Daily Current Affairs 17 November 2018: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 17 November 2018. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 17 November 2018. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 17 November 2018 Current affairs test.
1. Andhra’s State Emblem
- Andhra Pradesh Govt. has finalised its new emblem for official use.
- It is inspired by the Amaravati School of Art, consists of ‘Dhamma Chakka’ (Wheel of Law).
- The National Emblem is placed at the bottom of the emblem.
2. India’s first elephant hospital
- India’s first elephant hospital has started in Mathura, UP.
- Chief minister: Yogi Adityanath || Governor: Ram Naik || Districts: 75
3. e-learning portal ‘NIPUN’
- Delhi Police has launched an e-learning portal ‘NIPUN’ to induct in-service training to its personnel.
- The Portal is launched by Delhi Police Commissioner Amulya Patnaik.
4. National Press Day
- National Press Day was celebrated on November 16.
- National Press Day is celebrated to commemorate the establishment of the Press Council of India. Formed in 1966.
1. Oxford Word of the Year
- ‘Toxic’ has been declared as Oxford Word of the Year.
- ‘Gaslighting’ and ‘techlash’ are among runners-up. The word that best captures the “ethos, mood, or preoccupations” of 2018 is “toxic,” according to Oxford Dictionary, which this week crowned the acetic adjective its word of the year.
2. World Tolerance Summit (WTS) 2018
- The World Tolerance Summit (WTS) 2018 was inaugurated on November 16 in Dubai, UAE.
- It was on the occasion of International Day for Tolerance that is on November 16.
- Theme :- ‘Prospering from Pluralism: Embracing Diversity through Innovation and Collaboration’.
3. Various Asian Development Bank’s Loan to India
- 1. To support India Infrastructure Finance Company Ltd (IIFCL) of worth $300-million.
- 2. To develop water and sanitation services in Tamil Nadu of worth $169 million.
- 3. To support hydropower transmission in Himachal Pradesh of worth $105 million.
1. ‘Doodle for Google 2018’ contest
- ‘Pingla Rahul More’, 13 Year old from Mumbai, is the national winner of ‘Doodle for Google’ competition.
- This year’s theme is “What inspires me”.
2. New Apple India head
- Ashish Chowdhary has been appointed as Chief Customer Operations Officer at Nokia Networks, as its India operation head by Apple Inc.
- Apple Inc. :- Founded: 1 April 1976, California, USA || Headquarters: Cupertino, California, USA || Founders: Steve Jobs, Steve Wozniak, Ronald Wayne
3. RBI to inject liquidity
- RBI will inject Rs 12,000 crore into the market by purchasing government securities.
- It will conduct purchase of government securities under Open Market Operations.
- The Open Market Operations refers to the sale and purchase of government securities and treasury bills by the central bank of the country with a view to regulate the supply of money in the economy.
4. Microsoft’s New Acquisition
- Microsoft has announced to acquire Texas-based ‘XOXCO Company’.
- ‘XOXCO’ is a conversational Artificial Intelligence (AI) and bot development Company.
1. Roshan Lal Sethi passes away
- Sports Journalist Roshan Lal Sethi has passed away
- He started his sports journalism career in 1964 with ‘Motherland’ newspaper.
2. IBSF billiards
- Cueist Pankaj Advani won third IBSF billiards Title.
- Pankaj Arjan Advani is an English billiards and former snooker player from India. He is a 21-time World Champion and has achieved a hat-trick of hat-tricks in English billiards, holding the World, Asian, and Indian National Championship titles simultaneously, in three different years: 2005, 2008 and 2012 and recently in 2017.
3. John Hastings has retired
- Australia all-rounder John Hastings(cricket) has retired from all cricket.
- Cricket Australia :- CEO: Kevin Roberts || Chairman: Earl Eddings || Headquarters: Melbourne, Australia || Chairperson: Cooper Rowe || Chief Exec: Kevin Roberts
Try some Quiz Questions now: Current Affairs Quiz,17 November
- Daily Current Affairs: November 1
- Daily Current Affairs: November 2
- Daily Current Affairs: November 3
- Daily Current Affairs: November 4
- Daily Current Affairs: November 5
- Daily Current Affairs: November 6
- Daily Current Affairs: November 7
- Daily Current Affairs: November 8
- Daily Current Affairs: November 9
- Daily Current Affairs: November 10
- Daily Current Affairs: November 11
- Daily Current Affairs: November 12
- Daily Current Affairs: November 13
- Daily Current Affairs: November 14
- Daily Current Affairs: November 15