Daily Current Affairs 17 November 2019: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 17 November 2019. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 17 November 2019. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 17 November 2019 Current affairs test.
1. India’s first Elephant Memorial
- Wildlife SOS has unveiled India’s first Elephant Memorial in Mathura.
- Wildlife SOS is a conservation non-profit in India, established in 1995 with the primary objective of rescuing and rehabilitating wildlife in distress in the country, and preserving India’s natural heritage. It is currently one of the largest Wildlife Organisations in South Asia.
- Founded: 1995 || Headquarters: India || Founders: Kartick Satyanarayan, Geeta Seshamani
2. Kolkata International Film Festival
- Spanish movie ‘The Weeping Woman’ (La Llorona) has won Golden Royal Bengal Tiger Award for the Best Film in International Competition of the 25th Kolkata International Film Festival (KIFF).
- Synopsis: In 1970s Los Angeles, the legendary ghost La Llorona is stalking the night — and the children. Ignoring the eerie warning of a troubled mother, a social worker and her own kids are drawn into a frightening supernatural realm. Their only hope of surviving La Llorona’s deadly wrath is a disillusioned priest who practices mysticism to keep evil at bay.
3. Andhra Pradesh Chief Secretary
- Nilam Sawhney has been appointed as the first woman Chief Secretary of Andhra Pradesh.
- Capitals: Amaravati || Tree: Neem || Governor: Biswabhusan Harichandan || Chief minister: Y. S. Jaganmohan Reddy
4. ‘Nadu-Nedu’ programme
- Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister YS Jagan Mohan Reddy has launched the ‘Nadu-Nedu’ programme
- ‘Nadu-Nedu’ programme which aims at transforming government schools into vibrant and competitive institutions.
1. UK India Business Council
- The UK India Business Council has released its 5th annual Doing Business in India Report.
- It is a survey that captured the views of UK companies and higher education institutions on the operating environment in India.
- The UK India Business Council is a membership-based, non-profit organisation founded in 2007 to foster trade and business relations between the United Kingdom and India. The organisation works with businesses in both countries, as well as the UK and Indian governments, to promote and increase bilateral trade.
- Headquarters: London, United Kingdom || Founder: Karan Bilimoria, Baron Bilimoria || Founded: 1993 || Key person: Patricia Hewitt || Type of business: Non-profit organisation
2. SAG Life Achievement award
- Robert De Niro will receive the SAG-AFTRA’s highest tribute: the SAG Life Achievement Award.
- Robert Anthony De Niro Jr. is an American-Italian actor, producer, and director. He is a recipient of numerous accolades, including two Academy Awards, a Golden Globe Award, the Cecil B. DeMille Award, the Golden Lion, the AFI Life Achievement Award, Presidential Medal of Freedom, and has been nominated for six BAFTA Awards, four Primetime Emmy Awards and four Screen Actors Guild Awards.
1. ArcelorMittal’s New Acquisition
- Arcelor Mittal has got the approval from the Supreme Court to complete its Rs 42,000-crore takeover of bankrupt Essar Steel.
- ArcelorMittal S.A. is a multinational steel manufacturing corporation headquartered in Luxembourg City. It was formed in 2006 from the takeover and merger of Arcelor by Indian-owned Mittal Steel.
- Mittal Steel Company N.V. was one of the world’s largest steel producers by volume, and also one of the largest in turnover. The Indian owned company is now part of ArcelorMittal. CEO Lakshmi Mittal’s family owned 88% of the company.
- Successor: ArcelorMittal || Founder: Lakshmi Mittal || Founded: 1989, Kolkata || Headquarters: Rotterdam, Netherlands || Parent organization: ArcelorMittal
2. Nomura slashes India’s GDP for FY20
- Japanese brokerage Nomura has slashed India’s FY20 GDP forecast to 4.9% from 5.7% earlier.
- Nomura Holdings, Inc. is a Japanese financial holding company and a principal member of the Nomura Group.
- CEO: Koji Nagai || Headquarters: Tokyo, Japan
3. Facebook Pay
- Facebook has introduced ‘Facebook Pay’ which is an integrated payments service for all of the social media apps including WhatsApp, Instagram and Messenger, along with its native platform.
- Facebook, Inc. is an American online social media and social networking service company based in Menlo Park, California. It was founded by Mark Zuckerberg, along with fellow Harvard College students and roommates Eduardo Saverin, Andrew McCollum, Dustin Moskovitz and Chris Hughes.
- CEO: Mark Zuckerberg || Headquarters: Menlo Park, California, United States || CFO: David Wehner
1. 2019 World Kabaddi Cup
- The 2019 World Kabaddi Cup will take place from December 1 to 9 and will be organised by Punjab Government.
- This year’s tournament will be dedicated to the 550th birth anniversary of Guru Nanak Dev Ji.
2. Chelsea Football Club with Arjun Kapoor
- Chelsea Football Club has announced its partnership with Bollywood actor Arjun Kapoor as Chelsea FC’s celebrity Brand Ambassador.
- Chelsea Football Club are an English professional football club based in Fulham, London. Founded in 1905, they compete in the Premier League, the top division of English football.
- Manager: Frank Lampard || Arena/Stadium: Stamford Bridge || Owner: Roman Abramovich || Location: Chelsea, London, United Kingdom