Daily Current Affairs 17 June 2019: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 17 June 2019. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 17 June 2019. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 17 June 2019 Current affairs test.
1. 17th Lok Sabha
- The First session of the 17th Lok Sabha has started.
- it will mainly be devoted to Oath taking of newly elected MPs, election of Lok Sabha Speaker, the Motion of Thanks on the President’s Address
- Members of the 17th Lok Sabha were elected during the 2019 Indian general election. Elections were conducted in 7 phases from 11 April 2019 to 19 May 2019 by the Election Commission of India.
2. e-Foreigner Tribunal
- Government has set up a quasi-judicial authority ‘e-Foreigner Tribunal’ (e-FT) in Assam.
- It assesses the question of the authenticity of a person’s citizenship.
- CEO of ‘e-Foreigner Tribunal’ :- Anand Prakash Tiwari
3. Employees State Insurance contribution
- Government reduced the Employees State Insurance contribution rate to 4% from 6.5%.
- The reduced rates will be effective from July 1, 2019.
- The Employees State Insurance Act of 1948 has been enacted with the objective of securing financial relief in cases of sickness, maternity, disablement and for providing medical benefits to employees of factories and establishments, and their dependents.
1. Spitzer Space Telescope
- Spitzer Space Telescope is planned to be retired in January 2020.
- The Spitzer Space Telescope, formerly the Space Infrared Telescope Facility, is an infrared space telescope launched in 2003 by NASA.
- The National Aeronautics and Space Administration is an independent agency of the United States Federal Government responsible for the civilian space program, as well as aeronautics and aerospace research. NASA was established in 1958, succeeding the National Advisory Committee for Aeronautics.
2. World Day to Combat Desertification and Drought day
- The World Day to Combat Desertification and Drought is a United Nations observance each June 17.
- Its purpose is to raise awareness of the presence of desertification and drought, highlighting methods of preventing desertification and recovering from drought.
3. India’s High Commissioner to Tuvalu
- Ms. Padmaja has been appointed as next High Commissioner of India to Republic of Tuvalu.
- Tuvalu:- Capital: Vaiaku || Currency: Australian dollar, Tuvaluan dollar
4. World’s highest operating weather stations
- National Geographic Society has installed world’s highest operating weather stations on Mount Everest.
- It will provide researchers, climbers, and the public with near real-time information about mountain conditions.
1. Forbes ‘Global 2000’
- 57 Indian companies have been ranked in Forbes ‘World’s 2000 largest public companies’.
- Reliance Industries leads the list of 57 Indian companies (71st rank globally).
- The overall list is topped by Industrial and Commercial Bank of China.
- 2. JP Morgan
- 3. China Construction Bank
- 4. Agricultural Bank of China
- 5. Bank of America
- Industrial and Commercial Bank of China Limited is a Chinese multinational banking company. It is the largest bank in China, and the largest bank in the world by total assets, deposits, loans, number of customers and number of employees. It is one of China’s “Big Four” state-owned commercial banks.
2. Exim Bank with Ghana and Mozambique
- Exim Bank has inked $245 million loan agreement with Ghana and Mozambique for Agricultural and Railway Projects.
- Mozambique :- Capital: Maputo || Currency: Mozambican metical
- Ghana :- Capital: Accra || Currency: Ghanaian cedi
- Export–Import Bank of India is a finance institution in India, established in 1982 under Export-Import Bank of India Act 1981. Since its inception, Exim Bank of India has been both a catalyst and a key player in the promotion of cross border trade and investment.
3. New Brand Ambassador of Casio India
- Casio India has roped in actor Tiger Shroff as its brand ambassador.
- Casio Computer Co., Ltd. is a Japanese multinational consumer electronics and commercial electronics manufacturing company headquartered in Shibuya, Tokyo, Japan.
- Founder: Tadao Kashio
- CEO: Kazuhiro Kashio
4. Hyperinflation in Venezuela
- Venezuela Government has rolled out three new banknotes of 10000, 20000 and 50000 bolivar denominations due to Hyperinflation.
- In economics, hyperinflation is very high and typically accelerating inflation. It quickly erodes the real value of the local currency, as the prices of all goods increase. This causes people to minimize their holdings in that currency as they usually switch to more stable foreign currencies, often the US Dollar.
- Venezuela: Currencies: Venezuelan bolivar, Sovereign Bolivar || Capital: Caracas
1. Archery World Championships
- Indian Men’s recurve team has bagged Silver Medal in Archery World Championships.
- Indian Women’s Team has won Bronze Medal.
- Archery World Championships was held at Den Bosch in The Netherlands.
2. Golden Boy Award
- 100 players are nominated for the Golden Boy 2019 award.
- The Golden Boy is an award that is given by sports journalists to a young footballer playing in Europe perceived to have been the most impressive during a calendar year.
- All nominees must be under the age of 21 and play in a European nation’s top tier.
- 2018 Winner:- Matthijs de Ligt of Ajax (Netherlands)
Try some Quiz Questions now: Current Affairs Quiz,17 June
- Daily Current Affairs: June 1
- Daily Current Affairs: June 2
- Daily Current Affairs: June 3
- Daily Current Affairs: June 4
- Daily Current Affairs: June 5
- Daily Current Affairs: June 6
- Daily Current Affairs: June 7
- Daily Current Affairs: June 8
- Daily Current Affairs: June 9
- Daily Current Affairs: June 10
- Daily Current Affairs: June 11
- Daily Current Affairs: June 12
- Daily Current Affairs: June 13
- Daily Current Affairs: June 14
- Daily Current Affairs: June 15
- Daily Current Affairs: June 16
- Daily Current Affairs: June 17
- Daily Current Affairs: June 18
- Daily Current Affairs: June 19
- Daily Current Affairs: June 20
- Daily Current Affairs: June 21
- Daily Current Affairs: June 22
- Daily Current Affairs: June 23
- Daily Current Affairs: June 24
- Daily Current Affairs: June 25
- Daily Current Affairs: June 26
- Daily Current Affairs: June 27
- Daily Current Affairs: June 28
- Daily Current Affairs: June 29
- Daily Current Affairs: June 30