Daily Current Affairs 17th 18th August 2020: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 17th 18th August 2020. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 17th 18th August 2020. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 17th 18th August 2020 Current affairs test.
1. YellowChain centralized e-commerce platform
- Chief Minister of Nagaland Neiphiu Rio has launched ‘Yellow Chain’ a centralized e-commerce system.
- Chief Minister of Nagaland: Neiphiu Rio || Governor of Nagaland: R. N. Ravi.
1. DIGITAL APNAYEN
- Punjab National Bank launched ‘DIGITAL APNAYEN’ campaign to encourage customers to use digital banking channels.
- PNB: Headquarters: New Delhi || CEO: SS Mallikarjuna Rao
1. National Stock Exchange with IIM-B
- National Stock Exchange in collaboration with IIM-Bangalore announced the launch of Platform for investor education (PIE), a digital learning platform for investor education.
- NSE: Managing Director & CEO – Mr. Vikram Limaye || Headquarters – Mumbai.
2. India’s first bullion index
- Multi Commodity Exchange of India (MCX) will launch India’s first bullion index named ‘Bulldex’.
- Multi Commodity Exchange of India Ltd is an independent commodity exchange based in India. It was established in 2003 and is based in Mumbai. It is India’s largest commodity derivatives exchange.
- CEO: P.S. Reddy || Chairperson: Mr. Saurabh Chandra || Headquarters: Mumbai
1. Book ‘The Greatest Secret’
- Book ‘The Greatest Secret’ has been authored by Rhonda Byrne.
- Rhonda Byrne is an Australian television writer and producer. Her New Thought book The Secret is based on the belief in the law of attraction. She wrote several sequels to the book, including The Power, The Magic and Hero, as well as other books that relate to The Secret.
2. Book ‘Full Spectrum: India’s Wars, 1972-2020’
- Retired Air Vice Marshal Arjun Subramaniam has authored a new book ‘Full Spectrum: India’s Wars, 1972-2020’.
- A comprehensive account of war and conﬂict in contemporary India.
Science and Technology News
1. ATL AI Step Up Module
- NITI Aayog in collaboration with NASSCOM have launched the ‘ATL AI Step Up Module’ for students.
- NASSCOM: President– Debjani Ghosh || Head quarters– New Delhi
- NITI Aayog: CEO– Amitabh Kant || Head quarters– New Delhi
1. Nishikant Kamat passes away
- Director-Filmmaker Nishikant Kamat has passed away.
- Nishikant Kamat had directed some popular Bollywood movies like Force, Drishyam and Madaari.
2. Pandit Jasraj passes away
- Indian Classical Vocalist Pandit Jasraj has passed away.
- Pandit Jasraj was an Indian classical vocalist, belonging to the Mewati gharana. His musical career spanned 75 years resulting in national and international fame, respect and numerous major awards and accolades.
Award, Rankings and Indexes
1. Tamil Nadu Chief Minister’s special award
- Chief Scientist of World Health Organisation Soumya Swaminathan was conferred with the Tamil Nadu Chief Minister’s Special Award.
- It is in recognition of her advisory role in combating the COVID-19 pandemic in the state.
1. All India Football Federation with Sports Authority of India
- All India Football Federation and Sports Authority of India have joined hands to launch an E-Pathshala
- Aim: To recognise the creativity and develop the interest in football.
- AIFF: President: Praful Patel || Headquarters: Dwarka, Delhi
- SAI: Founded: 1982 || Headquarters location: New Delhi || Director General: Sandip Pradhan
2. Fit India Youth Clubs
- Minister of Youth Affairs and Sports Kiren Rijiju has launched ‘Fit India Youth Club’ Initiative.
- Aim: To create mass awareness about the relevance of fitness, across the nation.
Try some Quiz Questions now: Current Affairs Quiz,17th 18th August