Daily Current Affairs 17 April 2018: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 17 April 2018. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 17 April 2018. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 17 April 2018 Current affairs test.
1. Road toll to be charged from bank accounts
- Union Minister Nitin Gadkari said a system will be ready to debit the road toll from the drivers bank accounts.
- Such a system already exists in S Korea.
2. BJP releases 2nd list of candidates for Karnataka polls
- Notably, G Somashekar Reddy, will contest from Bellary city.
- As of now, BJP has released the list for 154 seats of 224 constituencies in Karnataka.
3. Qutub Minar in Delhi represents World Haemophilia Day
- The monument was lit up red to mark the day.
- 18,000 persons with haemophilia are registered with the Federation in India.
4. Kerala govt launches 3 cyber stations
- The govt will set up cyber police stations in Ernakulam, Thrissur and Kozhikode.
- A wing to prevent cyber crimes is being set up.
1. China develops ‘Artificial Transpiration’
- The 3D conic device increases the solar-thermal conversion efficiency.
- The cone is based on a graphene film and collects more sunlight during the day.
2. Indian national selected for Barack Obama’s fellowship
- Preethi Herman, the Global Executive Director of Change.org Foundation is among the 20 who are selected.
- The selected civic leaders will work on tasks like empowering parents and teachers.
3. Explosion outside Indian embassy in Nepal
- A bomb exploded outside the Indian embassy at Biratnagar, Nepal.
- It is suspected that local political group caused the blast.
4. ISIS threatens to bomb US in a poster
- The propaganda poster released by Islamic State threatens to bomb US subway.
- Last month, ISIS released a poster threatening the upcoming FIFA World Cup.
1. Coinbase buys Earn.com
- Cryptocurrency exchange Coinbase has acquired Earn.com.
- The $100 mn deal appointed Earn’s CEO Balaji Srinivasan as Coinbase’s CTO.
2. TRAI unveils website for comparison
- The website allows users to compare tariffs of different service providers.
- Tariff data is currently available for Delhi circle and will be expanded.
3. Bengaluru emerges as highest paying city in India
- The average CTC in Bangalore is Rs.10.8 lakh per annum.
- Pune and Delhi NCR are 2nd and 3rd respectively with Rs.10.3 lakh and Rs.9.9 lakh respectively.
4. Kotak 2nd most valuable bank
- Kotak Mahindra Bank has a market value of $2.23 tn.
- HDFC is on the top with market cap of $5.03 tn.
1. Muhammed Anas told to join national camp
- He is India’s 1st CWG 400m finalist since Milkha Singh in 1958.
- The Athletics Federation of India has asked him to join the national camp over training with personal coach.
2. Murali picked up 800th test wicket
- Muttiah Muralitharan picked up his 800th wicket on the final ball of his Test career.
- He is the 1st to pick 400,500,600,700 and 800 Test wickets.
3. Boston marathon gets American woman winner
- Desiree Linden is the 1st woman in 33 years to win the marathon.
- In the men’s race, Yuki Kawauchi became the 1st Japanese man to win since 31 years.
- Daily Current Affairs: April 1
- Daily Current Affairs: April 2
- Daily Current Affairs: April 3
- Daily Current Affairs: April 4
- Daily Current Affairs: April 5
- Daily Current Affairs: April 6
- Daily Current Affairs: April 7
- Daily Current Affairs: April 8
- Daily Current Affairs: April 9
- Daily Current Affairs: April 10
- Daily Current Affairs: April 11
- Daily Current Affairs: April 12
- Daily Current Affairs: April 13
- Daily Current Affairs: April 14
- Daily Current Affairs: April 15