intensify efforts to reduce child deaths due to diarrhoea Ministry of Health and Family Welfare has launched the Intensified Diarrhea Control Fortnight.
- It aims to create awareness about the most effective diarrhoea treatment- combination of Oral Rehydration Salt solution and Zinc tablets.
- Nearly 12 crore under 5-children will be covered during the program across the country.
- ASHA worker would undertake distribution of ORS packets to households with under-five children in her village.
- Minister of Health and Family welfare – Jagat Prakash Nadda
3. IIT-Kharagpur Develops Wearable Technology.
- A hybrid material based on silk protein called silk fibroin has been developed by Team of experts at the Indian Institute of Technology – Kharagpur.
- The material has the potential to spawn prototype textile-based smart electronic devices for soldiers and defence personnel.
- Flexibility, Stretchability, Biocompatibility and biodegradability are the main USP of this material.
- The material can store data and can detect light, both in the ultraviolet and visible wavelength range, thereby offering greater sensitivity and scope of detection.
4. PN Bhagwati passes away.
- Former Chief Justice of India of India Justice P.N.Bhagwati passed away.
- He introduced the concepts of PIL and absolute liability to the Indian judicial system.
- In 2007 Bhagwati was awarded the Padma Vibhushan in public affairs, India’s second highest civilian award.
- He was the 17th Chief Justice of India.
1. Japan passes anti-terror conspiracy law.
- Japan has passed a controversial bill allowing authorities to target terror conspiracies.
- The law is needed to improve security ahead of the 2020 Olympics, and to comply with a UN agreement.
- The bill has been revised several times over the years.
- The latest bill reduced the number of targeted crimes to over 270 offences and narrowed the definition of terrorist and criminal organisations.
- Critics argued that the current law still gives police and investigators too much leeway.
- The general public could be targeted on conspiracy charges via monitoring phone and online conversations once they are suspected of being a member of criminal group.
- Prime Minister of Japan – Shinzō Abe
2. India climbs six spots on Global Innovation Index.
- India continued to climb on the Global Innovation Index 2017, emerging as the highest ranked economy in Central and South Asia.
- India moved up six places to 60th among 130 nations.
- The report said that India’s rise has benefited many countries in the region.
- Switzerland, Sweden, Netherlands, US and Britain retained their top spots.
- China improved to the 22nd spot, from 25 last year.
1. Flipkart and EBay India Deal Gets CCI Approval.
- Flipkart’s proposed acquisition of eBay India has received approval from the Competition Commission.
- eBay will invest $500 million in Flipkart as the two firms will merge their operations in the country.
- Flipkart will continue to operate eBay.in as an independent entity.
- Earlier this year, Flipkart had raised $1.4 billion from Tencent Holdings, Microsoft and eBay.
- CEO of Flipkart – Kalyan Krishnamurthy
2. AIIB Grants 150 Million.
- $150 million equity investment loan has been granted to the India Infrastructure Fund by Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank.
- This is bank’s first such loan to fund private projects.
- Infrastructure Fund aims to invest in mid-cap infrastructure companies in India, and to expand the bank’s equity.
- Besides India, the bank has granted $114 million loan for the Georgia Batumi Bypass Road Project.
- Headquarter of AIIB – Beijing, China
1. Fastest to 8000 runs.
- Virat Kohli has became the fastest cricketer to score 8000 runs in ODIs.
- He reached the 8000-run mark in his 175th innings to go ahead of A B de Villiers who had taken 182 innings to reach to the milestone.
- Sourav Ganguly and Sachin Tendulkar are third and fourth in the list.
- Daily Current Affairs: June 1
- Daily Current Affairs: June 2
- Daily Current Affairs: June 3
- Daily Current Affairs: June 4
- Daily Current Affairs: June 5
- Daily Current Affairs: June 6
- Daily Current Affairs: June 7
- Daily Current Affairs: June 8
- Daily Current Affairs: June 9
- Daily Current Affairs: June 10
- Daily Current Affairs: June 11
- Daily Current Affairs: June 12
- Daily Current Affairs: June 13
- Daily Current Affairs: June 14
- Daily Current Affairs: June 15
- Daily Current Affairs: June 16
- Daily Current Affairs: June 17
- Daily Current Affairs: June 18
- Daily Current Affairs: June 19
- Daily Current Affairs: June 20
- Daily Current Affairs: June 21
- Daily Current Affairs: June 22
- Daily Current Affairs: June 23
- Daily Current Affairs: June 24
- Daily Current Affairs: June 25
- Daily Current Affairs: June 26
- Daily Current Affairs: June 27
- Daily Current Affairs: June 28
- Daily Current Affairs: June 29
- Daily Current Affairs: June 30