Daily Current Affairs 17 April 2019: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 17 April 2019. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 17 April 2019. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 17 April 2019 Current affairs test.
1. Exercise SEA VIGIL
- The debrief of Exercise Sea Vigil was concluded. The debrief was chaired by Vice Admiral MS Pawar.
- The maiden national level Coastal Defence Exercise SEA VIGIL was conducted by Indian Navy from 22-23 Jan 19.
2. New Urea Policy-2015
- Government has approved the proposal to extend duration of new urea policy from April 1.
- The New Urea Policy-2015 (NUP-2015) has been notified by Department of Fertilizers on 25th May, 2015, which was initially made effective from 1st June, 2015 upto 31st March, 2019.
- It is with the objective of maximizing indigenous urea production, promoting energy efficiency in urea production and rationalizing subsidy burden.
- Urea is a nitrogenous compound containing a carbonyl group attached to two amine groups with osmotic diuretic activity. In vivo, urea is formed in the liver via the urea cycle from ammonia and is the final end product of protein metabolism.
3. Home Expo India 2019
- The 8th edition of Home Expo India 2019 began at India Expo Centre and Mart in Greater Noida.
- It has been organized by the Export Promotion Council for Handicrafts.
- Greater Noida City is a city with a population in excess of 100,000, located in the Gautam Budh Nagar district of the Indian state of Uttar Pradesh. The city was created under the UP Industrial Area Development Act, 1976. It is a part of the National Capital Region of India.
4. Rongali Bihu Festival
- Rongali Bihu Festival was celebrated in Assam. Ir is also known as ‘Bohaag Bihu’.
- Bihu or Assamese New Year is the chief festival in the Assam state of India. It refers to a set of three different festivals: Rongali or Bohag Bihu observed in April, Kongali or Kati Bihu observed in October, and Bhogali or Magh Bihu observed in January.
- Origin: Assam || Observances: Cultural festivals of Assam || Musical instruments: Dhol, Gogona, Bansuri, Taal, Xutuli, Pepa, Toka
- Costumes: Mekhela chador, Gamosa, Dhoti || Type of holiday: Cultural celebration || Folk songs: Bihu geet || Genre: Folk music
1. MoU between India and Denmark
- Indian Government has approved MoU between India and Denmark in the field of renewable energy with focus on offshore wind energy.
- Denmark is a Scandinavian country comprising the Jutland Peninsula and numerous islands.
- Capital: Copenhagen || Currency: Danish krone
2. MoUs between India and Bolivia
- Indian Government has approved MoU between India and Bolivia in the field of geology and mineral resources and traditional systems of medicine and homeopathy.
- Capital: Sucre || Currency: Bolivian boliviano
3. 2019 Pulitzer Prize
- The Pulitzer Prize is an award for achievements in newspaper, magazine and online journalism, literature, and musical composition in the United States.
- It was established in 1917 by provisions in the will of American (Hungarian-born) Joseph Pulitzer who had made his fortune as a newspaper publisher, and is administered by Columbia University in New York City.
- Fiction :- “The Overstory” by Richard Powers
- Drama :- “Fairview” by Jackie Sibblies Drury
- Poetry :- “Be With” by Forrest Gander
- Biography or autobiography :- “The New Negro” by Jeffrey C. Stewart
- The New York Times and The Wall Street Journal were awarded Pulitzer Prizes for their separate investigations of President Donald Trump and his family.
4. Exercise IN–VPN BILAT EX
- The Second Edition of Indian Navy-Vietnam Peoples’ Navy Bilateral Exercise (IN–VPN BILAT EX) has concluded Cam Ranh Bay, Vietnam.
- President: Nguyen PhuTrong || Capital: Hanoi || Currency: Vietnamese dong
1. 5G Lab for Banking and Financial Sector
- Institute for Development and Research in Banking Technology (IDRBT) has launched a 5G Use Cases Lab for Banking and Financial Sector.
- The Institute for Development & Research in Banking Technology is an institution exclusively focused on banking technology. Established by the Reserve Bank of India in 1996, the institution works at the intersection of banking and technology. It is located in Hyderabad, India.
- Director: Dr. A. S. Ramasastri || Founded: 1996
2. Citi Journalistic Excellence Award
- Teena Thacker has been awarded 2019 Citi Journalistic Excellence Award by Columbia University’s Graduate School of Journalism.
- Teena Thacker won this award for her long story in Mint on Johnson and Johnson (J&J’s) faulty hip implants in India.
- Teena Thacker is Journalist from Mint Newspaper.
- Mint is an Indian financial daily newspaper published by HT Media, a Delhi-based media group which is controlled by the KK Birla family and also publishes Hindustan Times. It mostly targets readers who are business executives and policy makers. It has been in circulation since 2007.
3. Celent Model Bank 2019 Award
- Fincare Small Finance Bank has been awarded by ‘Celent Model Bank 2019 Award’ in Financial Inclusion category
- Small finance banks are a type of niche banks in India. Banks with a small finance bank license can provide basic banking service of acceptance of deposits and lending.
- Disha Microfin Pvt Ltd || Fincare Small Finance Bank || Bangalore
- Celent Model Bank is awarded for best practices of technology usage in different areas critical to success in banking, and is the main award that a financial institution (FI) can receive from Celent. It is an annual program celebrating its 12th anniversary in 2019
1. ICC with UNICEF
- ICC has partnered with UNICEF to deliver ‘#OneDay4Children’ at Men’s Cricket World Cup 2019.
- It is a tournament-wide campaign to help construct a better world for all children.
- The 2019 Cricket World Cup is the 12th edition of the Cricket World Cup, scheduled to be hosted by England and Wales, from 30 May to 14 July 2019.
- The United Nations Children’s Fund, originally known as the United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund, was created by the United Nations General Assembly on 11 December 1946, to provide emergency food and healthcare to children and mothers in countries that had been devastated by World War II.
2. 2019 Super Cup
- FC Goa won the 2019 Super Cup by defeating Chennaiyin FC 2–1 in the final.
- The 2019 Super Cup was the second edition of the Super Cup, the main club knockout football competition in India. The competition is sponsored by Hero MotoCorp and is officially known as the Hero Super Cup.
- Champions :- Goa || Runners-up :- Chennaiyin || Top goal scorer :- Coro FC Goa (5 goals)
- The competition was held at Kalinga Stadium in Bhubaneshwar.
3. 2019 Singapore Open Badminton
- Men’s Single :- Winner: Kento Momota (Japan) || Runner-up: Anthony Sinisuka Ginting (Indonesia).
- Women’s Single :- Winner: Tai Tzu-ying (Taiwan) || Runner-up: Nozomi Okuhara (Japan).
- The 2019 Singapore Open, was a badminton tournament which took place at Singapore Indoor Stadium in Singapore and had a total purse of $355,000.
Try some Quiz Questions now: Current Affairs Quiz,17 April
- Daily Current Affairs: April 1
- Daily Current Affairs: April 2
- Daily Current Affairs: April 3
- Daily Current Affairs: April 4
- Daily Current Affairs: April 5
- Daily Current Affairs: April 6
- Daily Current Affairs: April 7
- Daily Current Affairs: April 8
- Daily Current Affairs: April 9
- Daily Current Affairs: April 10
- Daily Current Affairs: April 11
- Daily Current Affairs: April 12
- Daily Current Affairs: April 13
- Daily Current Affairs: April 14
- Daily Current Affairs: April 15
- Daily Current Affairs: April 16
- Daily Current Affairs: April 17
- Daily Current Affairs: April 18
- Daily Current Affairs: April 19
- Daily Current Affairs: April 20
- Daily Current Affairs: April 21
- Daily Current Affairs: April 22
- Daily Current Affairs: April 23
- Daily Current Affairs: April 24
- Daily Current Affairs: April 25
- Daily Current Affairs: April 26
- Daily Current Affairs: April 27
- Daily Current Affairs: April 28
- Daily Current Affairs: April 29
- Daily Current Affairs: April 30