Daily Current Affairs 17 December 2018: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 17 December 2018. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 17 December 2018. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 17 December 2018 Current affairs test.
1. New Chief Ministers
- Zoramthanga(Mizo National Front) :- Mizoram.
- Ashok Gehlot(Congress) :- Rajasthan.
- Bhupesh Baghel (Congress) :- Chhattisgarh
- Kamal Nath (Congress) :- Madhya Pradesh
- K. Chandrashekar Rao (Telangana Rashtra Samithi) :- Telangana
2. National Rail and Transportation Institution (NRTI)
- Railways Minister Piyush Goyal has dedicated National Rail and Transportation Institution to the Nation in Vadodara.
- The National Rail and Transportation Institute is India’s first railway university located in Vadodara, Gujarat. This institute is located in the National Academy of Indian Railway having about 55 acres of campus.
- It is third of its kind in the world after Russia and China.
3. Statue of NT Rama Rao
- Andhra Pradesh Govt. will be installing a 197-foot-tall statue of former CM NT Rama Rao (NTR) in Amravati.
- Nandamuri Taraka Rama Rao, popularly known as NTR, was an Indian actor, producer, director, editor and politician who served as Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh for seven years over three terms. He is widely regarded as one of the best actors of Indian cinema.
4. ‘Sangeet Mahasamman’ award
- Singers Shaan and Arijit Singh has been awarded ‘Sangeet Mahasamman’ award by West Bengal Govt.
- The award ceremony was held at the inaugural session of the Bengal music and folk culture festival in Kolkata.
1. Miss Universe 2018
- Catriona Gray from Philippines has been crowned Miss Universe 2018.
- India’s Representative Nehal Chudasama is an Indian model, fitness consultant and beauty pageant titleholder. She also works as an emcee. She was crowned Miss Diva – Miss Universe India 2018 and represented India at the Miss Universe 2018 pageant and was unplaced.
2. ‘Year of Tolerance’
- UAE President Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan has declared 2019 as the “Year of Tolerance”.
- Highlighting UAE as a global capital for tolerance by instilling the values of co-existence and peace in local, regional and international communities.
3. White House Chief of Staff
- Donald Trump has appointed Mick Mulvaney as the acting White House Chief of Staff.
- He will replace General John Kelly.
- The White House is the official residence and workplace of the President of the United States. It is located at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue NW in Washington, D.C. and has been the residence of every U.S. President since John Adams in 1800.
4. First transgender contestant in Miss Universe
- Angela Ponce from Spain is the first transgender contestant in the history of Miss Universe.
- Ángela Ponce is a Spanish model and beauty pageant titleholder who won Miss Spain 2018. Ponce made history on June 29, 2018, as the first transgender woman to ever be crowned Miss Spain.
1. FDI on the increase
- Foreign Direct Invest has increased constantly from USD 45.15 billion in 2014-15 to USD 60.97 billion in 2017-18.
- A foreign direct investment is an investment in the form of a controlling ownership in a business in one country by an entity based in another country. It is thus distinguished from a foreign portfolio investment by a notion of direct control.
2. Indian Data Relay Satellite System (IDRSS)
- ISRO will launch the Indian Data Relay Satellite System to improve data relay and communication links with its earth observation satellites in 2019.
- Headquarters: Bengaluru || Founder: Vikram Sarabhai || Founded: 15 August 1969 || Director: Kailasavadivoo Sivan || Subsidiary: Vikram Sarabhai Space Centre
3. India Post’s Internet banking facility
- India Post has launched Internet banking facility for post office savings bank (POSB) customer
- This can be accessible from ‘ ebanking.indiapost.gov.in’
- It was launched by Minister of State (Independent Charge) for communications, Manoj Sinha
4. Institute of High-Altitude Medicinal Plants
- Institute of High-Altitude Medicinal Plants (IHAMP) will be installed at Bhaderwah, Doda district, Jammu and Kashmir.
- The foundation stone was laid by Ministers Jitendra Singh and Shripad Yesso Naik (Ayush Minister).
- It will provide research in medicinal plants and promote cultivation of medicinal plants.
- Jitendra Singh is an Indian politician. Currently, he is the Minister of State for the Ministry of Development of North Eastern Region, Minister of State for Prime Minister’s Office, Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions, Department of Atomic Energy, and Department of Space.
1. Men’s Hockey World Cup 2018
- Belgium has defeated Netherlands in shootout to win Men’s Hockey World Cup 2018.
- Australia has secured bronze medal.
2. MD of England’s Men’s cricket
- Former England cricket team spinner Ashley Giles has been appointed as ECB Men’s Managing Director.
- The England cricket team represents England and Wales in international cricket. Since 1 January 1997 it has been governed by the England and Wales Cricket Board, having been previously governed by Marylebone Cricket Club from 1903 until the end of 1996.
3. 2020 Asia Cup Cricket
- The Asian Cricket Council has granted the hosting rights of the 2020 Asia cup to the Pakistan Cricket Board.
- The Asian Cricket Council is a cricket organisation which was established in 1983, to promote and develop the sport of cricket in Asia. Subordinate to the International Cricket Council, the council is the continent’s regional administrative body, and currently consists of 43 member associations.
- Daily Current Affairs: December 1
- Daily Current Affairs: December 2
- Daily Current Affairs: December 3
- Daily Current Affairs: December 4
- Daily Current Affairs: December 5
- Daily Current Affairs: December 6
- Daily Current Affairs: December 7
- Daily Current Affairs: December 8
- Daily Current Affairs: December 9
- Daily Current Affairs: December 10
- Daily Current Affairs: December 11
- Daily Current Affairs: December 12
- Daily Current Affairs: December 13
- Daily Current Affairs: December 14
- Daily Current Affairs: December 15