Daily Current Affairs 17th 18th November 2020: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 17th 18th November 2020. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 17th 18th November 2020. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 17th 18th November 2020 Current affairs test.
1. Chief Minister of Bihar
- Nitish Kumar will be sworn-in as Chief Minister of Bihar for the seventh term.
- BJP legislature party leader Tarkishore Prasad and Deputy leader Renu Devi will be the new Deputy Chief Ministers.
2. Keetham lake
- Keetham lake in Uttar Pradesh added to list of recognised sites under Ramsar Convention.
- Uttar Pradesh: Governor: Anandiben Patel
1. Myanmar’s Election
- Myanmar’s ruling National League for Democracy party candidate Aung San Suu Kyi has secured enough seats in parliament to form the next government.
- Myanmar: Capital: Naypyitaw || President: Win Myint || Currency: Burmese kyat
2. 12th BRICS Summit
- Prime Minister Modi attended the 12th BRICS Summit hosted by Russia.
- BRICS is the acronym coined to associate five major emerging national economies: Brazil, Russia, India, China, and South Africa. The BRICS members are known for their significant influence on regional affairs. Since 2009, the BRICS nations have met annually at formal summits.
3. Regional Comprehensive Economic Partnership
- The Regional Comprehensive Economic Partnership (RCEP) is a free trade agreement between the Asia-Pacific nations of Australia, Brunei, Cambodia, China, Indonesia, Japan, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, New Zealand, the Philippines, Singapore, South Korea, Thailand, and Vietnam.
- The 15 member countries account for about 30% of the world’s population (2.2 billion people) and 30% of global GDP ($26.2 trillion) as of 2020, making it the biggest trade bloc in history.
- It was signed on 15 November 2020 at a virtual ASEAN Summit hosted by Vietnam, and will take effect within two years, after it has been ratified by the member countries.
- Nguyen Xuan Phuc, prime minister of Vietnam, which hosted the ceremony as ASEAN chair.
1. HDFC Bank, IndusInd in ‘red flag’ list
- HDFC Bank, IndusInd Bank are in ‘red flag’ list on nearing foreign investment cap
- FPIs can invest up to 74 per cent in both HDFC Bank and IndusInd Bank.
- The current FPI shareholding in case of HDFC Bank is 71.3 per cent, while that of IndusInd Bank is 73.1 per cent.
1. Reliance Retail acquires Urban Ladder
- Reliance Retail has acquired a majority stake in furniture and decor platform Urban Ladder.
- Reliance Retail: Headquarters: Mumbai || Chairman: Mukesh Ambani
1. State icon of Punjab by Election Commission of India
- Actor Sonu Sood has been appointed as state icon of Punjab by the Election Commission of India.
- The Election Commission of India is an autonomous constitutional authority responsible for administering election processes in India at national and state.
2. New HDFC MF as CEO
- Navneet Munot has quit SBI Mutual Funds CIO to join HDFC MF as CEO.
- SBI Mutual Fund: Headquarters: Mumbai || CEO & Managing director: Mr. Vinay M. Tonse
3. Reserve Bank Innovation Hub
- Kris Gopalakrishnan has been appointed first chairperson of Reserve Bank Innovation Hub.
- Senapathy (Kris) Gopalakrishnan is the co-founder and former co-Chairman, Infosys.
- Reserve Bank Innovation Hub (RBIH) to promote innovation across the financial sector by leveraging on technology and creating an environment that would facilitate and foster innovation.
1. International Day for Tolerance
- International Day for Tolerance is observed on 16 November.
- The International Day for Tolerance is an annual observance day declared by UNESCO in 1995 to generate public awareness of the dangers of intolerance.
2. World Day of Remembrance for Road Traffic Victims
- The World Day of Remembrance for Road Traffic Victims takes place on the third Sunday in November every year as the appropriate acknowledgment of victims of road traffic crashes and their families.
Agreements and MoUs
1. Indian School of Business (ISB) and Indian Council of World Affairs (ICWA)
- Indian School of Business and Indian Council of World Affairs have entered into an MoU in the areas of diplomacy, culture, economy and trade, education, international relations, sciences, social sciences, communications, and media..
- Indian Council of World Affairs: Location: New Delhi || T C A Raghavan: (Director General)
Award, Rankings and Indexes
1. 2020 UN Population Award
- Queen Mother of Bhutan was announced as the individual laureate for the 2020 United Nations Population Award.
- HelpAge India was announced as the 2020 United Nations Population Award’s institutional laureate for working with and for disadvantaged elderly people in India for nearly four decades.
- UNFPA: Headquarters: New York, New York || Head: Natalia Kanem || Founded: 1969
1. The official kit sponsor of Indian Cricket Team
- The BCCI has announced MPL Sports apparel and accessories as the official kit sponsor and merchandise partner of Indian Cricket Team replacing Nike.
- BCCI: President: Sourav Ganguly || Secretary: Jay Shah || Headquarters: Mumbai