Daily Current Affairs 17 July 2019: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 17 July 2019. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 17 July 2019. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 17 July 2019 Current affairs test.
1. Golden Jubilee Edition of International Film Festival of India
- The Golden Jubilee Edition of International Film Festival of India will be held from 20th Nov till 28th November 2019 in Panaji, Goa.
- Russia will be the partner country at Golden Jubilee Edition of International Film Festival of India.
- Minister for Information and Broadcasting: Prakash Javadekar.
2. PM Shram Yogi Maandhan Scheme
- Over 30 lakh persons enrolled under PM Shram Yogi Maandhan Scheme.
- Pradhan MantriShram Yogi Maan-dhan is a central government scheme meant for old age protection and social security of Unorganised Workers.
- Unorganised Workers (UW) are mostly engaged as rickshaw pullers, street vendors, mid-day meal workers, head loaders, brick kiln workers, cobblers, rag pickers, domestic workers, washer men, home-based workers, own account workers, agricultural workers, construction workers, beedi workers, handloom workers, leather workers, audio- visual workers or in similar other occupations.
3. Raja Dhale passes away
- Raja Dhale co-founder of Dalit Panther has passed away.
- The Dalit Panthers are a social organisation that seeks to combat caste discrimination.
- Raja Dhale was an Indian writer, artist and activist for Dalit rights. In April 1972, he, along with Namdeo Dhasal and Arun Krushnaji Kamble, founded the Dalit Panthers, a militant organization dedicated to fighting for the rights of the Dalit community.
- Dalit Panther is a youth-based organisation inspired by the Black Panther outfit of African Americans in USA.
1. 50 years of Apollo 11 Mission
- Apollo 11 was the spaceflight that first landed humans on the Moon. Commander Neil Armstrong and lunar module pilot Buzz Aldrin, both American, landed the Apollo Lunar Module Eagle on July 20, 1969, at 20:17 UTC.
- Apollo 11 was the first manned mission to land on the Moon. The first steps by humans on another planetary body were taken by Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin.
- Administrator of NASA : James Frederick Bridenstine || Headquarter: Washington.
2. Baba Guru Nanak University
- Pakistan Punjab Province’s chief minister has laid foundation stone of Baba Guru Nanak University at Nanakana Sahib.
- Pakistan: Prime minister: Imran Khan || Capital: Islamabad || Currency: Pakistani rupee || Population: 19.7 crores 2017 || President: Arif Alvi
3. World Day for International Justice
- World Day for International Justice, also referred to as Day of International Criminal Justice or International Justice Day, is an international day celebrated throughout the world on July 17.
- It is as part of an effort to recognize the emerging system of international criminal justice.
1. HDFC Bank with Luxembourg Stock Exchange
- HDFC Bank is terminated and delisted its GDRs from Luxembourg Stock Exchange.
- A Global Depository Receipt (GDR) is a general name for a depository receipt where a certificate issued by a depository bank, which purchases shares of foreign companies, creates a security on a local exchange backed by those shares.
- The Luxembourg Stock Exchange, LuxSE is based in Luxembourg City at 35A boulevard Joseph II. The Chairman of the Board is Frank Wagener and the President of the Executive Committee and Chief Executive Officer is Robert Scharfe.
2. New General Provident Fund Interest Rate
- The interest rate on General Provident Fund (GPF) has been cut by 10 basis points to 7.9% from 8.0%.
- General Provident Fund account is a provident fund account which is available for government employees. A government employee can become a member of the fund by contributing a certain percentage of their salary to the account.
3. Justice AK Sikri at Singapore International Commercial Court
- Former Supreme Court Judge Justice AK Sikri has been appointed as an international judge of Singapore International Commercial Court.
- Arjan Kumar Sikri is an eminent jurist and a former judge of the Supreme Court of India. He was sworn in as a Supreme Court judge on 12 April 2013. Earlier, he had served as the Chief Justice of the Punjab and Haryana High Court. He retired as senior most puisne judge of Supreme Court of India on 6 March 2019.
1. Kladno Memorial Athletics Meet
- Sprinter Hima Das has won Gold in women’s 200 m event at Kladno Memorial Athletics Meet at Kladno, Czech Republic.
- Hima Das, nicknamed the Dhing Express, is an Indian sprint runner from the state of Assam. She holds the current Indian national record in 400 metres with a timing of 50.79 s that she clocked at the 2018 Asian Games in Jakarta, Indonesia.
2. World University Games 2019
- Japan Has topped the Charts at World University Games 2019 in Napoli, Italy with 82 Medals overall.
- 1. Japan (33 Golds || 21 Silver || 28 Bronze).
- 2. Russia
- 3. China
- India is at 29th Position with 1 Gold, 1 Silver and 2 Bronze.
3. British Grand Prix
- Lewis Hamilton of British has won sixth British Grand Prix defeating Valtteri Bottas of Finland.
- The British Grand Prix is a race in the calendar of the FIA Formula One World Championship. It is currently held at the Silverstone Circuit near the village of Silverstone in Northamptonshire in England.
- Lewis Carl Davidson Hamilton MBE is a British racing driver who races in Formula One for Mercedes-AMG Petronas Motorsport. A five-time Formula One World Champion, he is often considered the best driver of his generation and widely regarded as one of the greatest drivers in the history of the sport.
- Valtteri Viktor Bottas is a Finnish racing driver currently competing in Formula One with Mercedes, having previously driven for Williams from 2013 to 2016.
- Daily Current Affairs: July 1
- Daily Current Affairs: July 2
- Daily Current Affairs: July 3
- Daily Current Affairs: July 4
- Daily Current Affairs: July 5
- Daily Current Affairs: July 6
- Daily Current Affairs: July 7
- Daily Current Affairs: July 8
- Daily Current Affairs: July 9
- Daily Current Affairs: July 10
- Daily Current Affairs: July 11
- Daily Current Affairs: July 12
- Daily Current Affairs: July 13
- Daily Current Affairs: July 14
- Daily Current Affairs: July 15
- Daily Current Affairs: July 16
- Daily Current Affairs: July 17
- Daily Current Affairs: July 18
- Daily Current Affairs: July 19
- Daily Current Affairs: July 20
- Daily Current Affairs: July 21
- Daily Current Affairs: July 22
- Daily Current Affairs: July 23
- Daily Current Affairs: July 24
- Daily Current Affairs: July 25
- Daily Current Affairs: July 26
- Daily Current Affairs: July 27
- Daily Current Affairs: July 28
- Daily Current Affairs: July 29
- Daily Current Affairs: July 30
- Daily Current Affairs: July 31