Daily Current Affairs 17 March 2019: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 17 March 2019. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 17 March 2019. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 17 March 2019 Current affairs test.
1. National Vaccination Day 2019
- National Vaccination Day 2019 was observed on 16th March.
- On this day in 1995, the first dose of oral vaccine against polio was given in India.
2. Geographical Indication (GI) Tags
- 1. Coorg Arabica Coffee (Karnataka)
- 2. Wayanad Robusta Coffee (Kerala)
- 3. Chikmagalur Arabica Coffee (Karnataka)
- 4. Araku Valley Arabica Coffee (Andhra Pradesh)
- 5. Bababudangiris Arabica Coffee (Karnataka)
3. Observers App
- Election Commission of India ‘Observers app’ for important notifications, alerts, and urgent messages alert.
- Over 1800 IAS, IPS and IRS officials, officials of Central services will be deployed as observers in the upcoming Election 2019.
- The Election Commission of India is an autonomous constitutional authority responsible for administering election processes in India.
4. ‘Jammu and Kashmir Peoples’ Movement’
- Former IAS officer Shah Faesal has launched a political party named ‘Jammu and Kashmir Peoples’ Movement’ in Srinagar.
- Shah Faesal is an independent politician and former Indian bureaucrat from Jammu and Kashmir. In 2009, he became the first Kashmiri to top the Indian Civil Services Examination. He resigned from the Indian bureaucracy on 9 January 2019 citing “unabated killings” in Kashmir among other things.
1. Exercise ‘Sary-Arka-Antiterror 2019’
- Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO) will take part in a joint anti-terrorism exercise ‘Sary-Arka-Antiterror 2019’.
- The Shanghai Cooperation Organization, or Shanghai Pact, is a Eurasian political, economic, and security alliance, the creation of which was announced on 15 June 2001 in Shanghai, China.
- Headquarters: Beijing, China || Deputy Secretaries General: Sabyr Imandosov; Wang Kaiwen; Aziz Nosirov; Vladimir Potapenko || Secretary General: Vladimir Norov || Abbreviation: SCO || Official language: Chinese and Russian
- Members :- China, Russia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Uzbekistan, Tajikistan, India, Pakistan
2. UN Environment Assembly (UNEA-4)
- The 4th Edition of the UN Environment Assembly (UNEA-4) was held in Nairobi, Kenya.
- Theme :- ‘Innovative Solutions for Environmental Challenges and Sustainable Consumption and Production’.
3. BRICS Sherpa Meeting
- The first BRICS Sherpa meeting held in Curitiba, Brazil under the Presidency of Brazil.
- A sherpa is the personal representative of a head of state or government who prepares an international summit, particularly the annual G7 and G20 or BRICS summits. Between the G7 summits there are multiple sherpa conferences where possible agreements are laid out.
- BRICS is the acronym coined for an association of five major emerging national economies: Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa. Originally the first four were grouped as “BRIC”, before the induction of South Africa in 2011.
4. Namaste Thailand festival
- The 3rd edition of Namaste Thailand festival was held in New Delhi.
- It was organised by the Royal Thai Embassy.
1. Bandhan Bank’s New Acquisition
- Bandhan Bank has received RBI Approval for the proposed acquisition of Gruh Finance.
- Bandhan Bank Ltd. is an Indian banking and financial services company headquartered in Kolkata, West Bengal. Bandhan, which started as a micro-finance company in 2001, received banking licence by Reserve Bank of India in 2014. Bandhan Bank became the 8th largest bank in India by market capital.
- Headquarters: Kolkata || CEO: Chandra Shekhar Ghosh || Chairperson: Harun Rasid Khan || Founder: Chandra Shekhar Ghosh
2. ISRO with IIT Roorkee
- ISRO and IIT Roorkee have signed an MoU for setting up ISRO-IITR Space Technology Cell (STC) at IIT Roorkee.
- The Indian Space Research Organisation is the space agency of the Government of India headquartered in the city of Bengaluru. Its vision is to “harness space technology for national development while pursuing space science research and planetary exploration.”
3. Card-less ATM Withdrawals
- State Bank of India has launched ‘YONO Cash’ for card-less withdrawal of cash at SBI ATMs
- YONO (You Only Need One) is an integrated digital banking platform offered by State Bank of India (SBI) to enable users to access a variety of financial and other services and bill payments. YONO is offered as a smartphone app for both Android and iOS.
4. New Chairman of Acuite Ratings and Research
- SS Mundra has been appointed as chairman of Acuite Ratings and Research.
- SS Mundra has served as Deputy Governor of Reserve Bank of India and as Chairman and Managing Director of Bank of Baroda.
- Acuite Rating CEO and ED: Sankar Chakraborti
1. Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy
- Karnataka has defeated Maharashtra in the final to win Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy.
- The Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy is a Twenty20 cricket domestic championship in India, organized by Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI), among the teams from Ranji Trophy.
- The 2008-09 season was the inaugural season for this trophy. It is named after a famous Indian cricketer, Syed Mushtaq Ali. In June 2016, the BCCI announced that the championship would be scrapped and replaced with a zonal-based competition.
2. Charlie Whiting passes away
- FIA Formula One director Charlie Whiting has passed away at 66.
- Charlie Whiting was a British motorsports director. He most notably served as the FIA Formula One Race Director, Safety Delegate, Permanent Starter and head of the F1 Technical Department.
3. Ban on Russia over doping
- IAAF has decided to uphold Russia ban over doping until further notice.
- International Association of Athletics Federations (IAAF) had banned Russia in November 2015 because of evidence of state-sponsored doping.
- The International Association of Athletics Federations is the international governing body for the sport of athletics. It was founded on 17 July 1912 as the International Amateur Athletic Federation by representatives from 17 national athletics federations at the organization’s first congress in Stockholm, Sweden.
- Headquarters: Monaco || President: Sebastian Coe || Founded: 17 July 1912, Stockholm, Sweden
4. U-17 Women’s Football World Cup
- India will host the Under-17 Women’s Football World Cup in 2020.
- President: Gianni Infantino || Headquarters: Zürich, Switzerland || Abbreviation: FIFA || Founded at: Paris, France || Founded: 21 May 1904, Rue Saint-Honoré, Paris, France
- Daily Current Affairs: March 1
- Daily Current Affairs: March 2
- Daily Current Affairs: March 3
- Daily Current Affairs: March 4
- Daily Current Affairs: March 5
- Daily Current Affairs: March 6
- Daily Current Affairs: March 7
- Daily Current Affairs: March 8
- Daily Current Affairs: March 9
- Daily Current Affairs: March 10
- Daily Current Affairs: March 11
- Daily Current Affairs: March 12
- Daily Current Affairs: March 13
- Daily Current Affairs: March 14
- Daily Current Affairs: March 15
- Daily Current Affairs: March 16
- Daily Current Affairs: March 17
- Daily Current Affairs: March 18
- Daily Current Affairs: March 19
- Daily Current Affairs: March 20
- Daily Current Affairs: March 21
- Daily Current Affairs: March 22
- Daily Current Affairs: March 23
- Daily Current Affairs: March 24
- Daily Current Affairs: March 25
- Daily Current Affairs: March 26
- Daily Current Affairs: March 27
- Daily Current Affairs: March 28
- Daily Current Affairs: March 29
- Daily Current Affairs: March 30
- Daily Current Affairs: March 31