Daily Current Affairs 16 October 2018: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 16 October 2018. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 16 October 2018. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 16 October 2018 Current affairs test.
1. Analytical Report of the National Health Profile 2018
- 12th edition of Analytical Report of the National Health Profile 2018 has been released by Ashwini Kumar Choubey.
- The report was prepared by the Central Bureau of Health Intelligence (CBHI).
2. ‘C-vigil’ app
- Election Commission of India has launched the ‘C-vigil’ app.
- ‘CVIGIL’ is ‘citizens’ vigil’.
- The aim is to check electoral malpractices during upcoming Assembly polls.
3. ‘Zero FIR’ by Railway Protection Force
- Railway Protection Force will be launching a facility in which passengers on board trains will be able to file a ‘zero FIR’ through an app.
- Zero FIR can be filed in any police station.
4. Rashtriya Mahila Kisan Diwas
- Rashtriya Mahila Kisan Diwas was celebrated on 15th of October.
- In 2016,The Agriculture Ministry had decided to observe 15th October as RMKD to recognise the contribution of women farmers.
1. World Food Day
- World Food Day is celebrated every year around the world on 16 October in honour of the date of the founding of the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations in 1945.
- The Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations is a specialized agency of the United Nations that leads international efforts to defeat hunger. Serving both developed and developing countries.
2. World Student’s Day
- 15th October is marked as the birthday of the 11th President of India APJ Abdul Kalam.
- In 2015 the United Nations declared 15 October as “World Students’ Day”.
3. Miss Holocaust Survivor 2018
- Tova Ringer has been crowned The ‘Miss Holocaust Survivor 2018’.
- She is a great-grandmother who was born in Poland and now lives in Haifa, was chosen out of 12 contestants at the 2018 installation of the annual Israeli event.
4. Trilateral cooperation between India, China and Afghanistan
- It is first India-China joint training programme to train Afghan diplomats.
- An understanding to launch a joint programme in Afghanistan was reached during an informal summit between Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Chinese President Xi Jinping held in April at China’s Wuhan city.
1. SRiX Agri-Business Academy
- SRiX Agri-Business Academy is India’s first agri and food business online learning platform and was launched at SR Innovation Exchange (SRiX) Campus, Warangal.
- It is an Indo-UK collaborative initiative.
2. Harley-Davidson’s New MD for India
- Sajeev Rajasekharan has been appointed MD of Harley-Davidson’s India operations.
- Harley-Davidson, Inc., or Harley, is an American motorcycle manufacturer, founded in Milwaukee, Wisconsin in 1903.
3. New DG of Council of Scientific and Industrial Research
- Dr. Shekhar Mande has been appointed as DG of Council of Scientific and Industrial Research and and Secretary of the Department of Scientific and Research.
- Council of Scientific & Industrial Research (CSIR), India, a premier national R&D organisation, is among the world’s largest publicly funded R&D organisation. CSIR’s pioneering sustained contribution to S&T human resource development is acclaimed nationally.
4. Hridaynath Award for lifetime achievement
- Khayyam was named for Hridaynath Award for lifetime achievement.
- Khayyam is an Indian music director and background score composer. He has won three Filmfare Awards for Best Music in 1977 for Kabhi Kabhie and 1982 for Umrao Jaan, and a lifetime achievement award in 2010.
5. Social Entrepreneur of the Year award 2018
- Prema Gopalan has won Social Entrepreneur of the Year award 2018.
- The award was founded by Schwab Foundation for Social Entrepreneurship and Jubilant Bhartia Foundation in 2010.
1. Shanghai Masters 2018
- Novak Djokovic (Serbian tennis player) won Shanghai Masters title.
- He defeated Borna Coric (Croatian tennis player).
2. Puttaiah Memorial Cup
- Bengaluru FC has won Puttaiah Memorial Cup after a 2-1 win over Madras Engineering Group.
- Bengaluru Football Club is an Indian professional football club based in Bengaluru, Karnataka. The club competes as a member of the Indian Super League, one of the top leagues of Indian football.
3. Santo Domingo Open trophy
- Leander Paes with partner Miguel Angel Reyyes-Varela won the Santo Domingo Open trophy.
- Miguel Ángel Reyes-Varela is a tennis player from Mexico. He has played multiple seasons of Davis Cup including the 2011 Mexican Davis Cup squad.
- Daily Current Affairs: October 1
- Daily Current Affairs: October 2
- Daily Current Affairs: October 3
- Daily Current Affairs: October 4
- Daily Current Affairs: October 5
- Daily Current Affairs: October 6
- Daily Current Affairs: October 7
- Daily Current Affairs: October 8
- Daily Current Affairs: October 9
- Daily Current Affairs: October 10
- Daily Current Affairs: October 11
- Daily Current Affairs: October 12
- Daily Current Affairs: October 13
- Daily Current Affairs: October 14
- Daily Current Affairs: October 15