Daily Current Affairs 16 November 2019: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 16 November 2019. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 16 November 2019. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 16 November 2019 Current affairs test.
1. National Press Day 2019
- National Press Day is celebrated every year on 16 November.
- The day marks the presence of an independent and responsible press in India.
- World Press Freedom Day: The United Nations General Assembly declared May 3 to be World Press Freedom Day or just World Press Day to raise awareness of the importance of freedom of the press and remind governments of their duty.
2. Chief Guest at Republic Day 2020
- Brazilian President Jair Bolsonaro will be the Chief Guest at Republic Day 2020.
- In 2019, South African President Cyril Ramaphosa was the Chief Guest at Republic Day.
3. Conference of Central and State Statistical Organizations (COCSSO)
- National Statistical Commission has inaugurated the 27th edition of Conference of Central and State Statistical Organizations (COCSSO) at Kolkata.
- Theme: ‘Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)’.
- The Government of India ordered setting up National Statistical Commission on 1 June 2005 on the recommendation of Rangarajan commission. The National Statistical Commission of India is an autonomous body which formed in July 2005. The NSC is headed by economists Prof TCA Anant and Dr.Radha Binod Burman.
- Website: mospi.nic.in || Formed: 1 June 2005 || Jurisdiction: Government of India || Headquarters: New Delhi || First executive: Suresh Tendulkar
4. Special officer for English-medium Education
- Andhra Pradesh Govt. has appointed IAS officer VetriSelvi as Special Officer for the project of introducing English as a medium of instruction.
- Governor: Biswabhusan Harichandan || Chief minister: YS Jaganmohan Reddy
5. Vashishtha Narayan Singh passes away
- Mathematician Vashishtha Narayan Singh has passed away.
- Vashishtha Narayan Singh was an Indian academic from Bihar. A child prodigy, he completed his PhD in 1969. He taught mathematics at various institute in 1960s and 1970s.
- Vashishtha Narayan Singh was in the US from 1965 to 1974 and worked on space theory at NASA.
1. Exercise Tiger Triumph
- India-USA joint tri-services Humanitarian Assistance and Disaster Relief exercise named ‘Tiger Triumph’ has started at Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh.
- The US is a country of 50 states covering a vast swath of North America, with Alaska in the northwest and Hawaii extending the nation’s presence into the Pacific Ocean.
- President: Donald Trump || Capital: Washington || Dialing code: +1 || Population: 32.72 crores (2018)
2. International Day for Tolerance
- International Day for Tolerance is observed on 16 November.
- The International Day for Tolerance is an annual observance day declared by UNESCO in 1995 to generate public awareness of the dangers of intolerance.
3. BRICS Young Scientist Forum
- India has received the first prize at BRICS Young Scientist Forum in Brazil.
- Ravi Prakash of India has bagged the first position for inventing an affordable indigenously designed milk chilling unit for dairy farmers.
- Ravi Prakash is a PhD scholar from Indian Council of Agricultural Research-National Dairy Research Institute
4. International Conference on Yoga
- Ministry of AYUSH has organised the International Conference on Yoga at Mysuru, Karnataka.
- Theme: ‘Yoga for Heart Care’.
1. BNP Paribas Mutual Fund with Bank of Baroda Mutual Fund
- Competition Commission of India has approved the merger of the BNP Paribas Mutual Fund and the Baroda Mutual Fund under the Competition Act, 2002.
- BNP Paribas S.A. is a French international banking group. It is the world’s 8th largest bank by total assets, and currently operates with a presence in 77 countries.
- Headquarters: Paris, France || CEO: Jean-Laurent Bonnafe
2. BRICS Trade Ministers Meet
- Commerce and Industry Minister Piyush Goyal had attended the 9th BRICS Trade Ministers Meet in Brasilia, Brazil.
- BRICS is the acronym coined for an association of five major emerging national economies: Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa. Originally the first four were grouped as “BRIC”, before the induction of South Africa in 2010.
- Founded: June 2006 || Formation: 2006 || Official language: English, Russian, Hindi, Chinese || State Leaders: Jair Bolsonaro; Vladimir Putin; Narendra Modi; Xi Jinping; Cyril Ramaphosa || Founders: Brazil, India, China, Russia
- New Development Bank: Headquarters: Shanghai || Membership: Brazil Russia India China South Africa || Official language: English || President: K.V. Kamath || Parent organization: BRICS
3. JetPrivilege rebrands to InterMiles
- Jet Privilege Pvt Ltd has rebranded itself from JetPrivilege to InterMiles seven months after the collapse of Jet Airways.
- Etihad Airways owns 50.1% stake in Jet Privilege, while Jet Airways holds the remaining.
- Jet Privilege Private Limited (JPPL), part of the Etihad Aviation Group, is an independent, loyalty and rewards Management Company formed in 2014.
1. 2019 World Para Athletics Championships
- The 2019 World Para Athletics Championships was concluded at Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
- The 2019 World Para Athletics Championships is an ongoing Paralympic track and field meet organized by the World Para Athletics subcommittee of the International Paralympic Committee.
- China has topped the Medal tally with 24 Gold, 21 Silver and 11 Bronze Medals.
- India (2 Gold || 2 Silver || 5 Bronze) is at 23rd position.
- Sandeep Chaudhary and Sumit created world records with their gold and silver medals respectively in the F64 javelin event.
- Javelin thrower Sundar Singh Gurjar has claimed the second gold for India.
2. FIFA’s new chief of Global Football Development
- Former Arsenal FC football manager Arsene Wenger has been appointed as a new chief of global football development by FIFA.
- Arsène Wenger is a French football manager and former player. He was the manager of Arsenal from 1996 to 2018, where he was the longest-serving and most successful in the club’s history.
- Daily Current Affairs: November 1
- Daily Current Affairs: November 2
- Daily Current Affairs: November 3
- Daily Current Affairs: November 4
- Daily Current Affairs: November 5
- Daily Current Affairs: November 6
- Daily Current Affairs: November 7
- Daily Current Affairs: November 8
- Daily Current Affairs: November 9
- Daily Current Affairs: November 10
- Daily Current Affairs: November 11
- Daily Current Affairs: November 12
- Daily Current Affairs: November 13
- Daily Current Affairs: November 14
- Daily Current Affairs: November 15
- Daily Current Affairs: November 16
- Daily Current Affairs: November 17
- Daily Current Affairs: November 18
- Daily Current Affairs: November 19
- Daily Current Affairs: November 20
- Daily Current Affairs: November 21
- Daily Current Affairs: November 22
- Daily Current Affairs: November 23
- Daily Current Affairs: November 24
- Daily Current Affairs: November 25
- Daily Current Affairs: November 26
- Daily Current Affairs: November 27
- Daily Current Affairs: November 28
- Daily Current Affairs: November 29
- Daily Current Affairs: November 30