Daily Current Affairs 16th 17th July 2020: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 16th 17th July 2020. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 16th 17th July 2020. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 16th 17th July 2020 Current affairs test.
1. Green Railway by 2030
- The Ministry of Railways will be transforming Indian Railways into Green Railways by 2030.
- Aim: Mitigation of global warming and combating climate change.
2. Poba Wildlife Sanctuary
- Poba Reserve Forest in Assam will be upgraded to Wildlife Sanctuary.
- Assam: Governor: Jagdish Mukhi || Chief Minister : Sarbananda Sonowal
3. India’s 1st Contact-less Airport Car Parking
- GMR Hyderabad International Airport has introduced India’s 1st Contact-less Airport Car Parking.
- Rajiv Gandhi International Airport is an international airport that serves Hyderabad, the capital of the Indian state of Telangana. It is located in Shamshabad, about 24 kilometres south of Hyderabad. It was opened on 23 March 2008 to replace Begumpet Airport.
1. President of South American country Suriname
- Indian-origin Chandrikapersad Chan Santokhi has been elected the president of Suriname.
- Capital of Suriname: Paramaribo || The currency of Suriname: Suriname Dollar
1. Digital Choupal by NABARD
- National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD) had organised its first ‘Digital Choupal’.
- National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development is an apex development finance institution in India. The bank has been entrusted with “matters concerning policy, planning, and operations in the field of credit for agriculture and other economic activities in rural areas in India”.
- Founded: 12 July 1982 || Headquarters: Mumbai
- G.R. Chintala is the new chairman of the National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD).
1. Shiv Nadar steps down
- Industrialist Shiv Nadar announced his decision to step down from the role of Chairperson at HCL Technologies.
- The board of directors at the company have chosen Nadar’s daughter, Roshni Nadar Malhotra to take over as the new Chairperson of HCL Tech.
2. Brand Ambassador of SportsAdda
- Australian Cricketer Brett Lee becomes brand ambassador of SportsAdda.
- SportsAdda is an Indian news and information platform start-up.
Science and Technology News
1. COVID-19 Diagnostic Kit ‘Corosure’
- IIT Delhi has developed the world’s most affordable COVID-19 Diagnostic Kit ‘Corosure’.
- It has got approval from the Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) as well as the Drug Controller General of India (DCGI).
1. Ambassador of India to Turkmenistan
- Vidhu Nair has been appointed as Ambassador of India to Turkmenistan.
- Capital of Turkmenistan: Ashgabat || Currency: Turkmenistan Manat.
2. Ambassador of India to Afghanistan
- Rudrendra Tandon has been appointed as Ambassador of India to Afghanistan.
- Afghanistan: Currency: Afghan afghani || Capital: Kabul || President of Afghanistan: Ashraf Ghani.
3. Ambassador of India to Bangladesh
- Vikram Doraiswami has been appointed India’s next Ambassador to Bangladesh.
- Capital: Dhaka || Currency: Bangladeshi taka
1. World Day for International Justice
- World Day for International Justice is an international day celebrated throughout the world on July 17.
- It is as a part of an effort to recognize the emerging system of international criminal justice.
Agreements and MoUs
1. UNICEF India with SAP India
- UNICEF India has partnered with SAP India for employability of young people under UNICEF–YuWaah–SAP India partnership.
- UNICEF: Headquarters: New York || Head: Henrietta H. Fore
- SAP: CEO: Christian Klein || Founded: 1 April 1972 HQ: Walldorf, Germany
Award, Rankings and Indexes
1. Global Humanitarian Awards 2020
- Sachin Awasthi has been honoured with the ‘Top Publicist Award’ in the Global Humanitarian Awards 2020, in London.
- Sachin Awasthi is a person who organised a 5-day long clean Ganga awareness journey ‘Vande Gange Swachhata Jan Jagran Yatra’.
2. USIBC Global Leadership Award 2020.
- Tata group chairman, Natarajan Chandrasekaran has been awarded US-India Business Council Global Leadership Award 2020.
- Chief Executive Officer and President of Lockheed Martin, Jim Taiclet also received the award.
- The U.S.-India Business Council was formed in 1975 as a business advocacy organization to enlighten and encourage the private sectors of both India and United States to enhance investment flows.
- Headquarters location: Washington || Founded: 1975 || Key person: Nisha Desai Biswal (Chairman) || Type of business: Non-profit organisation