Daily Current Affairs 16 March 2018: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 16 March 2018. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 16 March 2018. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 16 March 2018 Current affairs test.
1.Andhra Pradesh ranked 51st in Global Multidimensional Poverty Index.
- According to a recent household survey conducted in a state, Andhra Pradesh stands at equivalent to 51st rank globally in Multidimensional Poverty Index. It is the first Indian state to conduct such survey at state and district level.
- The study was conducted by Vision Management Unit, Planning Department, GoAP in collaboration with Oxford Poverty and Human Development Initiative(OPHI), University of Oxford, UK.
2.Annual Krishi Unnati Mela begins in New Delhi.
- The three-day annual Krishi Unnati Mela has begun in New Delhi with a focus on doubling farmers’ income.
- The objective of the event is to create awareness among farmers about the latest agriculture-related technological developments.
3.105th Indian Science Congress inaugurated in Imphal.
- PM Narendra Modi has inaugurated the 105th Indian Science Congress in Imphal, Manipur. The theme for this year is ‘reaching the unreached through science and technology’.
- The 104th Indian Science Congress was held in Andhra Pradesh.
4.Lok Sabha adjourned, no-confidence motion not considered.
- Lok Sabha Speaker Sumitra Mahajan refused to consider the no-confidence motion moved against the BJP-led NDA government by TDP and YSR Congress, stating that the House was not in order.
- After the Lok Sabha was adjourned, TDP requested the Speaker to consider the motion.
1.WHO member countries commit to end TB by 2030.
- Member-countries of the World Health Organisation(WHO) South-East Asia Region, including India, committed to intensifying efforts to eradicate tuberculosis by 2030.
- The summit sets the stage for the September 2018 United Nations high-level meeting on TB, wherein the issue will be discussed at the Heads of the State level.
2.Oklahoma, 1st US state to use Nitrogen gas for executions.
- Oklahoma plans to start using nitrogen gas for executions, in what would be the first such method of capital punishment in the United States.
- The state is turning to nitrogen after it and other states became unable to acquire drugs required for lethal injections because of opposition from manufacturers to their products being used for capital punishment.
3.N Korea is testing nuclear reactor as suggested by satellite images.
- Satellite images reportedly suggest that N Korea has begun a preliminary testing of one of its nuclear reactors at the Yongbyon research facility.
- Earlier this month, N Korea offered to denuclearize itself for security against US military threats.
4.White House Penalises Russians over Election Meddling and Cyberattacks
- The Trump administration imposed sanctions on a series of Russian organizations and individuals on Thursday in retaliation for interference in the 2016 presidential election and other “malicious cyberattacks,” its most significant action against Moscow since President Trump took office.
- The sanctions came as the United States joinedwith Britain, France and Germany in denouncing Russia for its apparent role in a nerve-gas attackon a former Russian spy and his daughter on British soil
1.India’s exports in February up 4.5% to $25.8 billion.
- As per the announcement made by the Commerce Secretary Rita Teaotia, India’s exports grew by 4.5% in February 2018 to 25.8 billion dollars.
- Imports also rose by 10.4% to $37.8 billion during the last month.
2.SoftBank group leads fresh ₹400 cr fund infusion into Grofers.
- Online grocery firm Grofers has raised ₹.400 crore in a fresh funding round led by the Japanese conglomerate SoftBank Group.
- The funding round also saw other investors, including Tiger Global and Apoletto Asia and the fund raised by the leading e-grocer stands at $226.5 million.
3.Air India made Rs.543 crore from asset monetization: Govt.
- The government has said, Air India has made Rs.543 crore so far from the monetization of its assets in locations like Mumbai and Chennai.
- Air India also collected Rs.291 crore as rent from its building in Mumbai, between 2012-13 and January 2018.
4.India’s trade deficit narrows to 12 billion dollars.
- The government data showed that India’s trade deficit narrowed to 12 billion dollars in February from 16.3 billion dollars in the previous month.
- The rise in imports was led by higher crude oil prices, the government added.
1.Tommy Haas announces his retirement from tennis
- Former world number two tennis player Tommy Haas officially announced his retirement from tennis, at the BNP Paribas Open in Indian Wells, ending a career that spanned more than two decades.
- The German, who turned professional in 1996, reached the Australian Open semi-finals three times as well as the last-four at Wimbledon in 2009
2.Deepa Malik, Asian Rank 1 in javelin F-53 category.
- Indian para-athlete Deepa Malik won a gold medal in the F-53/54 category javelin event at the World Athletics Grand Prix in Dubai and also became the Asian rank one in the F-53 category.
- She also qualified for the 2018 Asian Para Games in Indonesia, scheduled to be held in October.
Try some Quiz Questions now: Current Affairs Quiz,16 March
- Daily Current Affairs: March 1
- Daily Current Affairs: March 2
- Daily Current Affairs: March 3
- Daily Current Affairs: March 4
- Daily Current Affairs: March 5
- Daily Current Affairs: March 6
- Daily Current Affairs: March 7
- Daily Current Affairs: March 8
- Daily Current Affairs: March 9
- Daily Current Affairs: March 10
- Daily Current Affairs: March 11
- Daily Current Affairs: March 12
- Daily Current Affairs: March 13
- Daily Current Affairs: March 14
- Daily Current Affairs: March 15