Daily Current Affairs 17 February 2018: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 17 February 2018. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 17 February 2018. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 17 February 2018 Current affairs test.
1. Sex ratio dips in 17 of 21 large states : NITI Aayog
- Gujarat witnessed a dip of 53 points.
- Gujarat, where the ratio fell from 907 females per 1000 males in 2012-14 to 854 females in 2013-15 is followed by Haryana, Rajasthan and Uttarakhand.
2. CBI arrests PNB’s ex-DGM, 2 others in Nirav Modi fraud case
- The CBI arrested ex-DGM Gokulnath Shetty in relation to $1.77-bn Nirav Modi fraud case.
- The apprehended will be produced before a CBI special court in Mumbai.
3. Cauvery dispute SC verdict disappointing : TN CM
- The SC reduced Tamil Nadu’s Cauvery water quota from 192 TMC to 177.25 TMC.
- The CM Edappadi K Palanisami said “We will do our best to ensure that our rights are restrored”.
1. Fake ads bought using PayPal for US election meddling : US
- US Special Counsel Robert Mueller has alleged PayPal was sued to buy fake advertisements on social media to meddle in the 2016 US elections.
- The indictment, which charges 13 Russians, claimed false identities were used to open PayPal accounts to pay for the ads.
2. Iran willing to relax visa norms for India
- Iranian President Hassan Rouhani has said his country will simplify visa norms for India so that people of India find it convenient to sustain their relationship with the people of Iran.
- He said Iran is ready to share its oil, gas and energy resources for the development and progress of India.
3. Pakistan borrows $500 mn from world’s biggest bank : Reports
- Pakistan contracted the loan from the Industrial and Commercial Bank of China.
- The US had suspended a total aid of $1.15 bn to Pak last month over inaction against terrorist havens on its soil.
1. Bitcoin crosses $10,800 for first time in over 2 weeks
- Bitcoin slipped below $6,050 on Feb 6th.
- Bitcoin has a total market capitalisation of over $181 bn.
2. India’s trade deficit rises to 56-month high in January
- India’s trade deficit was its highest led by a surge in imports of precious stones and crude.
- The deficit stood at $16.3 bn.
3. SBI has $212 mn outstanding exposure to PNB fraud case
- SBI has said that it has an exposure of $212 mn with respect to the LoU issued by PNB to Nirav Modi.
- Hong Kong branches of several Indian banks allegedly gave $1.77 bn to Modi-linked firms based on the LoUs.
1. Deep satisfaction on reaching number one : Roger Federer
- Roger Federer became the oldest world number one in history.
- The 36-yr old first became world number one in 2004 and went on to stay at the position for 237 weeks.
2. Kohli wins 28th Man of Match award
- Indian Captain Virat Kohli has now won the third most Man of the Match awards by an Indian cricketer.
- Kohli is now behind Sourav Ganguly(31) and Sachin Tendulkar(62) among Indians.
- Daily Current Affairs: February 1
- Daily Current Affairs: February 2
- Daily Current Affairs: February 3
- Daily Current Affairs: February 4
- Daily Current Affairs: February 5
- Daily Current Affairs: February 6
- Daily Current Affairs: February 7
- Daily Current Affairs: February 8
- Daily Current Affairs: February 9
- Daily Current Affairs: February 10
- Daily Current Affairs: February 11
- Daily Current Affairs: February 12
- Daily Current Affairs: February 13
- Daily Current Affairs: February 14