Daily Current Affairs 16 November 2018: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 16 November 2018. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 16 November 2018. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 16 November 2018 Current affairs test.
1. Indian Start –up Ecosystem 2018 report
- Commerce Minister Suresh Prabhu has released the first State of Indian Start–up Ecosystem 2018 report in New Delhi.
- The report is compiled by Inc 42 which is an Indian information platform known for its coverage of the Indian start-up ecosystem.
2. Initiatives named LEAP and ARPIT
- HRD Ministry has launched two new initiatives named LEAP and ARPIT for higher education faculty.
- LEAP – Leadership for Academicians Programme.
- ARPIT – Annual Refresher Programme In Teaching.
3. Indian Social Work Congress
- The 6th Indian Social Work Congress had been concluded in New Delhi.
- Theme :- ‘Human Development and Social Inclusion: Imperatives for Social Work Education and Practice’.
4. Yuva Sahakar-Cooperative Enterprise Support and Innovation Scheme
- Agriculture and Farmers’ Welfare Minister Radha Mohan Singh has launched the ‘Yuva Sahakar-Cooperative Enterprise Support and Innovation Scheme’.
- This scheme is a part of National Cooperative Development Corporation (NCDC) and will be linked to Rs 1000 crore ‘Cooperative Start-up and Innovation Fund (CSIF)’ created by the NCDC itself.
1. India with United Kingdom
- Both have signed an MOU for collaboration in cancer research programme which will address issues of affordability, prevention and care.
- The cancer research programme of worth 10 million GBP has launched for the same.
2. World Energy Outlook Report
- International Energy Agency has released a report ‘World Energy Outlook’
- Acc. to report, India will overtake USA before 2030 and will become the world’s second-biggest emitter of carbon dioxide from the power sector.
- The International Energy Agency is a Paris-based autonomous intergovernmental organization established in the framework of the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development in 1974 in the wake of the 1973 oil crisis.
- Natural Gas might become world’s 2nd largest energy source by 2030
3. Sanctions Against Eritrea
- United Nations Security Council has unanimously lifted sanctions against Eritrea after nine years.
- Sanctions were An arms embargo, asset freeze, and travel ban from 2009.
- Eritrea Capital: Asmara, Continent: Africa, Currency: Eritrean nakfa.
4. World Philosophy Day
- World Philosophy Day is celebrated every year on the third Thursday of November so On Nov 15 It was observed.
- In 2005, UNESCO established World Philosophy Day.
1. First Interactive Credit Card in India
- ‘Nexxt Credit Card’ is The India’s First interactive Credit Card with buttons.
- It was launched by IndusInd Bank and Card has been created in partnership with Dynamics Inc. USA.
2. Infosys Prize 2018
- Infosys Science Foundation (ISF) has announced six winners of the Infosys Prize 2018.
- The Infosys Prize is an annual award given to scientists, researchers, engineers and social scientists of Indian Origin by the Infosys Science Foundation and ranks among the highest monetary awards in India to recognize research.
- Engineering and Computer Science : Navakanta Bha
- Humanities : Kavita Singh
- Life Sciences : Roop Mallik
- Mathematical Sciences : Nalini Anantharaman
- Physical Sciences : S K Satheesh
- Social Sciences : Sendhil Mullainathan
3. E-commerce portal of Indian Post
- India Post has made a soft announcement and launch of its e-commerce portal.
- India Post may utilise its parcel business network for this purpose.
1. AIFF with Odisha Govt.
- All India Football Federation and Odisha Govt. has signed an MOU at the Kalinga Stadium complex, Bhubaneswar.
- The MOU is for hosting National team camps while also becoming the home of the I-League side Indian Arrows Club Football.
2. Women’s World Boxing Championships
- The tenth edition of Women’s World Boxing Championships has begun in New Delhi.
- Boxer MC Mary Kom led the Indian Delegation.
3. World Kick Boxing Championship
- Aabid Hamid has won gold medal at the World Kick Boxing Championship in Argentina.
- Aabid Hamid, a 15-year-old Kashmiri student won gold medal in the 52kg category.
- Daily Current Affairs: November 1
- Daily Current Affairs: November 2
- Daily Current Affairs: November 3
- Daily Current Affairs: November 4
- Daily Current Affairs: November 5
- Daily Current Affairs: November 6
- Daily Current Affairs: November 7
- Daily Current Affairs: November 8
- Daily Current Affairs: November 9
- Daily Current Affairs: November 10
- Daily Current Affairs: November 11
- Daily Current Affairs: November 12
- Daily Current Affairs: November 13
- Daily Current Affairs: November 14
- Daily Current Affairs: November 15