Daily Current Affairs 16 March 2019: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 16 March 2019. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 16 March 2019. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 16 March 2019 Current affairs test.
1. Man-Portable Anti-Tank Guided Missile (MPATGM)
- DRDO has successfully tested fired a Man-Portable Anti-Tank Guided Missile (MPATGM) in Rajasthan.
- The Defence Research and Development Organisation is an agency of the Government of India, charged with the military’s research and development, headquartered in New Delhi, India.
2. TERI-Deakin Nano biotechnology Research Centre
- The Energy and Resources Institute (TERI) will set up an Industrial Incubation Facility TERI-Deakin Nano biotechnology Research Centre, in Odisha.
- The Energy and Resources Institute is a research institute in New Delhi that specializes in the fields of energy, environment and sustainable development. Established in 1974, it was formerly known as the Tata Energy Research Institute.
- Founder: Darbari S Seth || Founded: 1974 || Director General: Dr. Ajay Mathur || Director: Ajay Mathur || Subsidiary: ONGC Teri Biotech Limited
- Motto: We will work towards global sustainable development, creating innovative solutions for a better tomorrow
3. ‘Nari Shakti Puraskar’ award
- Kathak dancer Seema Mehta has been conferred the ‘Nari Shakti Puraskar’ award for her contribution towards women empowerment.
- She received the award from President Ram Nath Kovind at Rashtrapati Bhawan in New Delhi.
- Nari Shakti Puraskar, literally meaning “Woman Power Award”, is India’s highest civilian award for recognising the achievements and contributions of women.
4. DD Mahila Kisan Award
- Swati Shingade of Pune has bagged first prize of DD Mahila Kisan Award for 2018-19.
- Prasar Bharati Chairman A Surya Prakash has presented the award.
- Prasar Bharati is India’s largest public broadcasting agency. It is a statutory autonomous body set up by an Act of Parliament and comprises the Doordarshan Television Network and All India Radio, which were earlier media units of the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting.
1. World Consumer Rights Day
- The consumer movement marks 15th March with World Consumer Rights Day every year, as a means of raising global awareness about consumer rights.
- Theme :- “Trusted Smart Products”.
2. Exercise Indo-Pacific Endeavour 2019
- Australia will have the largest ever defence engagement with Sri Lanka as ‘Indo-Pacific Endeavour 2019’.
- Prime minister: Scott Morrison || Capital: Canberra || Currency: Australian dollar
3. Exercise AFINDEX-19
- AFINDEX-19 is a Joint Field Training Exercise between the Indian Army and 16 African nations.
- It will be held at Pune from 18th to 27th March 2019.
4. Nobel Peace Prize
- Greta Thunberg of Sweden has been nominated by Norwegian lawmakers for the Nobel Peace Prize.
- Greta Ernman Thunberg is a Swedish political activist seeking to stop global warming and climate change. In August 2018, she became a prominent figure for starting the first school strike for climate, outside the Swedish parliament building.
1. WEF’s Young Global Leaders 2019 List
- Six Indians are featured in WEF’s Young Global Leaders 2019 List.
- Andhra Pradesh IT minister Nara Lokesh
- BJP MP Poonam Mahajan
- Xiaomi India head Manu Kumar Jain
- Telangana government’s Chief Innovation Officer Phanindra Sama
- SaveLife Foundation’s Piyush Tewari
- Kaleidofin’s co-Founder Sucharita Mukherjee
- The World Economic Forum, based in Cologny-Geneva, Switzerland, was founded in 1971 as a not-for-profit organization. It gained formal status in January 2015 under the Swiss Host-State Act, confirming the role of the Forum as an International Institution for Public-Private Cooperation.
2. Doorstep Banking for senior citizens
- SBI has launched Doorstep Banking Service for senior citizens over 70.
- The State Bank of India is an Indian multinational, public sector banking and financial services statutory body. It is a government-owned statutory body headquartered in Mumbai, Maharashtra. The company is ranked 216th on the Fortune Global 500 list of the world’s biggest corporations as of 2017.
3. Foreign Investment Limit on Corporate Bonds
- SEBI has lifted the 20% limit on investments by Foreign Portfolio Investors in corporate bonds of an entity which was earlier imposed in June 2018.
- The Securities and Exchange Board of India is the regulator for the securities market in India. It was established in 1988 and given statutory powers on 30 January 1992 through the SEBI Act, 1992.
- Founded: 12 April 1992 || Sector: Securities market || Jurisdiction: India || Headquarters: Mumbai || Type: Statutory corporation || Chairperson: Ajay Tyagi
4. IDBI Bank as a Private Sector Lender
- RBI has re-categorised IDBI Bank as a Private Sector Lender after LIC India acquired a 51% stake in the bank.
- Headquarters: Mumbai || Founded: 1 July 1964 || Parent organization: Life Insurance Corporation || Subsidiaries: IDBI Capital Markets & Securities Ltd.
1. 2019 All England Open Badminton Championships
- The 2019 All England Open Badminton Championships was held in Arena Birmingham, England.
- Men’s Singles :- Kento MOMOTA (Japan) || Runner Up :- Viktor AXELSEN (Denmark)
- Women’s Singles :- CHEN Yufei (China) || Runner Up :- Tai Tzu-ying (Taiwan)
2. Special Olympics World Games 2019
- Special Olympics World Games 2019 have begun at Abu Dhabi in UAE.
- 200 nations at the Games. Of the 200 nations, 195 will compete in the Games and five will observe.
3. Kurt Angle announced retirement
- Five time WWE World Heavyweight champion Kurt Angle has announced his retirement.
- Kurt Steven Angle is an American professional wrestler, actor and former amateur wrestler currently signed to professional wrestling promotion WWE.
4. Gold Cup Hockey crown
- Indian Oil Hockey Team has retained their Bombay Gold Cup Hockey crown after defeating Punjab and Sind Bank in the final.
- Hockey is a sport in which two teams play against each other by trying to manoeuvre a ball or a puck into the opponent’s goal using a hockey stick. There are many types of hockey such as bandy, field hockey, and ice hockey.
- Daily Current Affairs: March 1
- Daily Current Affairs: March 2
- Daily Current Affairs: March 3
- Daily Current Affairs: March 4
- Daily Current Affairs: March 5
- Daily Current Affairs: March 6
- Daily Current Affairs: March 7
- Daily Current Affairs: March 8
- Daily Current Affairs: March 9
- Daily Current Affairs: March 10
- Daily Current Affairs: March 11
- Daily Current Affairs: March 12
- Daily Current Affairs: March 13
- Daily Current Affairs: March 14
- Daily Current Affairs: March 15
- Daily Current Affairs: March 16
- Daily Current Affairs: March 17
- Daily Current Affairs: March 18
- Daily Current Affairs: March 19
- Daily Current Affairs: March 20
- Daily Current Affairs: March 21
- Daily Current Affairs: March 22
- Daily Current Affairs: March 23
- Daily Current Affairs: March 24
- Daily Current Affairs: March 25
- Daily Current Affairs: March 26
- Daily Current Affairs: March 27
- Daily Current Affairs: March 28
- Daily Current Affairs: March 29
- Daily Current Affairs: March 30
- Daily Current Affairs: March 31