Daily Current Affairs 17 September 2018: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 17 September 2018. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 17 September 2018. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 17 September 2018 Current affairs test.
1. India tourism Mart 2018
- Piyush Goyal has inaugurated the first ever India tourism Mart 2018 (ITM 2018).
- The ITM 2018 has a participation of around 225 hosted international buyers and Media personnel across the world such as North America, West Europe, East Asia, Latin America etc.
2. Comprehensive Integrated Border Management System
- Rajnath Singh has inaugurated smart fencing project along International Border in J&K in Jammu.
- With the smart fencing, the number of casualties of our jawans on borders would get minimised and the stress level among the jawans would also reduce to a large extent.
3. ‘Swacch Dhara’ programme
- Chandrababu Naidu has inducted the ‘Swachh Dhara’ programme at Amravati.
- The aim is to provide clean drinking water across the state.
4. Kashi: Secret of the Black Temple – A book
- This book is written by Vineet Bajpai was launched in New Delhi.
- It is the 3rd book of Vineet Bajpai’s Harappa trilogy.
- 1. Harappa: Curse of the Blood River
- 2. Pralay: The Great Deluge
1. Overseas Jaipur Literature Festival
- Jaipur Literature Festival was organised in Houston, Texas, United States.
- Shashi Tharoor and Navtej Sarna(Indian ambassador to the US) participated in the festival.
2. ‘Credit Suisse Family 1000 in 2018’ – A study
- Acc. to report, India was ranked 3rd in terms of number of family-owned business.
- The report is published by Credit Suisse Research Institute (CSRI).
3. Pacific Asia Travel Association gold awards
- Kerala Tourism has won Gold awards of Pacific Asia Travel Association for the innovative marketing campaigns.
- Kerala: Capital: Thiruvananthapuram, Chief minister: Pinarayi Vijayan
4. Sudan’s new PM
- Moutaz Mousa Abdallah has become the Sudan’s new Prime Minister.
- Capital: Khartoum , Currency: Sudanese pound
1. Times magazine has been sold
- Time magazine has acquired by Salesforce founders Marc Benioff and his wife Lynne for $190 million.
- Time is an American weekly news magazine and news website published in New York City. It was founded in 1923 and originally run by Henry Luce. A European edition is published in London.
2. NABARD with PMKSY
- NABARD has sanctioned Rs 65,634.93 crore loan so far under Pradhan Mantri Krishi Sinchai Yojana (PMKSY).
- NABARD: Chairman – Harsh Kumar Bhanwala || Headquarters – Mumbai
3. Cisco with NITI Aayog and BSNL
- Cisco has signed MOU with BSNL and Niti Aayog for innovation and technology.
- CISCO: CEO Chuck Robbins || Headquarters: California, USA.
4. Rajbhasha Kirti Award
- Punjab National Bank was awarded with Rajbhasha Kirti Award which is presented by VP Venkaiah Naidu.
- PNB : Headquarters: New Delhi || CEO: Shri Sunil Mehta || Tagline: The Name you can BANK upon!
1. SAFF Championship 2018
- India lost 1-2 to Maldives in the final at the Bangabandhu National Stadium Dhaka,Bangladesh.
- South Asian Football Federation : Founded – 1997 || President – Kazi Salahuddin
2. ISSF World Championship has concluded
- The 52nd ISSF World Championship was held in Changwon,Korea.
- India finished at 3rd with 27 Medals(11 gold, 9 silver, 7 bronze).
- China has topped tally by winning 43 medals(20 gold, 15 silver, 8 bronze).
3. Silesian Boxing Championship
- Mary Kom clinched gold in the 13th International Silesian Women’s Boxing Championships, Poland.
- Mary Kom, is an Indian Olympic boxer hailing from Manipur. She is a five-time World Amateur Boxing champion, and the only woman boxer to have won a medal in each one of the six world championships.
- Daily Current Affairs: September 1
- Daily Current Affairs: September 2
- Daily Current Affairs: September 3
- Daily Current Affairs: September 4
- Daily Current Affairs: September 5
- Daily Current Affairs: September 6
- Daily Current Affairs: September 7
- Daily Current Affairs: September 8
- Daily Current Affairs: September 9
- Daily Current Affairs: September 10
- Daily Current Affairs: September 11
- Daily Current Affairs: September 12
- Daily Current Affairs: September 13
- Daily Current Affairs: September 14
- Daily Current Affairs: September 15