Daily Current Affairs 17 October 2018: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 17 October 2018. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 17 October 2018. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 17 October 2018 Current affairs test.
1. ‘Ask Disha’
- It is a new AI-based assistant of IRCTC ‘Ask Disha’ and will solve the most generic queries about FAQs.
- Disha is developed by CoRover(Bengaluru).
2. Prime Ministers’ Museum
- The proposed Museum on Prime Ministers of India will be at Teen Murti Estate, New Delhi.
- Mahesh Sharma(Minister of state for culture) and Hardeep Singh Puri(Minister for Housing and Urban Affairs) jointly had laid the foundation stones for the same.
3. ‘Building a Legacy’ – A Book
- Building a Legacy’ is authored by CA ‘V Pattabhi Ram’ and launched by Venkaiah Naidu.
- This book is a biography of late Anumolu Ramakrishna
- Anumolu Ramakrishna was an Indian civil and structural engineer, corporate executive and the deputy managing director of Larsen & Toubro Construction, the largest construction company in India as per 2013 statistics.
4. Urban Leaders Fellowship Programme
- Delhi Govt. has announced Chief Minister’s Urban Leaders Fellowship Programme.
- Delhi:- Lt. Governor: Shri. Anil Baijal || UNESCO heritage sites: Red Fort, Humayun’s Tomb, Qutub Minar.
1. ASEM Summit
- M Venkaiah Naidu to attend the two-day 12th Asia-Europe Meeting (ASEM) in Brussels, Belgium.
- The theme of the ASEM Summit is ‘Global Partners for Global Challenges’.
2. Paul Allen Passes Away
- Paul Allen at 65, has passed away after battling cancer.
- He co-founded Microsoft in 1975 with Bill Gates before becoming a billionaire philanthropist who invested in conservation, space travel, arts and culture and professional sports.
3. Korean War memorial
- India and South Korea have agreed to build a Korean War memorial in New Delhi.
- President: Moon Jae-in || Capital: Seoul || Currency: South Korean won || Prime minister: Lee Nak-yeon.
1. New AMFI’s Chairman
- Nimesh Shah has been elected as Chairman of Association of Mutual Funds in India (AMFI).
- He is currently MD and CEO of ICICI Prudential Mutual Fund.
2. New Chairperson of NCPCR
- Priyank Kanoongo appointed as Chairperson National Commission for Protection of Child Rights.
- The National Commission for Protection of Child Rights is an Indian governmental commission, established by an Act of Parliament, the Commission for Protection of Child Rights Act in December 2005, thus is a statutory body. The commission works under the aegis of Min. of Women and Child development, GoI.
3. International Day for the Eradication of Poverty
- International Day for the Eradication of Poverty is observed as 17 October
- Theme :- ‘Coming together with those furthest behind to build an inclusive world of universal respect for human rights and dignity’.
4. 2018 Man Booker Prize
- Anna Burns won 2018 Man Booker Prize for novel ‘Milkman’.
- Anna Burns is an Irish Booker Prize winning author. She was born in Belfast and raised in the working class Catholic district of Ardoyne. She moved to London in 1987. Her first novel, No Bones, is a gripping account of a girl’s life growing up in Belfast during the Troubles.
1. Youth Olympic Games 2018
- Suraj Panwar won Silver and India’s 1st Athletics Medal in the men’s 5000m race walk.
- Praveen Chitravel won bronze in Men’s Triple Jump event.
2. The youngest Indian to win the Man of the Series in Test cricket
- Prithvi Shaw has become the youngest Indian to win the Man of the Series in Test cricket.
- Prithvi Pankaj Shaw is an Indian cricketer and former India national under-19 cricket team captain who played for Middle Income Group Cricket Club in Mumbai and was the captain of Rizvi Springfield High School and the Mumbai under-16 team.
3. Asian Hockey Champions Trophy
- Host country: Oman || Teams: 6 || Venue: Sultan Qaboos Sports Complex || Dates: 18-28 October 2018 || City: Muscat
- The Asian Hockey Champions Trophy is an event held annually by the Asian Hockey Federation. It features the Asian Games top six field hockey teams competing in a round robin format. Pakistan and India are the most successful teams in Asian Hockey Champions Trophy; Pakistan and India have won the trophy twice.
4. 2018 Tianjin Open
- 2018 Tianjin Open (a women’s professional tennis tournament) was held in Tianjin, China.
- Women’s Singles :- Caroline Garcia (France)
- Daily Current Affairs: October 1
- Daily Current Affairs: October 2
- Daily Current Affairs: October 3
- Daily Current Affairs: October 4
- Daily Current Affairs: October 5
- Daily Current Affairs: October 6
- Daily Current Affairs: October 7
- Daily Current Affairs: October 8
- Daily Current Affairs: October 9
- Daily Current Affairs: October 10
- Daily Current Affairs: October 11
- Daily Current Affairs: October 12
- Daily Current Affairs: October 13
- Daily Current Affairs: October 14
- Daily Current Affairs: October 15