Daily Current Affairs 16 May 2018: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 16 May 2018. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 16 May 2018. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 16 May 2018 Current affairs test.
1. North Eastern Railways to introduce panic button
- The panic buttons are aimed at strengthening security of women passengers.
- In addition, NER will deploy women police personnel in suburban trains during night hours.
2. Admission process for Delhi University begins
- Candidates can apply to UG courses in all DU colleges through a centralised online form.
- The last date for submitting the forms is June 7.
3. Gujarat govt. given additional charge of MP
- Om Prakash Kohli was given additional charge of Madhya Pradesh.
- The state’s governor Anandiben Patel is on leave.
1. India among top ‘forced marriage’ nations
- The UK’s Forced Marriage Unit has revealed that it has dealt with 82 cases linked to India.
- Pak topped the list with 439 cases.
2. VK Singh visits N Korea
- In the first ministerial visit from India to North Korea in nearly 20 years, junior foreign minister VK Singh is in Pyongyang on a two-day official trip.
- Mr Singh “highlighted the threat from nuclear proliferation, in particular India’s concerns in the context of the proliferation linkages with India’s neighbourhood,” the foreign ministry said in a statement.
3. Kanepi adopts cannabis flag
- The local govt in the Estonian district of Kanepi has approved the usage of flag after an online poll.
- ”kanep” is the Estonian word for marijuana.
4. Guatemala opens embassy in Jerusalem
- It is the 2nd nation after US to open its embassy in Jerusalem.
- The opening ceremony was attended by Benjamin Netanyahu and Jimmy Morales.
1. Syndicate Bank posts its biggest loss
- The shares fell to a 9-yr low by 12.35%.
- This comes after the bank posted its biggest quarterly loss of Rs.2,195.12 cr.
2. Infosys sets up blockchain-based trade network
- It is formed with 7 private sector banks.
- The functions provided are bill collection, LoC and opening accounts for trade.
3. RCom shares sink 20%
- This comes after an insolvency plea filed by Sweden’s Ericsson was admitted by a bankruptcy tribunal.
- RCom will be liquidated if a repayment plan is not worked out in 270 days.
1. KKR defeat RR
- The team chased RR’s 142 to end their 3-match winning streak.
- KKR is 3rd on the table with 14 points.
2. Sreesanth’s request rejected by BCCI
- The BCCI rejected Sreesanth’s plea to play county cricket.
- He was banned in 2013 for IPL spot-fixing scam.
- Daily Current Affairs: May 1
- Daily Current Affairs: May 2
- Daily Current Affairs: May 3
- Daily Current Affairs: May 4
- Daily Current Affairs: May 5
- Daily Current Affairs: May 6
- Daily Current Affairs: May 7
- Daily Current Affairs: May 8
- Daily Current Affairs: May 9
- Daily Current Affairs: May 10
- Daily Current Affairs: May 11
- Daily Current Affairs: May 12
- Daily Current Affairs: May 13
- Daily Current Affairs: May 14
- Daily Current Affairs: May 15