Daily Current Affairs 16 October 2017: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 16 October 2017. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 16 October 2017. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 16October 2017 Current affairs test.
1.Defence Minister to commission INS Kiltan into Indian Navy in Visakhapatnam.
- Defence Minister Nirmala Sitharaman has commissioned an indigenously built anti-submarine warfare stealth corvette INS Kiltan into the Indian Navy.
- Kiltan is the latest indigenous warship after Shivalik class, Kolkata class and Sister ships.
2. Varun Dhawan youngest Indian actor to get statue at Tussauds.
- Actor Varun Dawan will get a wax statue at Madame Tussauds Hong Kong, making him the youngest Indian actor to have his statue at the museum.
- Madame Tussauds Hong Kong, part of the renowned chain of wax museums founded by Marie Tussaud of France.
3.The Coalition Years 1996-2012: Pranab Mukherjee’s Political Autobiography.
- Former Presdient Pranab Mukherjee has released the trhird part of his memoir’The Coalition Years: 1996-2012’.
- Mukherjee’s memoir is the third in the series. The other two are The Dramatic Decades: The Indira Gandhi Years and The Turbulent Years: 1980-1996.
1.16th October: World Food Day.
- Food and Agricultural Organisation celebrates World Food Day each year on 16 October to commemorate the founding of Organisation in 1945.
- Events are organized in over 150 countries across the world, making it one of the most celebrated days of the UN calendar.
2.Swaraj Paul honoured for contributions to Education, Manufacturing.
- Prominent NRI industrialist Lord Swraj Paul has been conferred with the Life Time Achievement Award here for his outstanding contributions in the fields of manufacturing industry, education and philanthropy.
- The 2nd British Asian Achievers Awards, organised by Jagatwani, a Hindi weekly.
3. Sebastian Kurz is about to become Europe’s youngest leader.
- Sebastian Kurz, the 31-year-old head of the right-leaning People’s Party of Austria and outgoing foreign minister, is set to become the world’s youngest leader after his party declared victory.
- Austria’s previous youngest chancellor was Kurt Schuschnigg, who was 36 when he took office in 1897.
1.My competition is cash, not Paytm or Apple: Mastercard CEO.
- Ajay Banga, the Presidnet and CEO of Mastercard, has sadi that his competition is cash and not other networks like Paytm and Apple.
- Adding that India is a huge marketplace, he said that more than 95% of retail payments in India is cash-based.
2.Sensex, Nifty close at all time high.
- The BSE sensex rose by 200.95 points to close at 32,633.64, while Nifty 50 rallied 63.4 points to close at 10,230.85.
- This surge comes after investor optimism climbed following IMF Chief Christine Lagarde’s comment that Indian economy is on solid track.
1.Kavita Devi first Indian woman wrestler to sign with WWE.
- Kavita Devi, a former weightlifter and South Asian Games Gold medalist, has become the first ever Indian woman to sign with the WWE.
- Kavita Devi hails from Haryana, she began her professional wrestling career last year under the guidance of former WWE champion The Great Khali.
2.Roger Federer wins Shanghai Masters title.
- Roger Federer defeated World No 1 Rafael Nadal by 6-4, 6-3 to win the Shanghai Masters and registered his fourth victory of the year over his Spanish rival.
- Earlier Roger Federer has also won a record eighth Wimbledon title.
3.Maria Sharapova wins Tianjin open.
- Five-time Grand Slam winner Maria Sharapopva was made to fight by 102nd ranked teenager Aryna Sabalenka at the Tianjin open before winning her first title since her 15 month doping ban.
- The former World No 1, who returned to action in April, came from behind in both sets and needed four championship points in the tie breaker.
Try some Quiz Questions now: Current Affairs Quiz,16 October
- Daily Current Affairs: October 1
- Daily Current Affairs: October 2
- Daily Current Affairs: October 3
- Daily Current Affairs: October 4
- Daily Current Affairs: October 5
- Daily Current Affairs: October 6
- Daily Current Affairs: October 7
- Daily Current Affairs: October 8
- Daily Current Affairs: October 9
- Daily Current Affairs: October 10
- Daily Current Affairs: October 11
- Daily Current Affairs: October 12
- Daily Current Affairs: October 13
- Daily Current Affairs: October 14
- Daily Current Affairs: October 15