Daily Current Affairs 17 May 2018: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 17 May 2018. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 17 May 2018. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 17 May 2018 Current affairs test.
1. BS Yeddyurappa takes oath as CM
- This comes after the SC refused to stay Governor Vajubhai Vala’s decision to invite BJP to form the govt in Karnataka.
- The CM has been given 15 days to prove majority.
2. Single largest parties seek to form Govts
- Congress and RJD, single largest parties in Goa and Bihar seek to form the govt.
- This comes after BJP is allowed to form govt in Karnataka in spite of not proving majority.
3. Cabinet nods head for university in Andhra
- A central university will be set up in Anantpur.
- Rs.450 cr has been approved by HRD Minister Prakash Javedkar.
1. Delhi to become world’s most populous city
- India will become most populous country and Delhi will be most populous city in 2028.
- India, Nigeria and China will account of 1/3rd of world’s population in 2050.
2. Pak tests its metro service
- The metro train service comes under the $50 bn China-Pak Economic Corridor.
- The test run of the OLMT was inaugurated by Punjab’s CM Shehbaz Sharif.
3. Philippines lifts ban on Kuwait
- Prez Rodrigo Duterte ordered to lift the ban on the deployment of Filipino workers to Kuwait.
- Relations between the nations were strained after Philippines rescued domestic workers in Kuwait.
1. Tencent shares hiked by 47,000% in 14 yrs
- Tencent added $18 bn in market cap after it posted a 61% rise in net profit.
- Its current market capitalization is $511 bn.
2. Malaysia to stop collecting GST
- The GST will be reduced to 0% effective from June 1.
- It was introduced in Malaysia in 2015 to offset a fall in oil revenue.
3. Tata Steel posts high profit in March quarter
- The company posted a net profit of Rs.10,187 cr compared to loss of Rs.725 cr in the corresponding quarter last year.
- The gain is a result of restructuring the UK pension scheme.
1. Nepalese climbs Mt.Everest for 22nd time
- Kami Rita set the record for the most successful climbs of Mount Everest.
- The previous record is 21 attempts jointly held by him and 2 others.
2. KXIP lose 4th match in a row
- MI won over KXIP by 3 runs.
- MI is in 4th position and KXIP slipped to 6th position in the IPL 2018 table.
- Daily Current Affairs: May 1
- Daily Current Affairs: May 2
- Daily Current Affairs: May 3
- Daily Current Affairs: May 4
- Daily Current Affairs: May 5
- Daily Current Affairs: May 6
- Daily Current Affairs: May 7
- Daily Current Affairs: May 8
- Daily Current Affairs: May 9
- Daily Current Affairs: May 10
- Daily Current Affairs: May 11
- Daily Current Affairs: May 12
- Daily Current Affairs: May 13
- Daily Current Affairs: May 14
- Daily Current Affairs: May 15