Daily Current Affairs 17 March 2020: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 17 March 2020. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 17 March 2020. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 17 March 2020 Current affairs test.
1. Former CJI Ranjan Gogoi to Rajya Sabha
- President Kovind has nominated Former Chief Justice of India Ranjan Gogoi to the Rajya Sabha.
- Ranjan Gogoi is an Indian jurist who served as the 46th Chief Justice of India for 13 months between 2018 and 2019. He is known for his majority opinion in the Ayodhya Case which ruled that the construction of the Ram Temple over historically disputed land in Ayodhya was lawful.
2. Nana Shankarseth Mumbai Central railway station
- The Mumbai Central station will be renamed as Nana Shankarseth Mumbai Central railway station.
- Governor of Maharashtra: Bhagat Singh Koshyari.
3. Phool Dei Festival
- Uttarakhand has celebrated the traditional harvest festival ‘Phool Dei’.
- Governor of Uttarakhand: Baby Rani Maurya.
1. First country to suspend all financial markets
- Phillipines has become the first country of the world to suspend all financial markets.
- Capital: Manila || Currency: Philippine Peso.
1. Exposure limit for Urban Cooperative Banks (UCBs)
- RBI has revised the single borrower and group exposure limit for Urban Cooperative Banks
- RBI has lowered the single borrower exposure limit for UCBs to 15% of tier I capital.
- RBI has lowered the group of borrowers exposure limit for UCBs to 25% of tier I capital.
- RBI has also increased the Priority Sector Lending target for UCBs from 40% to 75% of the Adjusted Net Bank Credit (ANBC).
Priority Sector Lending is an important role given by the (RBI) to the banks for providing a specified portion of the bank lending to few specific sectors like agriculture and allied activities, micro and small enterprises, poor people for housing, students for education and other low income groups and weaker sections.
1. Flipkart with Aegon
- Flipkart has tied up with Aegon Life Insurance to sell comprehensive insurance solutions.
- Flipkart is an Indian e-commerce company based in Bengaluru, India. It was founded by Sachin Bansal and Binny Bansal in 2007.
- CEO: Kalyan Krishnamurthy || Founded: October 2007
2. India’s first flying car factory
- Company PAL-V (Personal Air Land Vehicle) will set-up a new manufacturing facility which is India’s first flying car factory in Gujarat.
- Gujarat: CM- Vijay Rupani || Governor- Acharya Devvrat
1. Book ‘An Extraordinary Life: A biography of Manohar Parrikar’
- Book ‘An Extraordinary Life: A biography of Manohar Parrikar’ is co-authored by veteran journalists Sadguru Patil and Mayabhushan Nagvenkar.
- It is is a book on the life of the former defence minister and Goa chief minister Manohar Parrikar.
1. Imtiaz Khan passes away
- Veteran actor-filmmaker Imtiaz Khan has passed away.
- He was the brother of late Bollywood star Amjad Khan
2. Patil Puttappa passes away
- Veteran journalist and former Rajya Sabha member Patil Puttappa passed away.
- Patil Puttappa was an Indian writer, veteran journalist and activist based in Hubli, India. He was the founder-editor of the now-defunct Kannada daily Vishwavani and weekly Prapancha.
Agreements and MoUs
1. CRPF with Aditya Mehta foundation
- CRPF has inked a deal with NGO Aditya Mehta Foundation to train its troops, who lost their limbs in operations.
- CRPF: HQ: New Delhi || The motto of CRPF: Service and Loyalty || CRPF founded: 27 July 1939.
Award, Rankings and Indexes
1. ‘Women On Board 2020’ Rankings
- India has been ranked 12th in the study titled ‘Women On Board 2020’.
- The ‘Women On Board 2020’ Study is conducted by MyHiringClub and Sarkari-Naukri.
- It is the study based on the presence of women in companies’ board globally.
- The list was topped by Norway with 40.72% women on board.
1. Oman Open (Table Tennis)
- Table Tennis Player Achanta Sharath Kamal of India has won the ITTF Challenger Plus Oman Open Men’s Singles Title.
- Oman Capital: Muscat || Currency: Omani rial.
Try some Quiz Questions now: Current Affairs Quiz,17 March