Daily Current Affairs 17 June 2018: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 17 June 2018. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 17 June 2018. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 17 June 2018 Current affairs test.
1. Fourth meeting of NITI Aayog’s Governing Council has begun at the Rashtrapati Bhavan in New Delhi
- The meeting will be chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
- Various issues have been expected to be discuss on this meeting including measures taken to double farmers’ income.
2. States collect taxes worth Rs 10,000 crore online post e-Governance initiatives: Road Ministry
- According to a report of the Road Transport and Highway ministry , states have collected taxes worth Rs. 10000 crore under Government’s e-governance initiative.
- The government has set up a consolidated nation-wise transport database and launched citizens and trade-centric applications .
3. Telangana govt to set up Child Protection Units in all 31 districts
- Telangana govt to set up ‘District Child Protection Units (DCPU)’ in all 31 districts to protect the children from child abuse ,child labour and also to implement the child rights in all districts.
- The main aim of the development of DCPU is to protection of children, besides anti-trafficking and also to implement juvenile justice act.
1. SAARC Development Fund will soon be launching a social enterprise development programme (SEDP)
- SAARC Development Fund will soon be launching a social enterprise development programme (SEDP) to fund 80 entities annually across the 8-member states including India.
- SDF would create access to financial services which can boost job creation, raise income, reduce vulnerability and increase investments in human capital in — Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Maldives, Nepal, Pakistan and Sri Lanka (SAARC members).
2. Russia successfully launched Glonass- M positioning satellite
- Russia successfully launched a Glonass- M positioning satellite using a Soyuz-2.1b carrier rocket.
- The Glonass network provides real-time positioning data for surface, sea and airborne objects around the globe, at an accuracy reportedly at par with the U.S. Global Positioning System.
3. World Day to Combat Desertification and Drought
- The World Day to Combat Desertification (WDCD) will be celebrated worldwide on 17th June.
- The focus will be on sustainable land management as a way to regenerate economies, create jobs and revitalise communities.
1. FDI Report 2018 compiled by FDI Intelligence
- US surpasses India as top greenfield FDI investment destination globally ; China tops in the Asia-Pacific Region
- The US reclaimed the spot from India, recording USD 87.4 billion of announced Foreign Direct Investment (FDI). The number of projects for the US was 1,627.
2. WhatsApp Introduced payments service in India
- WhatsApp payment service has been in beta testing and almost one million people are testing the feature. This is being implemented with the help of NPCI and multiple banks.
- It has tied up with banks to facilitate financial transactions via Unified Payments Interface (UPI).
3. Muthoot Fincorp Limited announced its partnership with National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC)
- Muthoot Fincorp Limited has announced its partnership with National Skill Development Corporation to train over 10,000 youth over the next three years and make them job ready.
- With the partnership, Muthoot Fincorp claims to have become the first major private sector player to partner with National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC) to launch the Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana (PMKVY-2) programme.
4. Reliance Industries investing in India’s first carbon fibre unit
- Reliance Industries (RIL) is investing to set up India’s first carbon fibre manufacturing unit to cater to aerospace and defence needs.
- The company will also make low-cost and high-volume composite products like modular toilets, homes and composites for windmill blades and rotor blades.
1. Sri Lanka captain Chandimal charged with ball tampering by ICC
- The ICC has charged Sri Lanka captain Dinesh Chandimal with “changing the condition of the ball” during the second Windies Test in St Lucia.
- This comes after the umpires changed the ball after raising concerns about its condition and awarded Windies five penalty runs.
2. Germany lose their opening game of WC for 1st time in 36 yrs
- Defending champions Germany started their 2018 FIFA World Cup campaign with a 0-1 loss to Mexico.
- This was the first time that Germany lost their opening match at a World Cup since 1982 when they were beaten 1-2 by Algeria. Further, this was only the second victory for Mexico against Germany in 12 attempts.
3. New Zealand’s teenage player Amelia Kerr sets world record in the women’s ODI cricket
- New Zealand teenager Amelia Kerr set a new world batting record in women’s one-day cricket with her unbeaten 232 against Ireland in Dublin.
- With the feat, Kerr broke the 21-year-old record held by Australian Belinda Clarke, who scored unbeaten knock of 229 against Denmark in 1997.
- Daily Current Affairs: June 1
- Daily Current Affairs: June 2
- Daily Current Affairs: June 3
- Daily Current Affairs: June 4
- Daily Current Affairs: June 5
- Daily Current Affairs: June 6
- Daily Current Affairs: June 7
- Daily Current Affairs: June 8
- Daily Current Affairs: June 9
- Daily Current Affairs: June 10
- Daily Current Affairs: June 11
- Daily Current Affairs: June 12
- Daily Current Affairs: June 13
- Daily Current Affairs: June 14
- Daily Current Affairs: June 15