Daily Current Affairs 17 August 2018: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 17 August 2018. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 17 August 2018. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 17 August 2018 Current affairs test.
1. Kanyashree Prakalpa scheme
- CM Mamata Banerjee removed family income limit for the beneficiaries of ‘Kanyashree’ women welfare scheme.
- Kanyashree was launched in 2013 to prevent EARLY MARRIAGE of girl child .
2. Digital Screens at Railway Stations
- Digital screens will be operational at 22 stations to spread awareness about the heritage of Indian Railways.
- India has the fourth-longest rail transport network (67,368 km) in the world.
3. Dial 100 Police Mobile App
- MP CM Shivraj Singh Chouhan launched Dial 100 Police Mobile App.
- This App will be helpful at the time of emergency, after Police receive a call through App.
4. Month of nutrition
- Rajasthan will observe September as the ‘month of nutrition’.
- Class 1 to 8 of government schools will be given milk daily instead of thrice a week
1. New President of Paraguay
- Mario Abdo Benítez has been sworn in as president of Paraguay.
- He is the son of a close aide to ex-military dictator Alfredo Stroessner, and has faced criticism for defending the former leader’s record.He has replaced Horacio Cartes. Both are from the conservative Colorado Party.
- Paraguay:- Capital: Asunción , Currency: Paraguayan guaraní
2. Mali’s New President
- Ibrahim Boubacar Keita re-elected as Mali’s president
- Mali:- Capital – Bamako , Currency – West African CFA franc
3. Nepal’s Postal Highway
- India granted additional NPR 470 million for the Postal Highway.
- This highway is being constructed in Southern Plains of Nepal.
1. PhonePe with IRCTC app Rail connect
- PhonePe partnered with IRCTC app to ease convenient payments for the users.
- The partnership will enable PhonePe’s 100 million plus users to pay from their bank accounts using UPI, credit, debit cards and also the PhonePe wallet for their travel bookings.
2. Rural Electrification Corporation with German Bank
- A loan agreement is between REC and German bank KfW of Euro 200 Million.
- This is to finance clean energy projects in India.
3. India Ratings and Research (Ind-Ra) GDP forecast
- According to Ind-Ra the economic growth for the FY19 will be 7.2%,earlier it was 7.4%.
- Possible reason might be surge in global crude oil prices.
4. New Chair Person of International Nitrogen Initiative
- N Raghuram has been elected as Chair Person of the International Nitrogen Initiative (INI)
- He is a professor at the GGS Indraprastha University, New Delhi.
1. FIFA Rankings
- World Cup winners France topped in the rankings.
- Belgium is on second place followed by Brazil.
2. La Liga Division
- La Liga session will kick off for the year and the first match will be played between Ginora and Valladolid
- La Liga is the men’s top professional football division of the Spanish football league system.
3. David Silva retires
- Silva retired from international Football.
- Silva is a Spanish professional footballer who plays for English club Manchester City.
- Daily Current Affairs: August 1
- Daily Current Affairs: August 2
- Daily Current Affairs: August 3
- Daily Current Affairs: August 4
- Daily Current Affairs: August 5
- Daily Current Affairs: August 6
- Daily Current Affairs: August 7
- Daily Current Affairs: August 8
- Daily Current Affairs: August 9
- Daily Current Affairs: August 10
- Daily Current Affairs: August 11
- Daily Current Affairs: August 12
- Daily Current Affairs: August 13
- Daily Current Affairs: August 14
- Daily Current Affairs: August 15