Daily Current Affairs 16 November 2017: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 16 November 2017. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 16 November 2017. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 16 November 2017 Current affairs test.
1. Army plans 17 tunnels to counter Chinese presence along LAC
- Indian Army is planning to build the tunnels between Ladakh and Arunachal Pradesh to improve connectivity for rapid troop deployment.
- The govt is also planning a tunnel close to China border in Arunachal Pradesh
2. 22,000 private doctors go on a strike in Bengaluru
- They went on an indefinite strike to protest against Karnataka Private Medical Establishments Bill.
- The Bill prescribes fixed prices for treatments and makes doctors who charge excess fees, liable to punishment.
3. Delhi rated India’s most tourist-friendly destination
- The survey is conducted by the World Travel and Tourism Council India Initiative.
- Maharashtra and Goa were tied at the second spot.
1. Singapore stops all trade with North Korea
- The ones violating the prohibitions will be fined up to Rs.96 lakh or four times the value of the goods traded.
- Singapore is North Korea’s 7th largest trading partner.
2. US, Japan launch 10-day naval drill
- The drill aims at increasing the defensive readiness and interoperability of Japanese and American forces.
- The exercise involves 14,000 US servicemen, the aircraft carrier USS Ronald Reagan and 3 US guided missile destroyers.
3. UK doubles visas for ‘exceptional talent’ before Brexit
- The UK has doubled the number of visas available under Tier 1(Exceptional talent) route for individuals in technology, science, art and creative industries.
- The increase from 1000 to 2000visas per year is intended to ensure that highly skilled people who can enhance the economy can work in the country.
1. Put new MRP on goods with revised GST rates:Govt
- The manufacturers will have to put stickers of reduced MRP along with old MRP to pas s on the benefits of reduction in GST.
- This has to be done for 200 goods with revised GST rates.
2. Hui Ka Yen tops Forbes China Rich List for first time
- He has a fortune of $42.5 billion.
- He is followed by Tencent’s Ma Huateng and Alibaba’s Jack Ma.
3. 100 Indian firms invested $17.9 bn
- The companies have created over 1.13 lakh jobs in the US.
- New York received the maximum investment($1.57 bn) and maximum employement was generated in New Jersey.
1. Federer becomes top prize money earner in sports
- World number 2 Roger Federer took his prize money Rs.720 cr after beating Alexander Zverev in ATP finals.
- He has won 95 career titles including a men’s record 19 Grand Slam titles.
2. Saina and Prannoy crash out of China Open
- Saina lost to Akane Yamaguchi and Prannoy lost to Lee Cheuk Yiu in their respective pre-quarterfinals.
- PV Sindhu will face China’s Yue Han for a place in the quarters.
- Daily Current Affairs: November 1
- Daily Current Affairs: November 2
- Daily Current Affairs: November 3
- Daily Current Affairs: November 4
- Daily Current Affairs: November 5
- Daily Current Affairs: November 6
- Daily Current Affairs: November 7
- Daily Current Affairs: November 8
- Daily Current Affairs: November 9
- Daily Current Affairs: November 10
- Daily Current Affairs: November 11
- Daily Current Affairs: November 12
- Daily Current Affairs: November 13
- Daily Current Affairs: November 14
- Daily Current Affairs: November 15