Daily Current Affairs 17 January 2019: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 17 January 2019. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 17 January 2019. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 17 January 2019 Current affairs test.
1. Vibrant Gujarat Summit
- PM Modi will inaugurate the 9th edition of the Vibrant Gujarat Summit on 18th January,2019.
- The 9th Vibrant Gujarat 2019 Summit will provide a forum for discussion on Global, National and State-level agendas with a sharp focus on all round economic development for a ‘New India’.
- The entire idea of Vibrant Gujarat, was conceptualized by then Chief Minister of the Gujarat Narendra Modi. From its beginnings in 2003, Vibrant Gujarat has now become a global networking platform, for all States of India, to participate, and promote investment.
- President of Uzbekistan Shavkat Mirziyoyev will attend the Vibrant Gujarat Summit as chief guest.
2. Lenin Rajendran passes away
- Malayalam director and screenwriter Lenin Rajendran has passed away at 67.
- Lenin Rajendran was an Indian film director and screenwriter who worked in Malayalam cinema. He served as the chairman of Kerala State Film Development Corporation from 2016 to January 2019.
3. Gandhi Peace Prize
- The International Gandhi Peace Prize, named after Mahatma Gandhi, is awarded annually by the Government of India. As a tribute to the ideals espoused by Gandhi, the Government of India launched the International Gandhi Peace Prize in 1995 on the occasion of the 125th birth anniversary of Mohandas Gandhi.
- 2018 :- Yohei Sasakawa from Japan for his contribution in Leprosy Eradication in India and across the world.
- 2017 :- Ekal Abhiyan Trust from India for the contribution in providing Education for Rural and Tribal Children in remote areas pan India, Rural Empowerment, Gender and Social Equality.
1. 2019 Japan Prize
- Dr. Rattan Lal (India born) was honoured for identifying technological options adapted to various ecosystems and factors of soil degradation caused by inappropriate biological production.
- He is University Professor of Soil Science at The Ohio State University in Columbus, Ohio, USA
2. Franco-German Human Rights Award
- Lawyer Yu Wensheng from China has won a Franco-German human rights award.
- The award is for his ‘exceptional contribution’ to the protection and promotion of human rights.
3. Global Aviation Summit 2019
- ‘Global Aviation Summit 2019’ was inaugurated by Civil Aviation Minister Suresh Prabhu in Mumbai.
- Theme :- ‘Flying for all-especially the next 6 Billion’
- It was organized by Ministry of Civil Aviation with FICCI.
1. New Acquisition of Byju’s.
- Byju’s has acquired Osmo, a USA maker of educational games, for $120 million.
- BYJU’S – The Learning App is the popular brand name for Think and Learn Private Ltd., a Bangalore-based educational technology and online tutoring firm. It was founded in 2011 by Byju Raveendran at Bangalore, Karnataka, India. BYJU’S was the first investment in Asia from the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative.
2. GoM for GST issues in real estate
- Government has drafted a seven-member Group of Ministers (GoM) for GST issue in real estate sector.
- It will be headed by Deputy Chief Minister of Gujarat Nitin Patel.
3. $5 billion worth Oil and Gas from USA
- Acc. to India’s Ambassador to the US Harsh Vardhan Shringla in US-India Business Council, India will purchase USD 5 billion worth of Oil and Gas from USA every year.
- The bilateral trade has increased from USD 119 billion to USD 140 billion.
4. GoM for GST issues in lottery trade
- Government has drafted an eight-member Group of Ministers (GoM) for GST issue in lottery trade and business.
- The panel will be headed by Maharashtra Finance Minister Sudhir Mungantiwar
1. Petr Cech announces retirement
- Arsenal goalkeeper Petr Cech from Czech Republic has announced his retirement from professional football.
- Arsenal Football Club is a professional football club based in Islington, London, England, that plays in the Premier League, the top flight of English football.
2. First National EMRS National Sports Meet 2019
- First National Level Sports Meet for the students of Eklavya Model Residential Schools was held at GMC Balayogi Stadium, Hyderabad.
- It was inaugurated by Jaswantsinh Sumanbhai Bhabhor, Minister of State for Tribal Affairs
- Ekalavya Model Residential School is a Government of India scheme for model residential school for Indian tribals across India. It was established by the Tribal Ministry, Government of India. The government gives one time ₹30 lakh grant for establishing the school, thereafter up to ₹30 lakh per school annually.
3. World’s Second Youngest Grand Master
- D Gukesh from Tamil Nadu has become the 2nd Youngest Grand Master in the world and the youngest Grand Master in India.
- At 12 years, 7 months and 17 days, He surpassed the mark set by R Praggnanandhaa (Tamil Nadu) in June 2018.
- Daily Current Affairs: January 1
- Daily Current Affairs: January 2
- Daily Current Affairs: January 3
- Daily Current Affairs: January 4
- Daily Current Affairs: January 5
- Daily Current Affairs: January 6
- Daily Current Affairs: January 7
- Daily Current Affairs: January 8
- Daily Current Affairs: January 9
- Daily Current Affairs: January 10
- Daily Current Affairs: January 11
- Daily Current Affairs: January 12
- Daily Current Affairs: January 13
- Daily Current Affairs: January 14
- Daily Current Affairs: January 15