Daily Current Affairs 17 October 2019: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 17 October 2019. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 17 October 2019. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 17 October 2019 Current affairs test.
1. National Kishore Kumar Samman (Award)
- Director and Producer Priyadarshan was conferred with National Kishore Kumar Samman for 2018-19 by Madhya Pradesh Government.
- Priyadarshan is an Indian film director, producer, and screenwriter. In a career spanning over three decades, he has directed more than 95 films in various Indian languages, predominantly in Malayalam and Hindi, while also having done six films in Tamil and two in Telugu.
2. Book ‘Reset: Regaining India’s Economic Legacy’
- Book ‘Reset: Regaining India’s Economic Legacy’ is authored by Subramanian Swamy.
- Subramanian Swamy is an Indian politician, economist, statistician and polymath who serves as a nominated Member of Parliament in Rajya Sabha, the upper house of the Indian Parliament.
- Swamy has served as a member of the Planning Commission of India and was a Cabinet Minister in the Chandra Shekhar government.
3. Food Safety Mitra Scheme
- Health and Family Welfare Minister Harsh Vardhan has launched Food Safety Mitra Scheme, Eat Right Jacket and Eat Right Jhola.
- It is an individual professional certified by FSSAI who assists in compliances related to FSS Act, Rules and Regulations.
- There will be three avatars: Digital Mitra, Trainer Mitra and Hygiene Mitra depending upon ones respective roles.
4. Indian Railways to become net zero carbon emitter
- Indian Railways has announced that it will become a net-zero carbon emitter by 2030.
- Indian Railways is India’s national railway system operated by the Ministry of Railways. It manages the fourth largest railway network in the world by size, with a route length of 67,368-kilometre and total track length of 121,407-kilometre as of March 2017.
- Indian Railways is the world’s eighth-largest employer by number of employees (1.4 million).
1. Global Hunger Index 2019
- Global Hunger Index 2019 is compiled by Irish aid agency Concern Worldwide and German agency Welt Hunger Hilf.
- India is ranked 102 among 117 countries with a GHI score of 30.3.
- In 2018 India was ranked at 95th position.
- Belarus has topped the Global Hunger Index 2019 with a GHI score of less than 5 while Central African Republic is at bottom of the index with a GHI score of 53.6.
- The Global Hunger Index (GHI) is a tool designed to comprehensively measure and track hunger at the global, regional, and country levels.
- GHI indicators: Undernourishment || Child stunting || Child wasting || Child mortality.
2. New President of Tunisia
- Kais Saied has been elected as new President of Tunisia.
- Tunisia: Capital: Tunis || Currency: Tunisian dinar
3. Ambassador of India to Georgia
- Kishan Dan Dewal has been accredited as next Ambassador of India to Georgia.
- Georgia: Capital: Tbilisi || Currency: Georgian lari
4. Netherlands King Willem-Alexander and Queen Maxima in India
- The Netherlands King Willem-Alexander and Queen Maxima arrived in New Delhi for a state visit.
- The Netherlands: Capital: Amsterdam || Currency: Euro
1. New Law Secretary
- Anoop Kumar Mendiratta has been appointed as the new Law Secretary in the Ministry of Law & Justice.
- Ravi Shankar Prasad is the current minister for law and justice in India.
2. Team Cashless India
- Mastercard in collaboration with MS Dhoni launched ‘Team Cashless India’ initiative to boost digital payments.
- The initiative encourages all Indian citizens to nominate 1 or more merchants who currently do not accept digital payments at their firms/stores.
- Mastercard: Founded: 1979 || Headquarters: New York
3. World’s Most Powerful Passports
- The Henley Passport Index is released by Henley & Partners.
- The Henley Passport Index is the original ranking of all the world’s passports according to the number of destinations their holders can access without a prior visa. The ranking is based on exclusive data from the International Air Transport Association (IATA), which maintains the world’s largest and most accurate database of travel information, and enhanced by ongoing research by the Henley & Partners Research Department.
- India is ranked at 82th position in the latest Henley Passport Index 2019.
- Japan and Singapore jointly has topped the charts of Henley Passport Index 2019.
4. Bank of Baroda with BNP Paribas
- Bank of Baroda and financial services group ‘BNP Paribas’ of france will merge their mutual fund businesses.
- BNP Paribas S.A. is a French international banking group. It is the world’s 8th largest bank by total assets, and currently operates with a presence in 77 countries.
- Headquarters: Paris, France || CEO: Jean-Laurent Bonnafé
1. European Golden Shoe Winner
- Lionel Messi has won his sixth European Golden Shoe, awarded to the player with the most league goals in any of Europe’s top-flight leagues.
- The European Golden Shoe is an award that is presented each season to the leading goal scorer in league matches from the top division of every European national league. The
2. Indra Nooyi with ICC
- Indra Nooyi has been reappointed as ICC Independent Director.
- Zimbabwe and Nepal have readmitted as ICC members.
- The International Cricket Council is the global governing body of cricket. It was founded as the Imperial Cricket Conference in 1909 by representatives from Australia, England and South Africa. It was renamed as the International Cricket Conference in 1965, and took up its current name in 1989.
3. Japanese Grand Prix
- Winner Mercedes’ Valtteri Bottas of Finland.
- Runner-up: Ferrari’s Sebastian Vettel of Germany.
4. Presidents of Board of Control for Cricket in India
- Former Cricketer Saurav Ganguly will be new BCCI President replacing C.K. Khanna.
- The Board of Control for Cricket in India is the national governing body for cricket in India. The board was formed in December 1928 as a society, registered under the Tamil Nadu Societies Registration Act.
- Daily Current Affairs: October 1
- Daily Current Affairs: October 2
- Daily Current Affairs: October 3
- Daily Current Affairs: October 4
- Daily Current Affairs: October 5
- Daily Current Affairs: October 6
- Daily Current Affairs: October 7
- Daily Current Affairs: October 8
- Daily Current Affairs: October 9
- Daily Current Affairs: October 10
- Daily Current Affairs: October 11
- Daily Current Affairs: October 12
- Daily Current Affairs: October 13
- Daily Current Affairs: October 14
- Daily Current Affairs: October 15
- Daily Current Affairs: October 16
- Daily Current Affairs: October 17
- Daily Current Affairs: October 18
- Daily Current Affairs: October 19
- Daily Current Affairs: October 20
- Daily Current Affairs: October 21
- Daily Current Affairs: October 22
- Daily Current Affairs: October 23
- Daily Current Affairs: October 24
- Daily Current Affairs: October 25
- Daily Current Affairs: October 26
- Daily Current Affairs: October 27
- Daily Current Affairs: October 28
- Daily Current Affairs: October 29
- Daily Current Affairs: October 30
- Daily Current Affairs: October 31