Daily Current Affairs 17 July 2017: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 17 July 2017. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 17 July 2017. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 17 July 2017 Current affairs test.
1. Bomb Blast in Imphal
- A high intensity Improvised Explosive Device exploded in Soibam Leikai area of Imphal.
- No casualty was reported.
2. Air-dropping of food packets in Rayagada
- Odisha government started air-dropping food packets in the flood hit regions of Kalyansinghpur and Rayagada blocks.
- The government has also set up free kitchens for flood affected people.
- The State Health Department are keeping a close watch for the outbreak of contagious diseases.
3.DIG Roopa transferred post report on irregularities in prison
- In the aftermath after her report against senior officials pertaining to irregularities in Bengaluru Central Prison, she was transferred out of Prisons Department to the Commissioner for Traffic and Road Safety of Bengaluru.
- Among other transfers, N.S.Megharik, ADGP Anti Corruption Bureau has been transferred to Additional Director General of Police, Prisons.
4.India’s next President
- The secret ballot vote that took place today will decide India’s next President by 20th July,2017.
- Kovind is likely to have swept the elections with 70% of electoral college backing him. However cross voting is possible.
- With all 67 MLAs casting their votes for 14th Presidential Poll Himachal Pradesh recorded 100% voting.
1.Pak’s Army Chief to decide Jadhav’s appeal on merit
- Mr.Jadhav filed a mercy petition before Pakistan Army Chief General Qamar Javed Bajwa after the Military Appellate Court rejected his appeal.
- General Bajwa is stated to be analysing the evidence against Jadhav and will decide on Jadhav’s appeal for merit.
2. Baghdadi almost certainly alive: Kurdish Security Official
- After speculation that Islamic State leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi was killed, a Kurdish Security Official said he was 99 percent sure that he is alive.
- The report of his death came days after Iraqi Army recaptured Mosul.
3.Chinese Army conducts live-fire drills in Tibet
- The People’s Liberation Army conducted five live fire exercises in South West China’s Tibet Autonomous Region
- The live fire drills included quick delivery of troops .
- A video posted online showed soldiers using anti-tank grenades and missiles against bunkers for artillery coverage.
4.EU considering tougher sanctions on North Korea.
- The European Union(EU) is considering tougher sanctions on North Korea after ICBM test.
- The EU also offered European support for South Korean efforts to negotiate with North Korea.
1 .Uber suspends ride sharing services in Macau
- As it has not been able to fully unlock the benefits of ride sharing in Macau, Uber will suspend its opeartions.
- Uber said on its website “We are already exploring ways to serve the city again, and have had initial discussions with partners, including transport operators and hotels”.
2. Google plans to double the team for cloud business in India
- Google gets ready to battle against Amazon and Microsoft’s dominance in the country.
- Google which has invested $30 billion on building the infrastructure for its cloud platform will open its first cloud region in India this year.
3. Wells Fargo to reduce businesses
- The plan to reduce the number of businesses is to regain investor confidence after the fake account scandal.
- Wells Fargo recently announced that it would pay $142 million to its customers over its practice of creating fake accounts and credit cards for customers without their knowledge.
4. Mahindra Group to invest $1 billion in US
- The group aims at doubling revenues from the US Market to $5 billion in the over the next five years.
- They currently employ about 3000 people and plan to increase the headcount as they focus on expanding operations..
1.Career best singles ranking for Ramkumar
- The 22 year old tennis player from Chennai, Ramkumar Ramanathan improved his career best rank to 168 in singles after finishing as a runner up in Winnetka Challenger in US.
- He jumped 16 places up the ladder with the 48 points he earned in the match.
2. Shikar Dhawan replaces Murali Vijay for SriLanka Test Series
- Post wrist injury in Australia Tour of India, Murali Vijay complained of pain while playing the preparatory match.
- The BCCI said Shikar Dhawan will replace Murali Vijay for the three match Test Series.
3.Harinder Sandhu wins Victorian Open squash tournament.
- Indian squash player Harinder Pal Sindhu won his 2nd title by beating top seeded rex Hedrick of Australia.
- Last week he had won the South Australian Open squash tournament.
4.Indian Women looses to Argentina still reaches HWL Semi-Finals last 8.
- The Indian women’s hockey team lost their final Pool B game of the Hockey World League Semi-Finals 0-3 to Argentina in Johannesburg on Sunday.
- India has qualified for the quarter-finals, finishing fourth out of five teams in Pool B.
- Daily Current Affairs: July 1
- Daily Current Affairs: July 2
- Daily Current Affairs: July 3
- Daily Current Affairs: July 4
- Daily Current Affairs: July 5
- Daily Current Affairs: July 6
- Daily Current Affairs: July 7
- Daily Current Affairs: July 8
- Daily Current Affairs: July 9
- Daily Current Affairs: July 10
- Daily Current Affairs: July 11
- Daily Current Affairs: July 12
- Daily Current Affairs: July 13
- Daily Current Affairs: July 14
- Daily Current Affairs: July 15
- Daily Current Affairs: July 16
- Daily Current Affairs: July 17
- Daily Current Affairs: July 18
- Daily Current Affairs: July 19
- Daily Current Affairs: July 20
- Daily Current Affairs: July 21
- Daily Current Affairs: July 22
- Daily Current Affairs: July 23
- Daily Current Affairs: July 24
- Daily Current Affairs: July 25
- Daily Current Affairs: July 26
- Daily Current Affairs: July 27
- Daily Current Affairs: July 28
- Daily Current Affairs: July 29
- Daily Current Affairs: July 30
- Daily Current Affairs: July 31