Daily Current Affairs 17 October 2017: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 17 October 2017. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 17 October 2017. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 17 October 2017 Current affairs test.
1. BJP India’s richest party with Rs.894 crore : ADR report
- BJP is the richest among the 7 national parties.
- It is followed by Congress which has declared assets worth Rs.759 crore.
2. Delhi ranked among the worst cities in the world for women
- Delhi was ranked 4th on the list of world’s worst megacities after Cairo, Karachi ad Kinshasa for sexual violence against women.
- Tokyo was named the safest city for women.
3. MP cops bust gang that sold bank details online for Rs.500
- The Lahore-based gang that sells bank information of Indians, including debit and credit card details online at Rs.500.
- Police started the probe after a customer reported unauthorised transaction through his card.
1. US-backed forces take full control of ISIS capital Raqqa
- US-backed Syrian rebels have announced that they have full control of Islamic State’s capital in Syria following a 4-month assault.
- A formal declaration of the end of ISIS’ three-year rule of Raqqa is expected to be made soon.
2. Pakistan wins seat on UN Human Rights Council
- Pakistan won more than two-third vote as the General Assembly elected 15 countries.
- The Council consists of 47 members.
3. Nuclear war may break out any moment: North Korea warns UN
- North Korea’s envoy said that they have the right to possess nuclear weapons in self- defence.
- He also added that it is the only country to face an extreme nuclear threat from the US since the 1970s.
1. Apple ordered to pay $440 million in patent dispute
- Apple has been ordered by a US court to pay the sum to the patent-holding firm VirnetX for four patented technologies allegedly used in FaceTime and other iOS apps.
- The iPhone maker plans to appeal this judgement.
2. Hong Kong’s 5th tallest skyscraper sold
- The Centre was sold for $5.15 billion to a consortium led by a Chinese firm.
- CK Asset Holdings, which is owned by Hong Kong’s richest man Li Ka Shing, had sold 75% of its holding in the 73-storey skyscraper.
1.17-year old wins 3 golds at table tennis tournament
- Selena Selvakumar won 3 gold medals in the Egypt Junior and Cadet Table Tennis Open.
- She remained unbeaten all through the 2017 ITTF World Junior Circuit event in Egypt.
Try some Quiz Questions now: Current Affairs Quiz,17 October
- Daily Current Affairs: October 1
- Daily Current Affairs: October 2
- Daily Current Affairs: October 3
- Daily Current Affairs: October 4
- Daily Current Affairs: October 5
- Daily Current Affairs: October 6
- Daily Current Affairs: October 7
- Daily Current Affairs: October 8
- Daily Current Affairs: October 9
- Daily Current Affairs: October 10
- Daily Current Affairs: October 11
- Daily Current Affairs: October 12
- Daily Current Affairs: October 13
- Daily Current Affairs: October 14
- Daily Current Affairs: October 15