Daily Current Affairs 17 November 2017: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 17 November 2017. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 17 November 2017. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 17 November 2017 Current affairs test.
1.Legendary Hindi Poet Kunwar Narayan passes away.
- Eminent Hindi poet and Janpith awardee Kunwar Narayan passed away in New Delhi.
- Kunwar Narayan was honored with Janpith Award in 2005 and Padma Bhushan in 2009.
2. Documentary on Kejriwal ‘An Insignificant Man’ hits theatres.
- ’An Insignificant Man’, a documentary on Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal was released today.
3.Mumbai metro launches QR-based mobile ticketing facility.
- Mumbai Metro launched India’s first QR-based mobile ticketing facility called Skiiip Q.
- Commuters now will be able to buy tickets using the app and generate a QR code, which will be scanned at automated fare collection gates to allow access to platforms.
1.Kevin Lilliana of Indonesia won Miss International 2017.
- Kevin Lilliana of Indonesia was crowned Miss International 2017 by Verzosa in Tokyo, beating 68-candidates from across the globe.
2.US approves first pill with Digital Tracking device.
- The Food and Drug Administration has approved the first drug in the United States with a digital ingestion tracking system, in an unprecedented move to ensure that patients with mental illness take the medicine prescribed for them.
- The drug Abilify MyCite, developed by Otsuka Pharmaceutical was first approved in 2002 to treat Schizophrenia.
3.Syria signs up Paris Agreement on Climate Change.
- Syria has officially signed up to the Paris Agreement, leaving the United States as the only country to reject the global climate rescue pact.
- War-torn Syria became the 169th of 196 countries that are member of the UN Climate Convention to take legal step of ratification.
1.4th Global Conference on Eradication of Child Labour held in Argentina.
- The 4th Global Conference on the Sustained Eradication of Child Labour was organized by the Government of Argentina and was held in Buenos Aires.
- Buenos Aires Is the Capital city of Argentina.
2.Moody’s upgrades India’s sovereign rating for first time in 14 years.
- International Rating Agency Moody’s Investors Service has upgraded India’s local and foreign currency issuer rating to Baa2 from Baa3 and changed the outlook on the rating to stable from positive.
- Moody’s has also upgraded India’s local currency senior unsecured rating to Baa2 from Baa3 and its short-term local currency rating to P-2 from P-3.
3.RBI Governor Urjit Patel appointed to advisory board of BIS.
- RBI Governor Urjit Patel was appointed to the Financial Stability Institute Advisory Board of the Bank of International Settlement(BIS).
- The Bank of International Settlement is a global financial organization owned by major central banks from across the world.
1.France to host Rugby World Cup 2023.
- France will host the 2023 Rugby World Cup to stage one of the World’s best attended and lucrative sporting events.
- The country beat strong bids by South Africa and Ireland.
2.Leander Paes and Raja lifts Knoxville challenger title.
- Indian tennis duo of Leander Paes and Purav Raja lifted the Knoxville Challenger Title after clinching a fighting win in the finals of men’s double event in Tennessee.
- The top-seeded pair fought hard in two consecutive tie-breaks to defeat the American-Australian duo.
- Daily Current Affairs: November 1
- Daily Current Affairs: November 2
- Daily Current Affairs: November 3
- Daily Current Affairs: November 4
- Daily Current Affairs: November 5
- Daily Current Affairs: November 6
- Daily Current Affairs: November 7
- Daily Current Affairs: November 8
- Daily Current Affairs: November 9
- Daily Current Affairs: November 10
- Daily Current Affairs: November 11
- Daily Current Affairs: November 12
- Daily Current Affairs: November 13
- Daily Current Affairs: November 14
- Daily Current Affairs: November 15