Daily Current Affairs 17 September 2019: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 17 September 2019. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 17 September 2019. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 17 September 2019 Current affairs test.
1. Great Ganga Run 2019
- ‘Great Ganga Run-2019’ is flagged off at Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium in New Delhi by Jal Shakti Minister Gajendra Singh Shekhawat and Sports Minister Kiren Rijiju.
- The Ganges, or Ganga, is a trans-boundary river of Asia which flows through India and Bangladesh. The 2,525 km river rises in the western Himalayas in the Indian state of Uttarakhand, and flows south and east through the Gangetic Plain of India and Bangladesh, eventually emptying into the Bay of Bengal.
2. Jaldoot Vehicle
- Minister for Environment and Forest and Information & Broadcasting Prakash Javadekar has flagged off a Jaldoot vehicle in Pune, Maharashtra.
- Theme: ‘SAVE WATER’.
- Prakash Keshav Javadekar is an Indian politician. He is a member of the Bharatiya Janata Party and currently serving as the Minister of Environment, Forest and Climate Change and Minister of Information and Broadcasting.
3. First Lokayukta of Andhra Pradesh
- Justice P Lakshmana Reddy appointed as first Lokayukta of Andhra Pradesh.
- Andhra Pradesh: Governor: Biswabhusan Harichandan || Chief minister: Y. S. Jaganmohan Reddy
4. Maritime Communication Services
- Minister for Communications, Electronics and Information Technology Ravi Shankar Prasad launched maritime communication services.
- High-end support to those travelling on sailing vessels, cruise liners and ships in India by use of satellite technology and provide access to voice, data and video services.
5. Committee to study issues related to non-personal data
- Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology has constituted a Committee to study issues related to non-personal data.
- Aim: To come up with related data governance framework.
- Chairman of the Committee: Kris Gopalakrishnan (Infosys Co-Founder).
6. Survey of India to map the length and breadth of India
- Survey of India with support from Department of Science & Technology to digitally map the length and breadth of India.
- The Survey of India is India’s central engineering agency in charge of mapping and surveying. Set up in 1767 to help consolidate the territories of the British East India Company, it is one of the oldest Engineering Departments of the Government of India.
- Headquarters: Dehradun || Founder: East India Company || Founded: 1767
1. USA Constitution Day
- Constitution Day falls on 17th September, the anniversary of the official signing of the US constitution in 1787.
- Constitution Day September 17th is an American federal observance that recognizes the adoption of the United States Constitution and those who have become U.S. citizens.
- It is normally observed on September 17, the day in 1787 that delegates to the Constitutional Convention signed the document in Philadelphia.
2. Exercise Maitree 2019
- Indo-Thailand joint military exercise ‘Maitree 2019’ has started at Foreign Training Node, Umroi Meghalaya.
- Meghalaya: Governor: Tathagata Roy || Chief Minister: Conrad Sangma.
- Thailand: Capital: Bangkok || Currency: Thai baht.
3. World University Rankings 2020
- World University Rankings 2020 is published by Times Higher Education (THE),United Kingdom.
- 1. University of Oxford
- 2. California Institute of Technology
- 3. University of Cambridge
- Indian Institute of Technology Ropar and Indian Institute of Science Bangalore were ranked number 1 among the 56 Indian institutes on the list.
4. CPJ List of worst countries for press censorship
- According to US-based Committee to Protect Journalists (CPJ) ‘List of worst countries for Press Censorship’, Eritrea is the world’s most censored country.
- 2nd: North Korea
- 3rd: Turkmenistan
- The Committee to Protect Journalists is an American independent non-profit, non-governmental organization, based in New York City, New York with correspondents around the world. CPJ promotes press freedom and defends the rights of journalists.
5. International Day of Democracy
- In 2007 the United Nations General Assembly resolved to observe 15 September as the International Day of Democracy.
- Aim: with the purpose of promoting and upholding the principles of democracy—and invited all member states and organizations to commemorate the day in an appropriate manner that contributes to raising public awareness.
- Theme: ‘Participation’.
1. Customer Service Excellence Award 2019 by NASSCOM
- CSS Corp has won NASSCOM’s Customer Service Excellence Award 2019 in the ‘Transformation’ category.
- CSS Corp is a new-age IT services and technology support company
- The National Association of Software and Services Companies is a trade association of Indian Information Technology and Business Process Outsourcing industry.
- Established in 1988, NASSCOM is a non-profit organisation. NASSCOM initiated a program called ‘10000 Startups’ in 2013.
- NASSCOM: Chairperson: Rishad Premji || Headquarters location: New Delhi || Founded: 1 March 1988
2. World Bank with Government of India
- World Bank will provide Rs 3000 crore assistance to finance Mini and Mega Food Parks across India.
- It was announced during the 15th Indo-US Economic Summit.
- The 15th Indo-US Economic Summit was organized by Indo-American Chamber of Commerce-North India Council in New Delhi.
3. ‘The Guardian’ list of 100 Best Films of the 21st century
- Gangs Of Wasseypur has become the only Indian film to be listed in ‘The Guardian’ list of 100 Best Films of the 21st century.
- The film has bagged the 59th position.
- Gangs of Wasseypur is a 2012 Indian two-part crime film, produced and directed by Anurag Kashyap, and written by Kashyap and Zeishan Quadri.
4. New CMD Cognizant India
- Cognizant Technology Solutions has appointed Ramkumar Ramamoorthy as chairman and managing director of Cognizant India and head of India Operations.
- Cognizant is an American multinational corporation that provides IT services, including digital, technology, consulting, and operations services. It is headquartered in Teaneck, New Jersey, United States. Cognizant is part of the NASDAQ-100 and trades under CTSH.
- CEO: Brian Humphries || Headquarters: Teaneck, New Jersey, United States
1. Chairman of ECB’s cricket committee
- Former England captain Andrew Strauss has been appointed as the chairman of the England and Wales Cricket Board’s cricket committee.
- Sir Andrew John Strauss OBE is a former English cricketer who played all formats of the game internationally, captaining England in all formats. He played county cricket for Middlesex County Cricket Club.
2. IBSF World Billiards Championship
- Pankaj Advani has won the 150-up format at the IBSF World Billiards Championship held in Mandalay, Myanmar.
- Pankaj Advani is an Indian billiards and snooker player. He is a 22-time World Champion and has achieved a hat-trick of hat-tricks in English billiards, holding the World, Asian, and Indian National Championship titles simultaneously, in five different years: 2005, 2008, 2012, 2017 and recently in 2019.
3. Vietnam Open Super 100 title
- Winner: Sourabh Verma of India.
- Runner-up: Sun Fei Xiang of China.
- Daily Current Affairs: September 1
- Daily Current Affairs: September 2
- Daily Current Affairs: September 3
- Daily Current Affairs: September 4
- Daily Current Affairs: September 5
- Daily Current Affairs: September 6
- Daily Current Affairs: September 7
- Daily Current Affairs: September 8
- Daily Current Affairs: September 9
- Daily Current Affairs: September 10
- Daily Current Affairs: September 11
- Daily Current Affairs: September 12
- Daily Current Affairs: September 13
- Daily Current Affairs: September 14
- Daily Current Affairs: September 15
- Daily Current Affairs: September 16
- Daily Current Affairs: September 17
- Daily Current Affairs: September 18
- Daily Current Affairs: September 19
- Daily Current Affairs: September 20
- Daily Current Affairs: September 21
- Daily Current Affairs: September 22
- Daily Current Affairs: September 23
- Daily Current Affairs: September 24
- Daily Current Affairs: September 25
- Daily Current Affairs: September 26
- Daily Current Affairs: September 27
- Daily Current Affairs: September 28
- Daily Current Affairs: September 29
- Daily Current Affairs: September 30