Daily Current Affairs 17 December 2017: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 17 December 2017. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 17 December 2017. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 17 December 2017 Current affairs test.
1.Cabinet okays Bill to replace Medical Council of India
- The Union cabinet has approved a bill to replace the much criticised medical education regulator Medical Council of India (MCI) with a new commission to ensure transparency and reform.
- The National Medical Council Bill, 2016 will be tabled in Parliament in the current session, law and justice minister Ravi Shankar Prasad.
2.Indian Navy aircraft fleet to reach 500 in next 10 years.
- The aviation arm will double its aircraft fleet in the coming decade to nearly 500, Chief of Naval Staff Admiral Sunil Lamba said.
- The Navy currently has 238 aircraft, a combination of fighters, helicopters and maritime patrol aircraft.
3.Nizamuddin East of Delhi to become city’s first green colony.
- Delhi’s Nizamuddin East is the city’s first large colony executing 100% garbage segregation at the household level.
- The residents, aided by the local Councilor and South Delhi Municipal corporation, are able to carry out door-to-door waste collection every day.
1.Man breaks world record by sailing around the world in 42 days.
- French sailor Francois Gabart smashed the world record for the fastest solo navigation of the globe on Sunday after completing the feat in 42 days, 16 hours, 40 minutes and 35 seconds.
- 34-year old, who became the fourth title holder of the world record, beat the previous record set by compatriot Thomas Coville by six days and 10 hours.
2.Indo-Maldives joint military exercise commences
- The 14-day Indo-Maldives joint military exercise, ‘EKUVERIN-2017,’ began on Friday evening at the Maratha Light Infantry Regimental Centre (MLIRC-Belagavi)
- t’s the eighth Indian joint military exercise with the Maldives, and has taken place for the third time in Belagavi(Karnataka).
3.POTUS Trump an ‘old lunatic’: North Korea.
- US President Donald Trump has been termed as ‘old lunatic’ again by N Korea also claiming that the superpower was scared by N Korea’s test-fire of Hwasong-15 ICBM.
- Kim Jong Un had previously called POTUS Trump a ‘mentally deranged dotard’.
4.UN Security Council considers calling for US Jerusalem decision to be withdrawn
- The United Nations Security Council is considering a draft resolution that would insist any decisions on the status of Jerusalem have no legal effect and must be rescinded after US President Donald Trump recognized the city as Israel’s capital.
- Trump abruptly reversed decades of US policy this month when he recognized Jerusalem as Israel’s capital, generating outrage from Palestinians.
1.Not all banks to get capital support in first tranche.
- Not all banks will be eligible for capital support of the government this fiscal, but those who have performed relatively better and need capital most will be considered for fund infusion, sources said.
- It is not necessary that all banks will be issued recapitalization bonds in the first tranche, but the money will be given depending on fulfilment of various parameters, including reforms undertaken, a senior official said.
2.Finance Ministry asks banks to open MSME intensive branches.
- In order to increase credit availability to small businesses, the finance ministry has asked public sector banks to open MSME intensive branches.
- Micro, small and medium enterprises (MSMEs), which are huge employment generator in the country, contribute 40% of the India’s manufacturing.
3.Google is shutting down its high-end smartphone AR platform, Tango
- Tech giant Google on Saturday announced the shutting down of its high-end smartphone augmented reality platform, Tango.
- The company instead wants to shift focus to its mass market product, ARCore.
4.Vodafone India appoints Manish Dawar as its CFO
- Vodafone India has appointed Manish Dawar as its Chief Financial Officer with effect from January 1, 2018.
- Based in Mumbai, he will report to Sunil Sood, Managing Director and CEO, Vodafone India.
- Mr. Dawar will replace Thomas Reisten, who after completing a four-year stint with Vodafone India, will be moving to a new senior role within the Vodafone Group.
1.A swimmer who has won gold at European C’ship, give his medal to fan.
- British Olympic champion Adam Peaty won 100m breaststroke gold at the European Short Course Championship before giving away his medal to a fan.
- Peaty, who set a new European record in the process in Copenhagen, later posed for a photograph with an empty medal box.
2.India’s grabs 9 Gold and 7 Silvers at Wrestling Championship.
- On the second day of Commonwealth Wrestling Championship in South Africa, India has won 9 gold, 7 silver and 4 bronze medals.
- The India Women Team that represented the nation at the event bagged medals in all 10 weight categories.
- Daily Current Affairs: December 1
- Daily Current Affairs: December 2
- Daily Current Affairs: December 3
- Daily Current Affairs: December 4
- Daily Current Affairs: December 5
- Daily Current Affairs: December 6
- Daily Current Affairs: December 7
- Daily Current Affairs: December 8
- Daily Current Affairs: December 9
- Daily Current Affairs: December 10
- Daily Current Affairs: December 11
- Daily Current Affairs: December 12
- Daily Current Affairs: December 13
- Daily Current Affairs: December 14
- Daily Current Affairs: December 15